Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Re: Most Hated Map

Dec 26, 2013
^^^ I agree. I actually love plaza cause it's where I got my first 5 not alive :smileyhappy:
Join my clan TAGC. I play black ops 2, uncharted 3 and FIFA 13.
Message 31 of 68 (352 Views)
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Dec 26, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

There are only three maps I really loathe.

London Streets, Plaza and Oasis.

I'll tolerate Oasis though while the other two are just a mess.

I don't like a few others but... Eh.. It's only personal. The three I mentioned just feel very poorly designed and optimized for Uncharted 3.

Some of the Block Mesh maps are worse than the 3 standard maps I mentioned but... I wont count them, they are really limited to one mode while the others are mostly unavoidable.

what's wrong with Plaza? 

I think It's a decent 'Arena' type map.

It's just loads of wide open spaces. run out to kill some people and you get shot at from every angle on the map. The first spawns are the best places on the map meaning you move about 10 yards and sit around all match if you don't want to die often in the match.

Not forgetting there are about 7 camp spots where you can pick off respawning enemies.

The wide open spaces is what set the map apart IMO. I think what ruins the map is the bright Hue color. It was a perfect night map in UC2. ND didn't put much thought into repackaging UC2 maps for UC3 & simple aesthetics ruined certain maps. But I must say I guess i've been lucky never experienced spawn killing & I tend to do great on this map in TDM & TO... I hate it for plunder though to dang spacious. 

I think the dreary rainy yet sunny atmosphere from UC2 village should have been applied to Plaza in UC3 instead of the bright sunset they chose to go with it. 

Message 32 of 68 (347 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13522 posts

Dec 27, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I don't like a few others but... Eh.. It's only personal. The three I mentioned just feel very poorly designed and optimized for Uncharted 3.

Some of the Block Mesh maps are worse than the 3 standard maps I mentioned but... I wont count them, they are really limited to one mode while the others are mostly unavoidable.

what's wrong with Plaza? 

It's just loads of wide open spaces. run out to kill some people and you get shot at from every angle on the map. The first spawns are the best places on the map meaning you move about 10 yards and sit around all match if you don't want to die often in the match.

Not forgetting there are about 7 camp spots where you can pick off respawning enemies.

The wide open spaces is what set the map apart IMO. I think what ruins the map is the bright Hue color. It was a perfect night map in UC2. ND didn't put much thought into repackaging UC2 maps for UC3 & simple aesthetics ruined certain maps. But I must say I guess i've been lucky never experienced spawn killing & I tend to do great on this map in TDM & TO... I hate it for plunder though to dang spacious. 

I think the dreary rainy yet sunny atmosphere from UC2 village should have been applied to Plaza in UC3 instead of the bright sunset they chose to go with it. 

If I'm playing against good players I like to exploit the spawn system. I admit that. That's kinda why i worked out where I can have cover and kill fresh spawns.

I know I say it a lot. But sprint is a major factor in why the map doesn't work for me. I didn't hate it in Uncharted 2. But the spawn issues were still there. Plus without sprint it was a little harder to just rush to those areas to take down the fresh spawns.

Sprint also contributes to the nature of being shot at from every angle, most people have the natural reaction to sprinting to where the action zones are which results in most of the players being shot at.

It also has this effect on some areas of Village.

The sprint concept really doesn't work on some of the maps and ends up being the games worst enemy.

It's actually okay on Sanctuary and Temple though.

Cave not so much but Cave isn't okay even without being able to sprint the hipfire friendly nature really kills that map. But I actually don't even hate The Cave... You can just not even take it seriously and just run at people like mad. It's okay for a laugh.

Message 33 of 68 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Dec 27, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

what's wrong with Plaza? 

If I'm playing against good players I like to exploit the spawn system. I admit that. That's kinda why i worked out where I can have cover and kill fresh spawns.

I know I say it a lot. But sprint is a major factor in why the map doesn't work for me. I didn't hate it in Uncharted 2. But the spawn issues were still there. Plus without sprint it was a little harder to just rush to those areas to take down the fresh spawns.

Sprint also contributes to the nature of being shot at from every angle, most people have the natural reaction to sprinting to where the action zones are which results in most of the players being shot at.

It also has this effect on some areas of Village.

The sprint concept really doesn't work on some of the maps and ends up being the games worst enemy.

It's actually okay on Sanctuary and Temple though.

Cave not so much but Cave isn't okay even without being able to sprint the hipfire friendly nature really kills that map. But I actually don't even hate The Cave... You can just not even take it seriously and just run at people like mad. It's okay for a laugh.

Okay that make sense because i've never seen spawn killing on this map except for that stupid glitch where you randomly die from a grenade once you respawn. But the spawn systen can be exploited on almost every map unfortunately.

I feel the complete opposite Plaza was the only map in UC2 I would Bunny Hop on non-stop was too big & I feel sprint compliments the map because normally the action is so spaced out because of the size & the layout of the map, I actually hope ND, makes more Arena type maps like it for UC4.

Cave is just not suited for UC3 outside of Team Objective & 3TDM. 

Message 34 of 68 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Dec 27, 2013
I hate Desert Village. Sandstorms? Really? You're blinded worse there than you are in Syria. Unbelievable.

BMM Dodgeball, too. Dodgeball has been out for quite some time already man. Play the other freaking map. You sports freaking junkie. You should have had enough dodgeball in gym class, you lunatic.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 35 of 68 (302 Views)
Survivor
2677 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2013

The poor spawns on maps was an issue in UC2 and it got even worse in some UC3 maps. Hopefully ND will have learned to actually plan out locations better for spawns in the future - remember when the spawn killing in syria with the T-bolt was at its hight.

I agree that sprint makes some maps play worse - it is definitely the case with Village, but for me the annoying thing about Plaza and other maps is the power weapon kickbacks - thats why i feel im getting T-bolted from all angles, without the power weapon kickbacks it would play a lot better imo. i actually think the buddy spawning also contributes since they thend to spawn on the buddy in the middle of action and hence keep the action heavily focused in one area rather than spreading it out more if they spawned at the bases. Wouldnt hurt to make sprint more like it was in the beta though.

Sanctuary is actually one of the maps i think plays a lot worse in UC3 compared to UC2 (its probably my favourite UC2 map along with Plaza)

Cave... Cave is just a bad map what ever way you look at it... just awful design, temple is also bad imo.

Message 36 of 68 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Dec 27, 2013

Blennerville wrote:

The poor spawns on maps was an issue in UC2 and it got even worse in some UC3 maps. Hopefully ND will have learned to actually plan out locations better for spawns in the future - remember when the spawn killing in syria with the T-bolt was at its hight.

I agree that sprint makes some maps play worse - it is definitely the case with Village, but for me the annoying thing about Plaza and other maps is the power weapon kickbacks - thats why i feel im getting T-bolted from all angles, without the power weapon kickbacks it would play a lot better imo. i actually think the buddy spawning also contributes since they thend to spawn on the buddy in the middle of action and hence keep the action heavily focused in one area rather than spreading it out more if they spawned at the bases. Wouldnt hurt to make sprint more like it was in the beta though.

Sanctuary is actually one of the maps i think plays a lot worse in UC3 compared to UC2 (its probably my favourite UC2 map along with Plaza)

Cave... Cave is just a bad map what ever way you look at it... just awful design, temple is also bad imo.

Yes I hate the spawns in UC2 , I Once spawn killed an entire team on Fort just for tge fun of it. 

Spawn killing is still a prob on Syria though I hate that map, I don't know why they made it a night map & they didn't even try to change up the aesthetics from the SP except for adding some dead ends, so lazy on ND's part. 

I always try to run to the T-Bolt on Plaza then I run to where the PAK is & waste all 5 Ammo :smileyvery-happy: 

I hate Sanctuary in UC3 as well for every mode, it's not even fun for Co-op & the clunky climbing mechanics just adds to the problem, least there's not a T-Bolt on the map, so that's a plus? lol

I liked Cave in UC2 though, I enjoy TO on it as well.

Message 37 of 68 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2677 posts

Dec 27, 2013
its the kickback T-bolts that anoy me cuz people could just be on a random part of the map and you wouldnt expect them to have a T-bolt but your dead before you know it.
The T-bolt on the map isnt really an issue for me cuz they always tend to stay in the truck or else go to the upper levels of those 3 buildings when they pick it up so I know to expect it.

Another issue with the kickbacks is that everyone gets them active around the same time so the game becomes nothing but power weapon spamming, especially bad at around 30+ kills.

Scanturary - its not thats it that bad, i still vote for it over a lot of the maps when it comes up, its just that it is no where near as good as it played in UC2. The lighting is also something i hate about it (dark lighting with a green tint and lots of shade).

The T-bolt is located where the ziplines end (same place as dragon was).
Message 38 of 68 (283 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 27, 2013

I hate dodgeball, but I only play it  for lvl up Regen, Explosive expert and Explosive shell.

But for the other maps, ill say Syria, Desert village and Highrise

Message 39 of 68 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Dec 27, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

Okay that make sense because i've never seen spawn killing on this map except for that stupid glitch where you randomly die from a grenade once you respawn. 

If you set a BBQ tank on one of the spawns by the hammer, and go to the balcony near the t-bolt spawn, you can get an easy BBQ kill waiting 15-20 seconds. :smileywink:

The spawns can still be exploited, but at least, Plaza isn't like UC2 Plaza, or Syria.

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s :smileyhappy:
Message 40 of 68 (357 Views)
0 Likes