Welcoming Committee
14213 posts

Re: Mmkay. Support for one more patch.

Sep 6, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

See, I told you dudes having the same rate doesn't make a difference. There's tons of treasures in co-op arena, and your chances of getting the specific treasure you want is 1/64 (LOL 1.56%. I am NOT kidding you have a literal TWO PERCENT CHANCE of getting that last treasure for the Cat Ears/Goggles/whatever item you wanted from co-op arena).

I guess it's impossible to make treasures you don't have drop more than treasures you have. I guess increasing the rare treasure rates compared to common treasure would help slightly.

It's not impossible. I've listed a way where 10 different treasures will drop on a weekly basis for every single week.

Only 10 so your chances are down from 1-64 to 1-10

Message 41 of 69 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
420 posts

Sep 6, 2013
I'd take one in 64 that's some tasty odds compared to one in NEVER. Out of 10 treasures I get at least two Tibetan passports or gold Newari figures, if all drops WERE equal you would eventually complete your sets.
Message 42 of 69 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 7, 2013
You're reading it wrong. "One out of the next 64 drops" means your chance percentage increases the closer you get to 64 treasures. That's not true. Each and every single one is a 2% chance, so technically you should be happy you got something in just 500 drops.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 43 of 69 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 7, 2013
@Aure that's assuming you actually have the treasure you're looking for every week. The ten treasures rotate, so it's more of 1/10 then you'll never get it at any point this week then etc etc.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 44 of 69 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14213 posts

Sep 7, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
@Aure that's assuming you actually have the treasure you're looking for every week. The ten treasures rotate, so it's more of 1/10 then you'll never get it at any point this week then etc etc.

Then you pick your weeks to play Smiley Tongue

It's much easier than what we currently have. Maybe I'm describing it wrong though.

Message 45 of 69 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Sep 7, 2013

The treasure drop algorithym should be dropped altogether. We could make the missions more important by making players complete missions to get items. For example: Get 3 Head Crackers in one Co-op game and you will receive Marlowe's Head Wrap.

This means that players will be more interested and determined to get the treasures unlike most people nowadays who don't want to play co-op on the slight chance they might receive the one treasure out of hundreds that they need. Therefore, more people will play, people will succeed when they get what they want, people will be happy, and people will want to buy DLC because they're happy. It's a win-win. Naughty Dog is apparently always wanting money for DLC so if they put in the mission system, they could get money and we can be happy.

Seriously, people like CaptainProduce67 who has been playing co-op arena for ages, has almost 1000 completions on each difficulty and has over 200,000 NPC kills still doesn't have all the co-op treasures. That is ridiculous. That just further proves that we need the Mission System.

Bang Bang!

Message 46 of 69 (318 Views)
Survivor
2202 posts

Sep 7, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

So Uncharted 3 has been stuck on 1.17 forever while The Last of Us has receieved three patches while us who play more with Uncharted have received nothing.

The next patchnotes should look like this:

- Returned G-MAL to Pre 1.13 settings

Agreed, if not perfectly at least close

- M9 ROF reduced further

Agreed, it should also decrease aim assist when used.

- hipfire totally nerfed. Uncharted 2 levels of accuracy were fine.

Very much agreed, I played UC2 a couple of days ago and the blindfire was fine.

- People getting left behind in lobbies is no longer an issue - It's getting worse.

Agreed.

- Parties are no longer split when games start 5v3, it finds players to compensate this.

Agreed.

Co-op

- Rare treasures are dropped, all treasures have equal abilities of appearing. (Related to Arena)

- Difficulty toggle before matches to decide what difficulty you want and you will also find people who want the same difficulty

Agreed.

Other stuff:

Player count.

Getting removed, kicked, split should not count as a quit nor a loss. - This is extremely important for those on Free to play they can't earn wins but get countless losses.

Agreed.

Possible Future Uncharted 3 event:

Limited Treasure Drop Weeks: Searching for that missing treasure? Want a better chance of getting it, the solution is here, on a weekly basis 10 treasures are selected for a drop week, during this week only those 10 will be available, the treasures for that week would be listed on the calendar or here in the forums.

Sounds like an interesting Idea, I would like to see how that will work out.

In other words, I agree lol. Smiley LOL

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 47 of 69 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Sep 7, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

nationm04 wrote:
Actually, I find that once I finally find a treasure I need, it drops all the time after. A developer told me that all Arena/Hunter treasures have the same drop rate/rarity. And therefore, there is no such thing as a rare treasure in the modes. Even on rare treasure weekends, the only thing they can do in those modes is make treasures drop more often; since there aren't rare ones to have drop instead.

But seeing how so many people have such a hard time finding the same ones, it's hard to believe its coincidental. Therefore, assuming that the dev isn't intentionally lying, which I don't think he is, I'm guessing a couple treasures are glitched. And that's what causes them to actually end up appearing rare.

Looking at the actual treasure drop script, I can tell you that Arena/Hunter treasures all have the same drop rate. It's a very long list that is all random so there's a very good chance for people to be "unlucky" and have a hard time getting the treasures they want. I'm trying to figure out a solution to this and getting rid of duplicates is not possible. We'll do something to help with treasures, just not sure what yet.

But how can it be that it are always the same treasures people need? It is always newari figures copper, never gold, bronze or silver. Ok, Warpld posted recently that he still needed the gold one and he had the copper. But that is the bad luck you described since I haven't heard anyone since the release saying that they had Newari figures bronze but didn't had one of the other 3. 

But it happens to many more sets.

Emerald Sanxingdui: Sanxingdui Stickeye Head (emerald)

I get spammed with the roundtop head but the stickeye only dropped 2 times for me. And I hear a lot of people say that this treasure is among the last they need.

Same story with Odd Relics (strange relic Ivory)

Vagabond:  Tibetan Snuff Bottle (silver)

I probably found over 100 passports(the other treasure in the set) But I have found this one only once or twice.

Valuable Gold: Fibula Thogchag (gold)

Lost Seals:  Official Seal (jade)

I still need this one and again I think the number I have found the other treasure lies between 50 and 100 times. (NOT KIDDING)

Mythology: Chimera (emerald)

Gold Rings: Not sure which one I think it is Intricate Ring (gold)

Nine Jewel: Nine Jewel Ring (gold)

Another very good example. I have found tons and tons of the silver ring but the gold ring only droped very few times(compared to the Silver ring)

Are you kidding me? I need the Copper Newari Figure...

As for Mythology, yep...

Nine Jewel, I got it after 2 months of TO grinding.

Bang Bang!

Message 48 of 69 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 7, 2013

Steven1379 wrote:

by hipfire you mean the M9 and the Para9 RITE!?!?!?!?! the RoF and BF issues can be resolved by racing the amount of bullets the M9/Para9 need to make a kill, for the Kal-7 has been messed up enough its the only gun that has better BF without the BF mod on so that means its BF mods is still broken since the last patch

as for the gmal it does seam a bit useless now a days BUT TAKING HER BACK TO THE OLD STOPING POWER is NOT the solution. Its enough that i have to deal with bombarding planes making me run matrix style slowmo i dont want to feel like that everytime someone gmal shoots me

Penguin Slap.gif

You run around with RoF + Blindfire KAL and Arm Micro all the time. You don't get a say in the modification of different guns until you learn to aim.

Bang Bang!

Message 49 of 69 (312 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 7, 2013
Why isn't steven banned for being a **bleep** **bleep** **bleep**? It's a crime against the forum's intelligence. Every time he talks, everyone gets dumber.
Message 50 of 69 (300 Views)