Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcoming Committee
13441 posts

Re: Mmkay. Support for one more patch.

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
You meant to say that treasures still not collected have higher rate of drops compared to collected treasures (thereby making dupes the rare treasures). Once all is collected or if none are collected, all treasures have the same drop rate.

Even if they made all treasures the same rate, rare treasures would still be hard to get.

Yeah they would still be hard, but I'm guessing if all had the same drop rate the chances of receiving a rare would increase. I've been stuck on 13 since January of 2012. Actually 12.. I had one last night.

One treasure in almost 2 years isn't right.

The drop thing is related to Arena though. The co-op Adventure ones actually have a structure and some sense to them. Even though the Doughnut Drake Hammer Boss should be easier, so should the hammer boss on London Underground.

The bomb guy on Borneo seems to be an issue too.

Message 31 of 69 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13441 posts

Sep 6, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

nationm04 wrote:
Actually, I find that once I finally find a treasure I need, it drops all the time after. A developer told me that all Arena/Hunter treasures have the same drop rate/rarity. And therefore, there is no such thing as a rare treasure in the modes. Even on rare treasure weekends, the only thing they can do in those modes is make treasures drop more often; since there aren't rare ones to have drop instead.

But seeing how so many people have such a hard time finding the same ones, it's hard to believe its coincidental. Therefore, assuming that the dev isn't intentionally lying, which I don't think he is, I'm guessing a couple treasures are glitched. And that's what causes them to actually end up appearing rare.

Looking at the actual treasure drop script, I can tell you that Arena/Hunter treasures all have the same drop rate. It's a very long list that is all random so there's a very good chance for people to be "unlucky" and have a hard time getting the treasures they want. I'm trying to figure out a solution to this and getting rid of duplicates is not possible. We'll do something to help with treasures, just not sure what yet.

Does this suggestion work?

How about a weekly thing where treasures are split into groups of 10 which are achievable throughout that week, others are unavailable at that time.

Obviously with a schedule to show users which ones are available throughout that week posted on the forum/calendar.

Message 32 of 69 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
393 posts

Sep 6, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

Looking at the actual treasure drop script, I can tell you that Arena/Hunter treasures all have the same drop rate. It's a very long list that is all random so there's a very good chance for people to be "unlucky" and have a hard time getting the treasures they want. I'm trying to figure out a solution to this and getting rid of duplicates is not possible. We'll do something to help with treasures, just not sure what yet.

I can tell you you're correct about treasure sets, but what we're talking about is individual treasures.  Using the Valuable Gold set as an example, the Gold Fibula Thogchag most certainly does not have the same drop rate as the Gold Dorje or Gold Conch Horn (to us, anyhow), and is therefore considered "rare."  The chances of Valuable Gold appearing *at all* appear to be equal with its counterparts, it's when the game picks a treasure from within the set that a problem arises.

Here's how rare treasures work from a player perspective:

• A rare treasure has extremely low odds of appearing in Arena or Shade Survival and never appears on Easy difficulty.  In Hunter, rares are fairly common drops.
  • The rare is always the last treasure on the list, i.e. the Copper Newari Figures in the Newari Figures set, the Gold Yuan Fish in the Pisces set, and the Ivory Strange Relic in the Odd Relics set.
  • All Arena/Hunter/Shade Survival sets have rares with the following exceptions: Lost Pendants and the Silver/Gold/Ivory Incan sets.  Those four sets play by Hunter rules on all modes and difficulties, including Easy.  Whether these sets are glitched isn't for me to decide (they may be the only four working correctly for all I know!).

The problem with rares is that the word extremely being bolded and italicized isn't me being dramatic.  In over a (couple?) thousand online Arena and Shade Survival games combined, you could name any rare treasure and I could count the number of times I've seen it on one hand.  In offline splitscreen Co-op, because I played so many Easy games, I only have Lost Pendants, the Incan sets, and the Priceless Gilt set completed; the latter set's rare treasure (Ruby Gilt Tara) was collected on a Normal difficulty Village Arena match after I had maxed the profile out to Legacy 5 Max Rank.

What's worse, the odds of rares appearing in Arena/Shade Survival are so low that rare treasure weekends do nothing to help.  In Hunter, the weekend odd increase works perfectly, but if you don't want to venture into that playlist, your rare collection will very likely increase by all of zilch.

(I hope this wasn't too long)

Oh, and I fully support one more patch if only to update the offline modes.  Since liveupdates don't alter LAN Party or offline splitscreen Co-op (they're stuck on 1.17.073 at the moment), it's currently impossible to use the themed DLC items in those modes (no Fireball Shirt, Moai Mask, Lion Head, etc.).

Message 33 of 69 (257 Views)
PlayStation MVP
18612 posts

Sep 6, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

nationm04 wrote:
Actually, I find that once I finally find a treasure I need, it drops all the time after. A developer told me that all Arena/Hunter treasures have the same drop rate/rarity. And therefore, there is no such thing as a rare treasure in the modes. Even on rare treasure weekends, the only thing they can do in those modes is make treasures drop more often; since there aren't rare ones to have drop instead.

But seeing how so many people have such a hard time finding the same ones, it's hard to believe its coincidental. Therefore, assuming that the dev isn't intentionally lying, which I don't think he is, I'm guessing a couple treasures are glitched. And that's what causes them to actually end up appearing rare.

I think I know what's going on with the Arena/Hunter fiasco with finding treasures.

In Arena, you are only able to find treasures off of killed enemies. In Hunter, you can find them off of killed human players AND treasure chests.

I can confirm that I was able to finish my Co-op treasures back before the Summer of 2012 because I played Hunter. What I think it happening is that the treasure chests are being more generous with the rarer treasures in certain sets. Finding a treasure off of a kill in Hunter is pretty rare, but the chests give them out quite often and sometimes are very rare treasures that people need to complete sets, such as Emerald Sanxingdui Stickeye Head, Tibetan Snuff Bottle, and other rare treasures.

The two things I would like answered are the following:

1. Can you take a look into the Hunter mode and inform us of how the treasure chests giving out treasures works? They seem to give much rarer treasures than kills do.
  2. If they do in fact give out rarer treasures (and I'm pretty positive that they do), would it be possible to implement treasures from chests into Co-op Arena? If both of these modes did this, the Co-op treasures wouldn't be so nightmarishly difficult to find.

I've played a lot of Co-op, so please check this out. The solution (in my mind) revolves around the treasure chests, not the treasures dropped from kills.

Message 34 of 69 (252 Views)
Survivor
2216 posts

Sep 6, 2013
@MacGruber310

Are you sure you looked in the right script? I once had a private server(nothing big) of a certain game and I remember some scripts had certain info that didn't matter at all other scripts contained the same info for all objects(treasure drops in this case) but that was the one that counted. It is a far off guess but I really don't think all treasures have an equal drop chance.

Signature02.png

Message 35 of 69 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
226 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

- All characters should be able to scream if they fall to their death.

As it is right now, only generic hero/villain voice #3 will scream every time they fall down to their death from any height. Other characters won't scream unless you jump off from certain areas in maps or at a certain height distance. It sucks not hearing everyone else's falling scream because they are HILARIOUS. I purposefully suicid on those areas where they're guaranteed to scream just to laugh. It's something so minimal and stupid to most people, but it's important to me because it's funny!

- Scoped In Gold should have ZERO PAIN WOBBLE

I get frustrated whenever I get pain wobble with Scoped In Gold, specifically with the sniper rifle. It shouldn't have any, PERIOD. You guys fixed Cloaked, now it's time to fixed this booster.

You already stated you're looking for a solution for Arena treasure drops, so I'll suggest adding treasure drops on the three medal pick up chests in addition to NPC's dropping them.

- PLEASE consider fixing the sticky aim assist when two or more players are in front of you while you are aiming your gun. The reticle goes crazy and doesn't know who it wants to aim at. It's a guaranteed death whenever that happens to me and I shouldn't have to fight against the reticle's sticky aim.

IF anthing at all possible, please try to find a way to reduce lag. Lately, it's been getting worse. I can't tolerate playing in the DLC pool because of this, and I've been noticing a slight increase in lag in the default pool.

- I know you guys won't add any penalties at this point, but it's REALLY annoying when parties will lobby quit whenever they face off another party or people with good stats. It's disgusting and a cowardly move. Please have a penalty system in place for the next game so this stuff doesn't happen.

Like I said in your "Uncharted 3 is getting new labs" thread, I'm happy you guys are still updating the game two years later. Really, I am. I love this MP and I wish you guys don't give up on it. No other MP gives me that itch like this one does! <3 it.

Message 36 of 69 (233 Views)
Last Guardian
11107 posts

Sep 6, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

What if we U3 players made a list of the rare treasures in co-op arena, is it possible to make them easier to drop?

I only need 3 treasures to get the trophy... :smileysad:

Message 37 of 69 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
553 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 6, 2013

IMO you are asking for too much but I agree about everything except the RoF being reduced further. It should just be removed entirely but if ND cannot do this, I would still be happy with a nerf.

About the other stuff.... I would just make it that you can only get a loss if you leave the game through start-> leave game and also by actually losing a match. People shouldn't be getting free loses because of lag outs or because the host XMB signouts for that 2 Kdr LOL.

One thing I would really like to get fixed is the Voting Starts in 1.... glitch that after 5-6 matches, your ps3 freezes before voting starts and you get a Free Loss. This bug used to NEVER happen pre-patch 1.17, and I hope ND can revert the game in some way so that this never happens (I NEVER encountered this bug when U3 was on update 1.15). 

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 38 of 69 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10076 posts

Sep 6, 2013

See, I told you dudes having the same rate doesn't make a difference. There's tons of treasures in co-op arena, and your chances of getting the specific treasure you want is 1/64 (LOL 1.56%. I am NOT kidding you have a literal TWO PERCENT CHANCE of getting that last treasure for the Cat Ears/Goggles/whatever item you wanted from co-op arena).

I guess it's impossible to make treasures you don't have drop more than treasures you have. I guess increasing the rare treasure rates compared to common treasure would help slightly.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 39 of 69 (217 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1095 posts

Sep 6, 2013
^Well the problem is, there aren't technically "rare" treasures in Arena, so therefore there's no way to increase chances of any particular one being dropped.

According to the statistics, if you're looking for one treasure in particular, chances are it will drop one time out of the next 64 treasure drops. But then it doesn't. 500 or so drops later, it still doesn't. I mean, it is possible that we keep having unlucky rolls of the dice, but who knows.
Message 40 of 69 (209 Views)
0 Likes