Oct 09 2013
By: CaptainProduce67 Wastelander 685 posts

Missing Coop Arena/Hunter Arena treasures...last one in set?

11 replies 538 views Edited Oct 9, 2013

For those of you missing any Coop Arena/Hunter Arena treasures, I humbly request that you post how many are the last one in a given set as well as how many total:

For me:

1/1

Sorry to presume for you TheRapidly but:

6/7

Message 1 of 12 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Re: Missing Coop Arena/Hunter Arena treasures...last one in set?

[ Edited ]
Oct 9, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

For those of you missing any Coop Arena/Hunter Arena treasures, I humbly request that you post how many are the last one in a given set as well as how many total:

For me:

1/1

6/7

are you trying to determine which treasures are "rare" for their specific treasure set? (ie. which has the lowest chance of dropping?) i don't really understand what you're trying to ask for

Message 2 of 12 (529 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Oct 9, 2013

We have a statement from ND that on the face of it suggests that all coop arena treasures have an equal chance of dropping, yet everyone believes that there are rare treasures.  I'm merely trying to put some hard numbers to the theory that it is in fact the last treasure in each set that is rare.

Message 3 of 12 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Oct 9, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

We have a statement from ND that on the face of it suggests that all coop arena treasures have an equal chance of dropping, yet everyone believes that there are rare treasures.  I'm merely trying to put some hard numbers to the theory that it is in fact the last treasure in each set that is rare.

are you saying that if you have a treasure set that looks like this:

-Treasure 1

-Treasure 2

-Treasure 3

than treasure 3 is always the rare treasure? i don't think that is always true, but idk since my treasure farming days are long over ... but on the note that they said all treasures have an equal chance of dropping ... i'm pretty sure they meant that you will have the same chance of getting treasure 'X' as everyone else since the drop rate is random (ie. you have the same chance as i do to get them) or any treasure will drop randomly between 0 kills - 'X' kills ... this does not mean that rare treasures don't exist however

for example say that there is only 3 treasures in the game and to determine which treasure will drop the computer will randomly select a number from 1 to 5 ... Treasure A will drop if only number 1 is picked, Treasure B will drop if only numbers 2 or 3 is picked, and Treasure C will drop if only numbers 4 or 5 is picked

so as you can see, the system that i have mentioned does not differentiate between users since the computer picks the numbers at random (not set before hand) and both Treasures B and C have a 2 in 5 chance of dropping and Treasure A only has a 1 in 5 chance ... so in this case Treasure A is the rare treasure in the set

now i doubt ND uses this system exactly but that is the general idea 

Message 4 of 12 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Oct 9, 2013

I must not be articulating clearly what I was after.

Some people are still missing Coop Arena/Hunter Arena treasures.  For those people, I was asking them to look at the treasures they still need and determine which are the last treasures listed in a given set.  For me, I’m missing Lion Nepal from the Bronze Animal set.  In that set, there happen to be two treasures and the one I’m missing is the second one listed (in game…Profile…Treasures).

For me, I’m missing one coop arena/hunter arena treasure and that one happens to be the last one listed in the set:  1/1…means 100% of the treasures I need happen to be the last one listed in the set.

In the case of another poster, 6/7 treasures needed are the last one listed in each of their respective sets…~85% of their missing treasures are the last one in a given set.

What I’m trying to demonstrate, quantitatively, is that there are in fact rare treasures in each set (and, as the theory goes, that rare treasure is most often the last one listed).  I think nearly everyone believes there are rare treasures and yet it appears as though an ND has stated that all treasures have an equal chance of dropping.

Message 5 of 12 (508 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Oct 9, 2013
MacGruber has stated it more than once. I talked to him about it first several months ago. He said that all Arena treasures have the same chance of dropping. He meant it in the form of there is no such thing as a rare treasure in Arena. There are rare treasures in Adventure and Competitive modes tho.

And I agree that some in Arena do seem rare. Why? Idk.
Message 6 of 12 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Oct 9, 2013

ND full well knows individual rares exist.  To prove it, you don't need to look any further than the Summer beta rewards.  The Treasure Hunter reward gives one treasure each for the Eerie Ritual Set, Priceless Incan Figurines, Gold Weapons, Lapis Lazuli Sanxingdui, and Spanish Coins (so Flynn's weapons, Drake's Para 9, and both character Micros).  In all five sets, the treasure given is the last one listed (Jade Ceremonial Blade, Ruby Inca Figurine, Gold Ceremonial Blade, Lapis Lazuli Sanxingdui Stickeye Head, and Gold Spanish Coin respectively).  My alt had virtually no trouble at all completing any of those sets as a result, including Flynn's M9, which is a four treasure set (nailed the other three in two matches).  I realize those are Legend sets, but you can't tell me that's a coincidence.

Just to hammer the point home, I'll repeat here that my offline Co-op profile is missing one treasure in all Arena sets except for Lost Pendants, Priceless Gilt, and the three Incan sets (which are all complete).  All of the missing pieces are the last treasure in their respective set.

So for your records, 20/20 for my offline profile. 

The profile was played almost entirely on Easy, so I can't say I wasn't expecting this to happen.  To clarify, the Ruby Gilt Tara was earned on a Normal difficulty Village match.

The only set in the game I know of with the rare listed somewhere other than last, aside from the Adventure sets, is Nine Jewel under Legends.  I can't tell you if any stat hat sets are erroneous in this particular manner.

Message 7 of 12 (485 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Oct 9, 2013
Well all the comp treasures are extremely easy to obtain, especially when compared to the Arena ones. Also especially if you use Treasure Hunter gold.

The only modes ND says there are no randoms in are the Arena modes.
Message 8 of 12 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Oct 12, 2013
@captainproduce, 1/1

Emerald stickeye head from the emerald sanxingdu ( probably spelt wrong) set.

All the ones that I struggled to get are the last ones in there set also.

Tibetan snuff bottle from the vagabond set was my second to last one, this was really annoying me as the first one from the set for me is the most common drop. Since I have completed vagabond however I have picked up the snuff bottle twice more ( oh the irony ).
Message 9 of 12 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Oct 12, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

For me:

1/1

6/7

One of my missing treasures isn't the last one, but it might be easier to get from Arena, I have only 90 Hard/Crushing completes..

Message 10 of 12 (424 Views)
0 Likes