Keyblade Wielder
6887 posts

Re: More Melee Kills than Kills with Guns

Mar 12, 2013

I don't even shoot my guns anymore, I just punch.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 11 of 21 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2389 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2013
The stats page counts Co-op too, I myself prefer using melee on the weaker enemies to save ammo for the kickback bosses. But seeing how this game was on release, and how it is now, the results probably won't be much different with or without Co-op statistics.

Best to count the medals for Fisticufts, Commando, and Gunslinger. And also Spray and Pay if you were wondering about blindfire.
Pepsi
Message 12 of 21 (339 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 12, 2013

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

far-zan wrote:

I was looking at the global stats earlier today and something caught my eye. According to the current stat page 55% of kills are from melees. 

There are less kills from every gun combined than there are with melees. Isn't this supposed to be a shooting game? 

I only melee on a rare occasion. I am a player who actually cares about K/D (Hate all you want, I am a TDM fanatic) and melee is not a good way to keep up K/D. I use guns, specifically my trusty AK. I wish everyone felt that way about melee. Smiley Sad

If you play HC long enough, your only tactics are aiming and blindfiring. Meleeing in HC? God, no.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 13 of 21 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

far-zan wrote:

I was looking at the global stats earlier today and something caught my eye. According to the current stat page 55% of kills are from melees. 

There are less kills from every gun combined than there are with melees. Isn't this supposed to be a shooting game? 

I only melee on a rare occasion. I am a player who actually cares about K/D (Hate all you want, I am a TDM fanatic) and melee is not a good way to keep up K/D. I use guns, specifically my trusty AK. I wish everyone felt that way about melee. Smiley Sad

If you play HC long enough, your only tactics are aiming and blindfiring. Meleeing in HC? God, no.

That reminds me of the time I ran into some friends in HC... We decided before the match that no guns were to be used ...

Took ages to kill each other, the match timed out before 50 kills.

Good days...

Message 14 of 21 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Mar 13, 2013

PeteX19 wrote:

This game wasn't designed to be a shooter. It's that simple. 

This game wasn't even designed to be a game, it's a lottery...

Message 15 of 21 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
555 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2013

Wait... You CAN shoot those things on your hands!? Smiley LOL

I like cats :3

Message 16 of 21 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 13, 2013
^ well yeah. Now, this "aiming"... Can you explain this to me?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 17 of 21 (219 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1118 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
^ well yeah. Now, this "aiming"... Can you explain this to me?

It's very rare and hard to "find". There are rumors that Cogburn cought one of the last existing specimen and locked it away somewhere. Hardly anyone knows where the other existing ones are. Most people have forgotten about them completely... but they have been given a new and even more powerful "thing" that makes "aiming" obsolete anyway Smiley Tongue

Message 18 of 21 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1473 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 13, 2013

There was a dark occult organization who has known the secrets of aiming. The head of them was Pinkerton, Wetsuit Elena was his secretary and Rika Raja was their bodyguard, or so they say... The people who where members of this where just known as the "Heists". Some of these members went to UC3 but they lost the ways of aiming by being brainwashed after leaving the organization. Some of them are missing because legends tell they where sucked into another parallel universe known as the summer beta because there ideals didn't fit into the current world known as UC3.

------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 19 of 21 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Mar 13, 2013
Well.. Having played Uncharted 2 multiplayer and enjoyed it, I can confidently say that U3 multiplayer is utter garbage. It feels more like Call of Duty than anything. Not a level playing field anymore.
Message 20 of 21 (178 Views)
0 Likes