Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2215 posts

Re: Match broke my Blu-ray disc reader

Jan 16, 2013

shadowlibraboy wrote:
The older PS3's had a switch on the back similar to a Switch on the back of a PC tower (I think :smileytongue: maybe it was just PS2)

And I never experienced any freezing in FFXIII :smileyhappy:

the fat versions of the ps3 have the power switch at the back of the ps3, they took it out for the slim versions because too many people were turning their ps3s off with the back switch and corrupting their HDD (that switch is only meant to be touched if the ps3 is on stand by (red light) so sony thought it useless more their new model)

but in removing it, the slim versions are not able do to the fan test (unless there is a new way for the slim) which is useful if you need to clear out any internal dust (if your ps3 is overheating too easily or is too loud (too much dust)) or your ps3 won't eject your disc (the fan test acts as a force eject)

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 48 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2212 posts

Jan 16, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

shadowlibraboy wrote:
The older PS3's had a switch on the back similar to a Switch on the back of a PC tower (I think :smileytongue: maybe it was just PS2)

the fat versions of the ps3 have the power switch at the back of the ps3, they took it out for the slim versions because too many people were turning their ps3s off with the back switch and corrupting their HDD (that switch is only meant to be touched if the ps3 is on stand by (red light) so sony thought it useless more their new model)

but in removing it, the slim versions are not able do to the fan test (unless there is a new way for the slim) which is useful if you need to clear out any internal dust (if your ps3 is overheating too easily or is too loud (too much dust)) or your ps3 won't eject your disc (the fan test acts as a force eject)

I didn't know a slim didn't have a power switch. But who is that stupid to use the power switch to cut the PS3's power while it's on? PC's can't take that either.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 48 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2215 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

shadowlibraboy wrote:

I didn't know a slim didn't have a power switch. But who is that stupid to use the power switch to cut the PS3's power while it's on? PC's can't take that either.

you'd be surprised, i've gone over to people's houses to watch them eject the disc from the ps3 while the game is still running... 

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 48 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2212 posts

Jan 16, 2013

canadian94eh wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

canadian94eh wrote:

shadowlibraboy wrote:

you'd be surprised, i've gone over to people's houses to watch them eject the disc from the ps3 while the game is still running... 

I might have done that once actually when I wasn't paying attention. But that doesn't damage your PS3 at all. But yes, thats pretty stupid.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 48 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Jan 16, 2013
So I was right! :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah the slim versions can't do a fan test :smileysad:

I wasn't sure if it was PS3 fat or PS2 that had it but I guess it was the old PS3 :smileytongue:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 48 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1238 posts

Jan 16, 2013
I loved my old PS3 fat. The new slim is no where near as good, which is shocking. The only improvment the slim has over my old 60GB is Hard Drive space. I've had my slim for about 1 year and a half, but I still can't get over the changes.

No more backwards comparability? That's no fun.

Two USB slots, not four? That's my killer.
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 48 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Jan 17, 2013
^exactly, I have no idea what they basically downgraded the PS3 :smileysad:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 48 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9899 posts

Jan 17, 2013

shadowlibraboy wrote:
^exactly, I have no idea what they basically downgraded the PS3 :smileysad:

To do it like how Apple does it.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 48 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3538 posts

Jan 18, 2013
Why is this thread still going? Oops, I just helped it
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 48 (119 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 18, 2013
Just something curious.

The ps3 stops the disc spin before you eject it, there is no harm done. (idk about the super slim tough)
The game is stopped before you remove it.
You don't actually have to quit the game before removing the disc.

I've got my ps3 for 4 years, over 60 games, not a single disc is scratched and the system is 100% okay.
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 48 (104 Views)
0 Likes