Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Match broke my Blu-ray disc reader

Jan 15, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

Richard_X wrote:

I was playing a classic match on chateau. Suddenly a lag spike happened and I could not hear any grunts from characters. When the match ended, my ps3 froze so I turned it off. However it would not turn off after waiting a few mins so I unplugged my ps3 power outlet, waited a bit, plugged it back in, and turned on the ps3. Now my ps3 can't read any Blu-ray disk, whether it be a movie or game. My PS3 is also a slim from when they first came out.

Thanks naughy dog for not bothering to fix your buggy as hell game. huge lag spikes, dead body glitch, people can still float in the air while holding grenades, all these problems have existed since either Uncharted 2 or during the first Uncharted 3 beta, showing naughty dog rushed development of this game.

weird thing is it still reads DVDs but not any Blu-ray disks. meh.

ive had 3 playstations, 40 controllers, 3 keypads, and 2 ps moves since 2010, one playstation? noob lol

40 controllers?

Either you are incredibly rich or your credit card bill is up the roof, lol.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 48 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
349 posts

Jan 15, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

harrisj16 wrote:

My console is 6 years old and runs like it did on day 1. I'm lucky I guess:smileyhappy:

lucky **bleep**, my original 60GB would constantly turn itself off (within only being on for about a minute) so i had to get a new one about a year or two ago, now we have 3 ps3s in our family, one for me, one for my brother and one for my sister (so we've bought 4 ps3s in total) and my new one has only had one problem so far: it had a week or so where it wouldn't eject the disc properly, but it was fixed with the fan test and now it''s running quieter than ever (since it got rid of all the internal dust)

I have the original 80gb and I've dropped it once that I can remember, on carpet when I took it to my grandparents place.  After about an hour of use, it gets really loud, I guess that would be it's only problem, I've never had the dust cleaned in all these years. 

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 48 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2215 posts

Jan 16, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

Richard_X wrote:

I unplugged my ps3 power outlet [while it was still on]

i cried a little when i read this, i think your ps3 is messed up not because of the game but because of the way you treat it

I read over this, but you murdered it yourself if you turn off the power switch while your PS3 is on. 

You should have held the power button(NOT THE SWITCH) pressed for 30 seconds and it would have turned off. Maybe it would still have worked then.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 48 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Richard_X wrote:

i cried a little when i read this, i think your ps3 is messed up not because of the game but because of the way you treat it

I read over this, but you murdered it yourself if you turn off the power switch while your PS3 is on. 

You should have held the power button(NOT THE SWITCH) pressed for 30 seconds and it would have turned off. Maybe it would still have worked then.

What switch?

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 48 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Hey my PS3 overheated during summer while playing UC3.

IT'S THE GAME'S FAULT!

:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 48 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

Jan 16, 2013

IzunaShisui wrote:

Naughty Dog is a first party developer so they get to overclock ps3's and push it to the max, it's very good for your hardware.

And to add to the conspiracy going on here...in Japan people avoid Sony electronic products, they are infamous for the so called kill-switch. But of course, it's a theory.. not based on true facts. The playstation 3 was a big succes cause apparantly it didn't have the so called kill switch, funny stories to read. 

Anyways Final Fantasy 13 had lots of freezing issues on ps3, and then you would need to turn off the power while your ps3 is still on for it to reset, and that every 30 minutes of playing. 

That for an 80+ hour game, turning off the ps3 160 times unproperly... I think you can ruin the ps3 with that.

But uhm, blu-ray lenses wear out faster then normal dvd lenses. Your blu-ray lense just died on you.

Although I still have a mystery going on here, why does my uncharted 3 start up without the update just fine, and with the update I need to tilt my ps3, carefully of course, for it to read. It's hard to blame my ps3 with that in mind...

I'm still gonna get a new blu-ray lense though, it may be at it's end, I will invest 20$ for a new one, so that I can use my ps3 another 2/3 years for Uncharted 3 and other dual layer games. But this reminds me how much consoles suckkkk, if you assemble your own pc, you get 5 years garuantee on every part, with these playstation 3's you get 1 year, and that's cause Europe demands that.

If the minimum for electronics was 3 months, Sony would go for that. All they see is $$$$. 

That never happened when I played Final Fantasy 13, not once on more than one PS3 (I played it on a friend and my own PS3.) I don't think it happened to a lot of people? Maybe there was something wrong with your PS3 (if it happened to you?)

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 48 (171 Views)
Survivor
2215 posts

Jan 16, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

Richard_X wrote:

What switch?

The switch on the back.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 48 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3519 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Asraik wrote:
That never happened when I played Final Fantasy 13, not once on more than one PS3 (I played it on a friend and my own PS3.) I don't think it happened to a lot of people? Maybe there was something wrong with your PS3 (if it happened to you?)

I haven't had any freezing EVER while playing XIII. And I've spend like 300-400hours in that game. I've got the fat one, 80GB.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 48 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2215 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

Asraik wrote:

I haven't had any freezing EVER while playing XIII. And I've spend like 300-400hours in that game. I've got the fat one, 80GB.

Same, Except that I spend less time playing it. XIII is one of the few games that never froze my PS3.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 48 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Jan 16, 2013
The older PS3's had a switch on the back similar to a Switch on the back of a PC tower (I think :smileytongue: maybe it was just PS2)

And I never experienced any freezing in FFXIII :smileyhappy:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 48 (145 Views)
0 Likes