Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
233 posts

Re: Met a guy with a 1500-0 KDR??

Apr 8, 2013
I know EXACTLY who you are talking about. I ran into him as well. If I can remember correctly, he has "King" something in his name?

(I wont say his full name)

Dont report him though. Its no point.

Basically, what he does is camps the entire game & uses cloaked and smoke bomb. Hoping that he doesnt die. I actually killed him. But, the thing is, if he dies ONCE at any point, he will sign out, & sign back in so that his stats won't be affected. The only thing that gets affected is his win loss ratio. Not his kill death ratio.

But its kind if funny because I ran into him yesterday.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 55 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Stats are here (and which ones ND choose to put in for the next game remains to be seen) but I have a suggestion from one of my friends (GHENGISGRIMES..naming him to give credit, where credit is due):

Retain total kills in the stats but also include the stats for Power kills and Blindfire kills. So for those experienced players that use Blindfire a lot or the Power Weapon spammers, it is clear the proportion of their kill total is due to these two tactics.   I suspect that for the majority of players who care only about KDR, this will not faze them in the least but…

For some, this might begin to take some of the shine off boosting stats or at the very least, you’d immediately be able to tell if they rely heavily on either of these tactics – which may be more of a disincentive than the stats themselves.  If I know 50% of a certain player’s kills are from blindfire, then I’ll be sure to keep my distance from them.  And if this seems unfair, the LACK OF blindfire and power kills tells you something about that player’s gaming style as well.

PLUS…this will require no game code changes from ND and will allow them to retain the “new player accessibility” of blindfire that they deem so important.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 55 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Apr 8, 2013

I doubt Naughty Dog will learn their lesson. They brought a lot of stuff from UC2 to UC3 that many hated and even made some of them worse than they were before. KDR and WLR stats shouldn't be tracked at all, period. It just leads to people taking the game way too seriously which is stupid since games should be about having fun. Some of the best and most competitive games ever like SOF2 didn't have any official leaderboards or stat pages and it certainly didn't hurt them. Bad or average players shouldn't have to be reminded how much they suck and those who want to play competitively can have their stats from clan matches recorded by a 3rd party (or you can have a ranked mode where stats are recorded).

To keep things interesting for veterans you can have a lot of badges like Killzone 3 have that are rewarded when you get a certain number of kills with different weapons or when you've played a certain number of matches in the various modes. We almost had something like this in UC3 but the mission system was just poorly designed IMO.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 55 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 8, 2013

Look, I have ran into the guy a bunch of times and at one point I gave a crap about it but now who cares?

I really think hes trying to prove a point about how broken the stat system on the game is.

With out actually saying his name, his psn id is one cartoon\comic book villain. If this is who you are referring too.

Honestly if you really want to get him, and get him worse than ND can.

You have to hit him where it hurts, give him the deaths.

Now here is the trick, ---- play with a party of five. Don't let him know your on to him, don't say anything.

After you kill him say like 2 times, have your entire party sign out.

His deaths will be immediately recorded on his stats.

I use to do it to stat fakers before the patch.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 55 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

Apr 8, 2013

I all reality if you really want all this fixed just do what battle field does,  let players reset their stats any time they want.

It works over there just fine. No one ever really calls some one out on their kdr. If anything its more so how many objective points.

Since KDR means squat over there everyone is focused on stats that require you to play the objective. Hence PTFO.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 55 (227 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
233 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Lol. People think I fake my stats because I have over a 3.00KDR. But my w/l isnt past 2.00.

But, I play solo 98% of the time. & when you play solo? You're going to run into full parties often & not always win.

Lol, I just stopped caring about what people say. I play the way I want, & if someone complains about it, LOL it won't make me change. They'll just keep complaining.

:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 55 (195 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 9, 2013

I have a 4.21 K/D on my main account but my W/L is only around 1.7. I've found that certain modes like Plunder can be very frustrating to play solo and can easily bring your W/L down. I'd often run into full parties there while my own teammates were camping with a Dragon Sniper and still went 3-17. :smileyvery-happy:

If you're almost always playing solo like me then a W/L around 2.0 is very good. There are just going to be so many matches where you won't be able to win even if you're the best player in the world simply because the teams are so unbalanced. I've played some matches where it was basically a race between me and one single good player on the other team to kill all the splitscreen noobs that were in the match. You know it's a bad game when you go 40-2 and still lose because the other guy went 45-3.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 55 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10014 posts

Apr 9, 2013
Screw that. I have positive KDR and negative WLR.

Or are they both negative? Hell, I don't know. What I know is that if I have both on negative it would be AWESOME.

I can act like a complete moron and still get excused! :smileyhappy:
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 55 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
550 posts

Apr 9, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Screw that. I have positive KDR and negative WLR.

Or are they both negative? Hell, I don't know. What I know is that if I have both on negative it would be AWESOME.

I can act like a complete moron and still get excused! :smileyhappy:

I thought it was easy to have a 1:1 ratio. :smileyindifferent:

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 55 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10014 posts

Apr 9, 2013
It's much easier to play like an F2P player, mind you. :smileyhappy:
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 55 (135 Views)
0 Likes