Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 06 2013
By: Aureilia Welcoming Committee 13429 posts

Mmkay. Support for one more patch.

[ Edited ]
68 replies 490 views Edited Sep 6, 2013

So Uncharted 3 has been stuck on 1.17 forever while The Last of Us has receieved three patches while us who play more with Uncharted have received nothing.

The next patchnotes should look like this:

- Returned G-MAL to Pre 1.13 settings

- M9 ROF reduced further

- hipfire totally nerfed. Uncharted 2 levels of accuracy were fine.

- People getting left behind in lobbies is no longer an issue - It's getting worse.

- Parties are no longer split when games start 5v3, it finds players to compensate this.

Co-op

- Rare treasures are dropped, all treasures have equal abilities of appearing. (Related to Arena)

- Difficulty toggle before matches to decide what difficulty you want and you will also find people who want the same difficulty

Other stuff:

Player count.

Getting removed, kicked, split should not count as a quit nor a loss. - This is extremely important for those on Free to play they can't earn wins but get countless losses.

Possible Future Uncharted 3 event:

Limited Treasure Drop Weeks: Searching for that missing treasure? Want a better chance of getting it, the solution is here, on a weekly basis 10 treasures are selected for a drop week, during this week only those 10 will be available, the treasures for that week would be listed on the calendar or here in the forums.

Message 1 of 69 (490 Views)
Fender Bender
2065 posts

Re: Mmkay. Support for one more patch.

Sep 6, 2013

I agree with your list, but one thing I really want to see is the return of Ping based match making, ND figured out level based match making was a mistake in TLOU (only thanks to the community, which resulted in Tap and Death Machinist being unfairly banned by EvangM), so it's time to start fixing the lag Uncharted.

I'd also like a fix for the Spinning Ring of Death, and not to start a debate, but the leaderboards and stat cards need to go if they have no plans to fix some major issues with this game.

Pepsi
Message 2 of 69 (486 Views)
Fender Bender
2430 posts

Sep 6, 2013

No Blindfire is apart of UC3 making it non existent would break the immersiveness off certain CQC but I think they should nerf the auto aim assist bullet spread radius for the M9 & Para.

And Melee should get a slight nerf seriously one hit does 50% damage plus with the amount of lag it's just annoying getting punched from 10ft away.

Reduce recoil on G-Mal to how it is in Co op.

Remove PW's from FFA & Elimination.

Add a similar Ping based matchmaking like what TLOU just got. 

Otherwise I agree. 

Message 3 of 69 (484 Views)
Fender Bender
2852 posts

Sep 6, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

So Uncharted 3 has been stuck on 1.17 forever while The Last of Us has receieved three patches while us who play more with Uncharted have received nothing.

- M9 ROF reduced further

- hipfire totally nerfed to TLOU levels. ( Non existant)

- People getting left behind in lobbies is no longer an issue - It's getting worse.

- Parties are no longer split when games start 5v3, it finds players to compensate this.

Co-op

- Rare treasures are dropped, all treasures have equal abilities of appearing.

- Difficulty toggle before matches to decide what difficulty you want and you will also find people who want the same difficulty

Other stuff:

Player count.

Getting removed, kicked, split should not count as a quit nor a loss. - This is extremely important for those on Free to play they can't earn wins but get countless losses.

I disgree with hipfire totally removed (sounds strange when the biggest hipfire hater says that xD ), like it or not, hipfire is a part of Uncharted, and I don't mind if it stays, but NEVER should it be better than aiming, so it needs a big nerf indeed, but totally removing it wouldn't be a good idea if you ask me...

anyway, the patch will never happen I'm afraid :smileysad:

Message 4 of 69 (483 Views)
Fender Bender
2430 posts

Sep 6, 2013

SjShane wrote:

I agree with your list, but one thing I really want to see is the return of Ping based match making, ND figured out level based match making was a mistake in TLOU (only thanks to the community, which resulted in Tap and Death Machinist being unfairly banned by EvangM), so it's time to start fixing the lag Uncharted.

I'd also like a fix for the Spinning Ring of Death, and not to start a debate, but the leaderboards and stat cards need to go if they have no plans to fix some major issues with this game.

Stat cards should only be visible to you & friends on your list. I like seeing my stat card since I mostly play OBjective modes.

Message 5 of 69 (481 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13429 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

- M9 ROF reduced further

- hipfire totally nerfed to TLOU levels. ( Non existant)

Co-op

- Rare treasures are dropped, all treasures have equal abilities of appearing.

Other stuff:

Player count.

I disgree with hipfire totally removed (sounds strange when the biggest hipfire hater says that xD ), like it or not, hipfire is a part of Uncharted, and I don't mind if it stays, but NEVER should it be better than aiming, so it needs a big nerf indeed, but totally removing it wouldn't be a good idea if you ask me...

anyway, the patch will never happen I'm afraid :smileysad:

Thats what I actually meant. It works but it's useless against someone aiming. It's like that in TLOU. It's useless against anyone aiming because it doesn't work.

I think I was supposed to imply Uncharted 2 levels of hipfire. That was only dangerous because the default pistol was like one lucky shot and melee. lol.

Anyway. Anything good out there and I'll add it to the list.

I think we have a legitimately good chance of one last patch. From what I've gathered people are coming back to Uncharted 3 daily with new players from F2P too. They haven't even seen a patch yet and the main reason it needs a patch is for the F2P  users.

Getting losses while not being able to get wins

About 7 wins and 190000 losses sounds appealing.

Message 6 of 69 (472 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13429 posts

Sep 6, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

SjShane wrote:

Stat cards should only be visible to you & friends on your list. I like seeing my stat card since I mostly play OBjective modes.

Would you accept a stat card toggle? Some people love being posers with their KDR's... So.. They wouldn't like a removal.

Message 7 of 69 (464 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2430 posts

Sep 6, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

SjShane wrote:

Would you accept a stat card toggle? Some people love being posers with their KDR's... So.. They wouldn't like a removal.

I wouldn't it would totally defeat the purpose, if people can't see others stat cards in pre game lobby I feel their would be less pre game quitting of course with the exception they see a PO5 Legacy 5 lol. 

Message 8 of 69 (458 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1094 posts

Sep 6, 2013
I agree with most of the changes. M9/KAL RoF could definitely use a nerf. BF could use one too. I'll admit, every once in a while I will BF if I'm caught in a position that requires it. If I'm in CQC, I will BF if the other person is already BF'ing as its the only way to survive. Nerfing it in general would limit the trolling and demand players to use more strategy and play more intuitively, without resorting to BF or Whack n Roll. I think punches should get a slight nerf too. A punch shouldn't be as strong as a bullet from the Dragon (to the body).

As mentioned above, BF shouldn't be removed all together, as it's part of the UC atmosphere that gives it a feel. I just think it shouldn't be so effective. Using BF should mean you're in a worst case scenario, trying to survive position. Not used as a main tactic.

I agree that the Arena treasures should be looked at more. Maybe a develop or two can make a new account and try to collect them all, from the same POV a normal customer would be playing from. I believe they might see that certain treasures do seem to be rare. I believe that Arena treasures are meant to be equal in drop rate, but UC3's MP is also elaborate enough to where a few bugs could happen along the way.

The old G-MAL settings sound nice too. As that gun takes a decent amount of getting used to.

People should also keep in mind that some of these changes could be relatively easy to make. But, some of them would not be so easy. And could disrupt other parts of the game when trying to be edited. There's probably other reasons why certain things have or haven't been done, reasons that the fans may have overlooked.

My fingers are still crossed that there will be a UC4, and that we will see a lot of the changes there. TLoU isn't the best way to gauge whether or not ND is moving in the direction we want them to when it comes to UC MP, since it's an entirely different game. I'm hoping to see more results later down the road.
Message 9 of 69 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10073 posts

Sep 6, 2013
You meant to say that treasures still not collected have higher rate of drops compared to collected treasures (thereby making dupes the rare treasures). Once all is collected or if none are collected, all treasures have the same drop rate.

Even if they made all treasures the same rate, rare treasures would still be hard to get.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 10 of 69 (436 Views)
0 Likes