I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Re: Mmkay. Support for one more patch.

Sep 6, 2013
Actually, I find that once I finally find a treasure I need, it drops all the time after. A developer told me that all Arena/Hunter treasures have the same drop rate/rarity. And therefore, there is no such thing as a rare treasure in the modes. Even on rare treasure weekends, the only thing they can do in those modes is make treasures drop more often; since there aren't rare ones to have drop instead.

But seeing how so many people have such a hard time finding the same ones, it's hard to believe its coincidental. Therefore, assuming that the dev isn't intentionally lying, which I don't think he is, I'm guessing a couple treasures are glitched. And that's what causes them to actually end up appearing rare.
Message 11 of 69 (386 Views)
Naughty Dog Developer
615 posts

Sep 6, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
Actually, I find that once I finally find a treasure I need, it drops all the time after. A developer told me that all Arena/Hunter treasures have the same drop rate/rarity. And therefore, there is no such thing as a rare treasure in the modes. Even on rare treasure weekends, the only thing they can do in those modes is make treasures drop more often; since there aren't rare ones to have drop instead.

But seeing how so many people have such a hard time finding the same ones, it's hard to believe its coincidental. Therefore, assuming that the dev isn't intentionally lying, which I don't think he is, I'm guessing a couple treasures are glitched. And that's what causes them to actually end up appearing rare.

Looking at the actual treasure drop script, I can tell you that Arena/Hunter treasures all have the same drop rate. It's a very long list that is all random so there's a very good chance for people to be "unlucky" and have a hard time getting the treasures they want. I'm trying to figure out a solution to this and getting rid of duplicates is not possible. We'll do something to help with treasures, just not sure what yet.

Message 12 of 69 (383 Views)
Fender Bender
3465 posts

Sep 6, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

nationm04 wrote:

Looking at the actual treasure drop script, I can tell you that Arena/Hunter treasures all have the same drop rate. It's a very long list that is all random so there's a very good chance for people to be "unlucky" and have a hard time getting the treasures they want. I'm trying to figure out a solution to this and getting rid of duplicates is not possible. We'll do something to help with treasures, just not sure what yet.

I think I know a very easy to patch and a pretty good solution (not the best, but we can't go for perfection so late after the games' release), the solution would be to put certain treasure sets in certain maps, so that people know which map they have to play to get the treasure, so for instance you make the first 3 treasures sets drop in airstrip, then the next 3 in chateau, another 3 sets in yemen, and so on (I don't know exactly how many treasure sets there are, but I think it would help a lot to split them up over different maps, compare it to coop adventure, you don't hear anyone complaining that those treasure sets are to hard to find, that's because players know in which map to play to get the treasure, if you do the same for coop arena, the problem isn't so big anymore, people will just play in a certain map to find the treasure they still need)

Message 13 of 69 (376 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Sep 6, 2013
There's no way to get rid of duplicates. Man, would that be boring lol. I appreciate the response tho. I remember during rare treasure weekend you increased the overall drop rate of the Arena treasures in general. I was still focused on the Comp treasures at that point.

Honestly, I will probably play this game til (if/when) UC4 comes out, or til it dies (wont be soon) so I will eventually find them anyway. Although it'd be nice if it happened within the next 2 years. I hope you come up with an appropriate solution. There's quite a few of us left feeling like -_- after picking up our 100th crystal Buddha Statue lol.
Message 14 of 69 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
615 posts

Sep 6, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

nationm04 wrote:

I think I know a very easy to patch and a pretty good solution (not the best, but we can't go for perfection so late after the games' release), the solution would be to put certain treasure sets in certain maps, so that people know which map they have to play to get the treasure, so for instance you make the first 3 treasures sets drop in airstrip, then the next 3 in chateau, another 3 sets in yemen, and so on (I don't know exactly how many treasure sets there are, but I think it would help a lot to split them up over different maps, compare it to coop adventure, you don't hear anyone complaining that those treasure sets are to hard to find, that's because players know in which map to play to get the treasure, if you do the same for coop arena, the problem isn't so big anymore, people will just play in a certain map to find the treasure they still need)

This is not possible.

Message 15 of 69 (361 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Sep 6, 2013
I wish I could spend 5 mins at ND looking at some coding. I could dream up so many ideas that no one other than me would care about.
Message 16 of 69 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2381 posts

Sep 6, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

nationm04 wrote:

But how can it be that it are always the same treasures people need? It is always newari figures copper, never gold, bronze or silver. Ok, Warpld posted recently that he still needed the gold one and he had the copper. But that is the bad luck you described since I haven't heard anyone since the release saying that they had Newari figures bronze but didn't had one of the other 3. 

But it happens to many more sets.

Emerald Sanxingdui: Sanxingdui Stickeye Head (emerald)

I get spammed with the roundtop head but the stickeye only dropped 2 times for me. And I hear a lot of people say that this treasure is among the last they need.

Same story with Odd Relics (strange relic Ivory)

Vagabond:  Tibetan Snuff Bottle (silver)

I probably found over 100 passports(the other treasure in the set) But I have found this one only once or twice.

Valuable Gold: Fibula Thogchag (gold)

Lost Seals:  Official Seal (jade)

I still need this one and again I think the number I have found the other treasure lies between 50 and 100 times. (NOT KIDDING)

Mythology: Chimera (emerald)

Gold Rings: Not sure which one I think it is Intricate Ring (gold)

Nine Jewel: Nine Jewel Ring (gold)

Another very good example. I have found tons and tons of the silver ring but the gold ring only droped very few times(compared to the Silver ring)

Message 17 of 69 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3465 posts

Sep 6, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

nationm04 wrote:

This is not possible.

ok, I'm not a game developer, but it seemed like such an easy solution to me, if you know how to make certain treasure sets drop on certain coop adventure maps, then it can't really be that hard to do the same in coop arena, right? if something like that is already impossible to do, then I start to understand why it actually takes this long to have a solution to the treasure drop rate problem, anyway, you don't have to explain it to me, I'll believe you, I'm just confused Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 69 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3465 posts

Sep 6, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

nationm04 wrote:

But how can it be that it are always the same treasures people need? It is always newari figures copper, never gold, bronze or silver. Ok, Warpld posted recently that he still needed the gold one and he had the copper. But that is the bad luck you described since I haven't heard anyone since the release saying that they had Newari figures bronze but didn't had one of the other 3. 

But it happens to many more sets.

Emerald Sanxingdui: Sanxingdui Stickeye Head (emerald)

I get spammed with the roundtop head but the stickeye only dropped 2 times for me. And I hear a lot of people say that this treasure is among the last they need.

Same story with Odd Relics (strange relic Ivory)

Vagabond:  Tibetan Snuff Bottle (silver)

I probably found over 100 passports(the other treasure in the set) But I have found this one only once or twice.

Valuable Gold: Fibula Thogchag (gold)

Lost Seals:  Official Seal (jade)

I still need this one and again I think the number I have found the other treasure lies between 50 and 100 times. (NOT KIDDING)

Mythology: Chimera (emerald)

Gold Rings: Not sure which one I think it is Intricate Ring (gold)

Nine Jewel: Nine Jewel Ring (gold)

Another very good example. I have found tons and tons of the silver ring but the gold ring only droped very few times(compared to the Silver ring)

yeah, and obviously some treasures drop way easier in hunter than in coop arena, I find it difficult to understand that it is random too...

Message 19 of 69 (345 Views)
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

So Uncharted 3 has been stuck on 1.17 forever while The Last of Us has receieved three patches while us who play more with Uncharted have received nothing.

The next patchnotes should look like this:

- Returned G-MAL to Pre 1.13 settings

- M9 ROF reduced further

- hipfire totally nerfed. Uncharted 2 levels of accuracy were fine.

- People getting left behind in lobbies is no longer an issue - It's getting worse.

- Parties are no longer split when games start 5v3, it finds players to compensate this.

Co-op

- Rare treasures are dropped, all treasures have equal abilities of appearing.

- Difficulty toggle before matches to decide what difficulty you want and you will also find people who want the same difficulty

Other stuff:

Player count.

Getting removed, kicked, split should not count as a quit nor a loss. - This is extremely important for those on Free to play they can't earn wins but get countless losses.

I agree with your list, although I would like to see RoF completely removed from the game, or removed from Matchmaking completely. 

Oh and also fleet foot nerfed. 

Message 20 of 69 (343 Views)