Fender Bender
2856 posts

Re: Mmkay. Support for one more patch.

Sep 7, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

The treasure drop algorithym should be dropped altogether. We could make the missions more important by making players complete missions to get items. For example: Get 3 Head Crackers in one Co-op game and you will receive Marlowe's Head Wrap.

This means that players will be more interested and determined to get the treasures unlike most people nowadays who don't want to play co-op on the slight chance they might receive the one treasure out of hundreds that they need. Therefore, more people will play, people will succeed when they get what they want, people will be happy, and people will want to buy DLC because they're happy. It's a win-win. Naughty Dog is apparently always wanting money for DLC so if they put in the mission system, they could get money and we can be happy.

Seriously, people like CaptainProduce67 who has been playing co-op arena for ages, has almost 1000 completions on each difficulty and has over 200,000 NPC kills still doesn't have all the co-op treasures. That is ridiculous. That just further proves that we need the Mission System.

exactly, although the missions should be harder than just 3 head crackers in a coop match, but I agree that we should use challenges to unlock items Smiley Happy

Message 51 of 69 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Sep 7, 2013

StardustSpeedway wrote:

- I know you guys won't add any penalties at this point, but it's REALLY annoying when parties will lobby quit whenever they face off another party or people with good stats. It's disgusting and a cowardly move. Please have a penalty system in place for the next game so this stuff doesn't happen.

indeed, we need penalties back, Uncharted 2 was so much more fun, now we just start playing against 5 players, and finish against 5 other players, that's not funny, we need the time penalty back, we need the cash penalty back, and in addition to that you need to count kills and deaths that the player had before he quitted and add those to the statistics, if that's not possible, just give him 5 deaths extra and a loss of course...

Message 52 of 69 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10203 posts

Sep 7, 2013
Loss penalties are the most reasonable. That way, if you gotta go, take the loss, RL isn't going to wait. Otherwise stay because every ragequit is a loss.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 53 of 69 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Sep 7, 2013

Let's be real here: the support for U3 is little to nothing now. I don't think there will be another patch, and with PS4 coming out U3 will be completely ignored. It was good while it lasted. 

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 54 of 69 (285 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Sep 7, 2013
They literally just released the biggest BMM ever, along with making a hat available to everyone for free. And one of their developers has been on the forum, following it and responding to concerns we have. As well as at least letting us know he's trying to come up with a solution. And entertaining our ideas, and explaining to us why they're dumb ones lol.

This is all within the past few days. For a two year old game, in which most fans have b*tched about the whole time, I think they're doing a pretty good job.

Even UC3 didn't totally kill UC2. The last time I played UC2's MP, a couple months ago, I was able to find a game right away in 3 different modes. I think UC4 will be the only thing that could really kill UC3. Or, if UC4 never happens, UC3 will eventually be forgotten when the PS3 is obsolete. Which won't happen directly after the launch of the PS4.
Message 55 of 69 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Sep 7, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

Let's be real here: the support for U3 is little to nothing now. I don't think there will be another patch, and with PS4 coming out U3 will be completely ignored. It was good while it lasted. 

PS4 coming out doesn't mean anything, PS4 won't bring ND any revenue till UC4 is out. UC3 & even TLOU but Mostly UC3 is still ND's cash cow & I think they realized this especially since TLOU MP isn't even as Popular as UC3 MP.

It's pretty obvious they are now trying to prolong the life of UC3 till atleast end of this year until they possibly announce UC4. 

Message 56 of 69 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Sep 7, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
They literally just released the biggest BMM ever, along with making a hat available to everyone for free. And one of their developers has been on the forum, following it and responding to concerns we have. As well as at least letting us know he's trying to come up with a solution. And entertaining our ideas, and explaining to us why they're dumb ones lol.

This is all within the past few days. For a two year old game, in which most fans have b*tched about the whole time, I think they're doing a pretty good job.

Even UC3 didn't totally kill UC2. The last time I played UC2's MP, a couple months ago, I was able to find a game right away in 3 different modes. I think UC4 will be the only thing that could really kill UC3. Or, if UC4 never happens, UC3 will eventually be forgotten when the PS3 is obsolete. Which won't happen directly after the launch of the PS4.

I think people meant with 'it killed UC2', that Naughty Dog ignored UC2 when UC3 came out, which is true, ND promised a hammer lab and triple cash for UC2, but it never saw the light of day, and indeed UC2 is not dead, that's because UC2 is better than UC3 (except for the low health, seriously, I wish patch 1.05 never excisted, it broke the game for me Smiley Sad )

anyway, it's great that they are now giving UC3 more attention, I like it that MacGruber (not sure if I spelled that correctly) is here to talk to us about some updates we want for UC3, and I like a new BMM (although I can't play it right now, hope it stays for a while), and I don't give a **bleep** about that stat hat Smiley Tongue

Message 57 of 69 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2760 posts

Sep 7, 2013

Didn't PSN get hacked the week before the Hammer Lab was suppose to go live or I got it wrong?

Message 58 of 69 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Sep 7, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Didn't PSN get hacked the week before the Hammer Lab was suppose to go live or I got it wrong?

could be, but even if it was, that's not a valid reason for Naughty Dog to just remove it if you ask me...

Message 59 of 69 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13841 posts

Sep 7, 2013

Solid---Steak wrote:

With Uncharted 3 having a F2P model and the PS4 supporting F2P.

Expect Uncharted 3, Dust and other PS3 F2P titles to be on PS4.

Message 60 of 69 (200 Views)
0 Likes