521 posts

Re: Mmkay. Support for one more patch.

Sep 6, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

nationm04 wrote:
Actually, I find that once I finally find a treasure I need, it drops all the time after. A developer told me that all Arena/Hunter treasures have the same drop rate/rarity. And therefore, there is no such thing as a rare treasure in the modes. Even on rare treasure weekends, the only thing they can do in those modes is make treasures drop more often; since there aren't rare ones to have drop instead.

But seeing how so many people have such a hard time finding the same ones, it's hard to believe its coincidental. Therefore, assuming that the dev isn't intentionally lying, which I don't think he is, I'm guessing a couple treasures are glitched. And that's what causes them to actually end up appearing rare.

Looking at the actual treasure drop script, I can tell you that Arena/Hunter treasures all have the same drop rate. It's a very long list that is all random so there's a very good chance for people to be "unlucky" and have a hard time getting the treasures they want. I'm trying to figure out a solution to this and getting rid of duplicates is not possible. We'll do something to help with treasures, just not sure what yet.

I think I know a very easy to patch and a pretty good solution (not the best, but we can't go for perfection so late after the games' release), the solution would be to put certain treasure sets in certain maps, so that people know which map they have to play to get the treasure, so for instance you make the first 3 treasures sets drop in airstrip, then the next 3 in chateau, another 3 sets in yemen, and so on (I don't know exactly how many treasure sets there are, but I think it would help a lot to split them up over different maps, compare it to coop adventure, you don't hear anyone complaining that those treasure sets are to hard to find, that's because players know in which map to play to get the treasure, if you do the same for coop arena, the problem isn't so big anymore, people will just play in a certain map to find the treasure they still need)

This is not possible.

ok, I'm not a game developer, but it seemed like such an easy solution to me, if you know how to make certain treasure sets drop on certain coop adventure maps, then it can't really be that hard to do the same in coop arena, right? if something like that is already impossible to do, then I start to understand why it actually takes this long to have a solution to the treasure drop rate problem, anyway, you don't have to explain it to me, I'll believe you, I'm just confused :smileyhappy:

Co-op Adventure treasures are not attached to a map, rather a particular NPC. All the npcs are the same in arena regardless of map, so this is just not possible.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 69 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

Sep 6, 2013
^^
This

@macgruber310, it's only the fact that you're a ND developer that gives your statement that all arena treasures have the same drop rate any credence at all.
The examples that Hielke gives are true for everyone that I've spoken too, and I've posted in a lot of forum threads on the subject.
Plus hunter arena does drop the rare treasures more frequently than arena and no one is going to convince me that this is coincidence or placebo. I hadn't had a new treasure for MONTHS until I followed the advice of other forumers and finally started playing hunter where lo and behold I started completing sets. Oh and bronze wish is another set that is difficult to complete I can't remember the names but you always get the one that looks like a wheel and I've only ever found the other one once.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 69 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
699 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

by hipfire you mean the M9 and the Para9 RITE!?!?!?!?! the RoF and BF issues can be resolved by racing the amount of bullets the M9/Para9 need to make a kill, for the Kal-7 has been messed up enough its the only gun that has better BF without the BF mod on so that means its BF mods is still broken since the last patch

as for the gmal it does seam a bit useless now a days BUT TAKING HER BACK TO THE OLD STOPING POWER is NOT the solution. Its enough that i have to deal with bombarding planes making me run matrix style slowmo i dont want to feel like that everytime someone gmal shoots me

Uncharted 2 Stats Card by JAKPRO.net - Steven1379
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 69 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Sep 6, 2013

Icebound1 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

So Uncharted 3 has been stuck on 1.17 forever while The Last of Us has receieved three patches while us who play more with Uncharted have received nothing.

The next patchnotes should look like this:

- Returned G-MAL to Pre 1.13 settings

- M9 ROF reduced further

- hipfire totally nerfed. Uncharted 2 levels of accuracy were fine.

- People getting left behind in lobbies is no longer an issue - It's getting worse.

- Parties are no longer split when games start 5v3, it finds players to compensate this.

Co-op

- Rare treasures are dropped, all treasures have equal abilities of appearing.

- Difficulty toggle before matches to decide what difficulty you want and you will also find people who want the same difficulty

Other stuff:

Player count.

Getting removed, kicked, split should not count as a quit nor a loss. - This is extremely important for those on Free to play they can't earn wins but get countless losses.

I agree with your list, although I would like to see RoF completely removed from the game, or removed from Matchmaking completely. 

Oh and also fleet foot nerfed. 

totally agree, I hardly hear people complaining about fleet foot, but I think it is such an annoying booster, it makes the cover system useless, everyone is just strafing with insane speeds back and forth behind a wall, so it's almost impossible to hit them, I want that one nerfed or even better removed, and yes RoF should be removed too, never should a mod help you kill easier, same for accuracy (it's on the less popular weapons, but I think the mod should be removed too at the same time as rate of fire)

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 69 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

Sep 6, 2013
Ok so which npc drops the emerald stick eye head, it's my last treasure and the last trophy I need for 100%
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 69 (172 Views)
Sackboy
391 posts

Sep 6, 2013
IF the treasure drops are attached to a particular npc then this at least explains why the drops are different in hunter as npcs don't drop the treasures there.
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 69 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Sep 6, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

nationm04 wrote:
Actually, I find that once I finally find a treasure I need, it drops all the time after. A developer told me that all Arena/Hunter treasures have the same drop rate/rarity. And therefore, there is no such thing as a rare treasure in the modes. Even on rare treasure weekends, the only thing they can do in those modes is make treasures drop more often; since there aren't rare ones to have drop instead.

But seeing how so many people have such a hard time finding the same ones, it's hard to believe its coincidental. Therefore, assuming that the dev isn't intentionally lying, which I don't think he is, I'm guessing a couple treasures are glitched. And that's what causes them to actually end up appearing rare.

Looking at the actual treasure drop script, I can tell you that Arena/Hunter treasures all have the same drop rate. It's a very long list that is all random so there's a very good chance for people to be "unlucky" and have a hard time getting the treasures they want. I'm trying to figure out a solution to this and getting rid of duplicates is not possible. We'll do something to help with treasures, just not sure what yet.

I think I know a very easy to patch and a pretty good solution (not the best, but we can't go for perfection so late after the games' release), the solution would be to put certain treasure sets in certain maps, so that people know which map they have to play to get the treasure, so for instance you make the first 3 treasures sets drop in airstrip, then the next 3 in chateau, another 3 sets in yemen, and so on (I don't know exactly how many treasure sets there are, but I think it would help a lot to split them up over different maps, compare it to coop adventure, you don't hear anyone complaining that those treasure sets are to hard to find, that's because players know in which map to play to get the treasure, if you do the same for coop arena, the problem isn't so big anymore, people will just play in a certain map to find the treasure they still need)

This is not possible.

ok, I'm not a game developer, but it seemed like such an easy solution to me, if you know how to make certain treasure sets drop on certain coop adventure maps, then it can't really be that hard to do the same in coop arena, right? if something like that is already impossible to do, then I start to understand why it actually takes this long to have a solution to the treasure drop rate problem, anyway, you don't have to explain it to me, I'll believe you, I'm just confused :smileyhappy:

Co-op Adventure treasures are not attached to a map, rather a particular NPC. All the npcs are the same in arena regardless of map, so this is just not possible.

ok, thanks for explaining! I forgot they were indeed attached to the NPC's...

so, I'm trying to find another solution here, if the drop rate according to you is already the same for each treasure, and you don't want to stop duplicated to be dropped (which is I think also impossible because each player must get the same treasure when an NPC drops one, and not all people have the same treasures collected), perhaps you can add something to the game, like a treasure hunter booster in coop? you have one in competitive, do you think that would work?

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 69 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Sep 6, 2013

Beelzebean wrote:
IF the treasure drops are attached to a particular npc then this at least explains why the drops are different in hunter as npcs don't drop the treasures there.

no, he meant that in coop adventure the treasures are attached to NPC's, remember for instance in Airport, Eddy, Lazarevic and Flynn drop a certain treasure, the treasures are attached to the NPC's, but in coop arena/hunter they just drop randomly, NPC's got nothing to do with it

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 69 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2406 posts

Sep 6, 2013

Icebound1 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

So Uncharted 3 has been stuck on 1.17 forever while The Last of Us has receieved three patches while us who play more with Uncharted have received nothing.

The next patchnotes should look like this:

- Returned G-MAL to Pre 1.13 settings

- M9 ROF reduced further

- hipfire totally nerfed. Uncharted 2 levels of accuracy were fine.

- People getting left behind in lobbies is no longer an issue - It's getting worse.

- Parties are no longer split when games start 5v3, it finds players to compensate this.

Co-op

- Rare treasures are dropped, all treasures have equal abilities of appearing.

- Difficulty toggle before matches to decide what difficulty you want and you will also find people who want the same difficulty

Other stuff:

Player count.

Getting removed, kicked, split should not count as a quit nor a loss. - This is extremely important for those on Free to play they can't earn wins but get countless losses.

I agree with your list, although I would like to see RoF completely removed from the game, or removed from Matchmaking completely. 

Oh and also fleet foot nerfed. 

Fleet Foot was already nerfed I think it's fine the way it is. 

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 69 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

Sep 6, 2013
Sorry, I didn't read it properly.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 69 (156 Views)
0 Likes