Fender Bender
3591 posts

Re: Matchmaking is driving me crazy

May 26, 2013

I hate it when I find noobs and Museum comes up in voting, so I have to quit as I can't load Museum. Even worse iswhenthat happens 3times in a row, like yesternight.

Do you feel me?

Message 21 of 46 (373 Views)
Monster Hunter
31 posts

May 26, 2013
At least u get normal players as enemies. All I get is these crazy 5 star legacy 75 players, usually a clan of 5 with a kill ratio 80.000 against 10.000 . It really frustrates me a lot. It even happens if i play on a account with legacy one. Really fair matchmaking =/ NOT. Plus the weird thing is, in co op I only get noobs who run around and dont know anything and vote easy maps.
Message 22 of 46 (362 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

May 26, 2013
Matchmaking sucks in every game mode. Even Co-Op. For Co-Op, make sure DLC is on. For Competitive, make sure DLC is off. You're still not guaranteed good matchmaking, but the high levels are usually on DLC.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 23 of 46 (358 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

May 26, 2013
I used to do something during match making in competitive modes. I usually play with a few members of my clan, but sometimes I go in solo.

Anyway, I'd be waiting for the system to find other players. Often, it would match me against a bunch of high level players. Sometimes 5th legacy, with really high KDR's etc. And before the match even started, I would lose. I would beat myself. By just thinking "oh great, I don't stand a chance." And just like real life, if I go into something thinking that, I'm going to fail.

But, I've found a couple things out. Usually these players have those stats for a couple reasons. Either they all go after PW's, and then kill opposing players as they're being rushed. Or they stick together with the rest of their po5, and pick opponents off together. Or they're just really laggy and have an unfair advantage.

As far as PW's, I usually let the opponent get them first. And then I use a technique to where I try to get them to waste all their ammo without getting the kill. Almost like trolling them, in a sense. I pretend I'm not being very aware, and then dodge like crazy when someone starts firing the hammer in my direction. It actually does work occasionally.

Or I will keep my distance from the party and do certain things to break them up. Basically the goal is to just be unorthodox. It's funny tho, if things don't go perfect for these kind of players, they rage and unravel very fast. Once that happens, they're all yours.

I guess my point overall is, don't just go for the kill. Instead, just avoid dying for a while, let them waste their PW ammo and ultimately, get in their heads and frustrate them.

As far as laggy players, there isn't much that can be done.
Message 24 of 46 (335 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

May 26, 2013

The lack of a difficulty filter in co-op is really annoying for those who only want to play on Crushing. I've been trying to find a co-op match on Crushing for the last 15 min and I'm close to rage quitting before I've even had the chance of playing a match.

Message 25 of 46 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

May 26, 2013

You're not alone it happens to me alot also. Every time i wanna play crushing nobody else pick crushing it makes me rage quit.

Message 26 of 46 (324 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

May 26, 2013
You guys can add me if u wanna play crushing. When I play co-op, I pretty much stick to crushing. I do have some newer friends that I will play with on hard bc that's where they feel comfortable as of now.
Message 27 of 46 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

May 26, 2013

Maybe one day you can hope Naughty Dog will fix it. One day of course.

Message 28 of 46 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
567 posts

May 26, 2013
XD ha! ^^
They never cared, that much is obvious. This game is FULL of cheap kills. These lowlifes striving for high numbers by the easiest way possible. Hiding behind corners, hogging pws, blindfire, and camping. If u see them alone in matchmaking or inn FFA u can see they can't hold their own with out their cheap kills, so they quit XD
Naughty Dog built it to play like this, not to make it accessible to new players.
So just play for fun and let those stat geeks have their cheaply earned kdrs while u have a life Smiley Tongue
Message 29 of 46 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

May 26, 2013

Silver-Knight47 wrote:
XD ha! ^^
They never cared, that much is obvious. This game is FULL of cheap kills. These lowlifes striving for high numbers by the easiest way possible. Hiding behind corners, hogging pws, blindfire, and camping. If u see them alone in matchmaking or inn FFA u can see they can't hold their own with out their cheap kills, so they quit XD
Naughty Dog built it to play like this, not to make it accessible to new players.
So just play for fun and let those stat geeks have their cheaply earned kdrs while u have a life Smiley Tongue

It seems like nothing in this game takes skill. Something seems to pee of someone else. Hell I even got hatemail for using my beloved clown mask.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 30 of 46 (253 Views)