Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Re: Mmkay. Support for one more patch.

Sep 7, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

The treasure drop algorithym should be dropped altogether. We could make the missions more important by making players complete missions to get items. For example: Get 3 Head Crackers in one Co-op game and you will receive Marlowe's Head Wrap.

This means that players will be more interested and determined to get the treasures unlike most people nowadays who don't want to play co-op on the slight chance they might receive the one treasure out of hundreds that they need. Therefore, more people will play, people will succeed when they get what they want, people will be happy, and people will want to buy DLC because they're happy. It's a win-win. Naughty Dog is apparently always wanting money for DLC so if they put in the mission system, they could get money and we can be happy.

Seriously, people like CaptainProduce67 who has been playing co-op arena for ages, has almost 1000 completions on each difficulty and has over 200,000 NPC kills still doesn't have all the co-op treasures. That is ridiculous. That just further proves that we need the Mission System.

exactly, although the missions should be harder than just 3 head crackers in a coop match, but I agree that we should use challenges to unlock items Smiley Happy

I talked to MacGruber about it and he said that he couldn't alter or add missions. I guess that's a no for Uncharted 3 :/

Let's get our hopes up for Uncharted 4?

Bang Bang!

Message 61 of 69 (577 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 8, 2013
HC mode for UC4, yep.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 62 of 69 (561 Views)
Fender Bender
3647 posts

Sep 8, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

The treasure drop algorithym should be dropped altogether. We could make the missions more important by making players complete missions to get items. For example: Get 3 Head Crackers in one Co-op game and you will receive Marlowe's Head Wrap.

This means that players will be more interested and determined to get the treasures unlike most people nowadays who don't want to play co-op on the slight chance they might receive the one treasure out of hundreds that they need. Therefore, more people will play, people will succeed when they get what they want, people will be happy, and people will want to buy DLC because they're happy. It's a win-win. Naughty Dog is apparently always wanting money for DLC so if they put in the mission system, they could get money and we can be happy.

Seriously, people like CaptainProduce67 who has been playing co-op arena for ages, has almost 1000 completions on each difficulty and has over 200,000 NPC kills still doesn't have all the co-op treasures. That is ridiculous. That just further proves that we need the Mission System.

exactly, although the missions should be harder than just 3 head crackers in a coop match, but I agree that we should use challenges to unlock items Smiley Happy

I talked to MacGruber about it and he said that he couldn't alter or add missions. I guess that's a no for Uncharted 3 :/

Let's get our hopes up for Uncharted 4?

oh I thought you were talking about Uncharted 4, so I replied that I wished to see that in Uncharted 4 as well, I know it would be a lot of work to implement that in Uncharted 3 now Smiley Wink

Message 63 of 69 (549 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Sep 8, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

Let's be real here: the support for U3 is little to nothing now. I don't think there will be another patch, and with PS4 coming out U3 will be completely ignored. It was good while it lasted. 

Well UC3 is an old game I think ND have given us lots of patches. Do I think they could have done better yes especially when it comes to co-op.

If any of you were ND and just released TLOU that needs fixes too and are also working on your next game, what would you have done?

Would you have supported this game this long or longer its easy to say yes as a fan but would you if you new how much resources wouldn't then be but into something like say UC4.

I will say some games last years just because of developer support.

Message 64 of 69 (540 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Sep 8, 2013

snake134678 wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

Let's be real here: the support for U3 is little to nothing now. I don't think there will be another patch, and with PS4 coming out U3 will be completely ignored. It was good while it lasted. 

Well UC3 is an old game I think ND have given us lots of patches. Do I think they could have done better yes especially when it comes to co-op.

If any of you were ND and just released TLOU that needs fixes too and are also working on your next game, what would you have done?

Would you have supported this game this long or longer its easy to say yes as a fan but would you if you new how much resources wouldn't then be but into something like say UC4.

I would continue to support this game until UC4 comes out. ND's biggest profit has come from Uncharted 3, it's renowned third-person shooter multiplayer and all the DLC they've sold. TLoU's gotten them next to nothing at the moment.

Bang Bang!

Message 65 of 69 (536 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4945 posts

Sep 8, 2013
OP, I declare you President of UC3.
 photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 66 of 69 (532 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 9, 2013

If they answer it will be something like: '' We can't do that it require touching the code''.

You can dream all you want but it will never happen and if it happens I rather have pre patch 1.05 on Uncharted 2.

UC3 is already a good game, UC2 however is broken.

Message 67 of 69 (489 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Sep 9, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

snake134678 wrote:

Solid---Steak wrote:

I would continue to support this game until UC4 comes out. ND's biggest profit has come from Uncharted 3, it's renowned third-person shooter multiplayer and all the DLC they've sold. TLoU's gotten them next to nothing at the moment.

True, I would play U3 over TLoU any day. The DLC info ND said they would share at the end of August was never announced, I spent £15 day one on a season pass that is, right now, pretty worthless. I haven't played TLoU for a couple of months now, and I doubt I will play it again until said DLC emerges.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 68 of 69 (468 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Sep 12, 2013
I don't like this. Next patch will increase G-MAL and FAL-SS recoil, and treasures will become more rare to make them even more special. My vision is coming to life, too bad I'll never play this game.

Iron fisting everyone since launch, also this account is a spoof and should not be taken seriously.
Message 69 of 69 (404 Views)
0 Likes