Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Re: Met a guy with a 1500-0 KDR??

Apr 7, 2013

tln_SWE wrote:

Just remove those stats altogether... They are completely pointless and only lead to people rage quitting and trying too hard. It would be much better if they had other stats to keep track of that made you feel like you make progress in every single match even if your team is losing bad. For example, you could unlock a skin or badge on your profile when you've gotten 100 BBQ kills or something.

As for having a super good WLR, that just means that you play in good parties a lot and/or never join games in progress. I would say that 9/10 matches I play are those where I join late because someone quit or because the game had started with too few people. I mean, there's not much you can do when you join a Plunder match at 0-4 and you only have two players left on your team. I still have a decent WLR (I have even done negative boosting on my accounts when I helped people get the DLC trophies) but that's because I can carry my entire team if the other team isn't uber strong.

Having a good WLR in plunder or objectives would point to the players, partied or not actually sacrificing themselves to get the job done. Yeah I wont late join any match, ever, It's not for WLR either. I just don't like not playing something from beginning to end.

Still needs people to play correctly. To win, even in parties. I've played in parties that don't even try to win.

But I agree with the top half, stats are pointless and just lead to stat hungry people leaving games. Happens in every game that has stats.

I never see people leaving in Blood Stone.. Oh right, it doesn't have stat tracking.

Message 21 of 51 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2428 posts

Apr 7, 2013

LIKEABAWS1996 wrote:
what is the guys psn? my friend is 642-1 and thats from being a strait up pro

No way, He just quits all the time. 642 kills is pretty new. Nobody is very good with less than 1000 kills. And even if he was the best player in the world he would still die by power weapons, power plays and get shot in the back. Or he camps very very hard.

Take a look at his quits and his losses.

Message 22 of 51 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

Apr 7, 2013

What is the point of having such a nonsensical KDR? Most logical people look at that and shake their heads, as there is no way someone can possibly get that legit.

Message 23 of 51 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Apr 7, 2013

This thread is making me feel way better about my horrible KDR. Thanks, people!

Message 24 of 51 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Blood_Meridian wrote:

This thread is making me feel way better about my horrible KDR. Thanks, people!

Well at least your stats are legitimate. Not this faked stuff. Smiley Wink

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 25 of 51 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Apr 7, 2013
Saw someone with 4,000 kills and a 9 KD I checked his stats on the ND page and he has 58 Rampant and 62 Rages so obvious that he boosted
Message 26 of 51 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Apr 8, 2013

XxMrAdorablexX wrote:

met a guy with 1500 kills - 0 deaths

FTW 1500 killstreak!!!

Message 27 of 51 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

Apr 8, 2013
I know EXACTLY who you are talking about. I ran into him as well. If I can remember correctly, he has "King" something in his name?

(I wont say his full name)

Dont report him though. Its no point.

Basically, what he does is camps the entire game & uses cloaked and smoke bomb. Hoping that he doesnt die. I actually killed him. But, the thing is, if he dies ONCE at any point, he will sign out, & sign back in so that his stats won't be affected. The only thing that gets affected is his win loss ratio. Not his kill death ratio.

But its kind if funny because I ran into him yesterday.
Message 28 of 51 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Stats are here (and which ones ND choose to put in for the next game remains to be seen) but I have a suggestion from one of my friends (GHENGISGRIMES..naming him to give credit, where credit is due):

Retain total kills in the stats but also include the stats for Power kills and Blindfire kills. So for those experienced players that use Blindfire a lot or the Power Weapon spammers, it is clear the proportion of their kill total is due to these two tactics.   I suspect that for the majority of players who care only about KDR, this will not faze them in the least but…

For some, this might begin to take some of the shine off boosting stats or at the very least, you’d immediately be able to tell if they rely heavily on either of these tactics – which may be more of a disincentive than the stats themselves.  If I know 50% of a certain player’s kills are from blindfire, then I’ll be sure to keep my distance from them.  And if this seems unfair, the LACK OF blindfire and power kills tells you something about that player’s gaming style as well.

PLUS…this will require no game code changes from ND and will allow them to retain the “new player accessibility” of blindfire that they deem so important.

Message 29 of 51 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3696 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

Look, I have ran into the guy a bunch of times and at one point I gave a crap about it but now who cares?

I really think hes trying to prove a point about how broken the stat system on the game is.

With out actually saying his name, his psn id is one cartoon\comic book villain. If this is who you are referring too.

Honestly if you really want to get him, and get him worse than ND can.

You have to hit him where it hurts, give him the deaths.

Now here is the trick, ---- play with a party of five. Don't let him know your on to him, don't say anything.

After you kill him say like 2 times, have your entire party sign out.

His deaths will be immediately recorded on his stats.

I use to do it to stat fakers before the patch.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 30 of 51 (347 Views)
0 Likes