Nov 02 2013
By: egyptian_camel98 Lombax Warrior 105 posts

Move Team Safe Back to Slot 2

[ Edited ]
35 replies 938 views Edited Nov 6, 2013

I'd like to thank Naughty Dog for putting in patch 1.18 to fix the major problems UC3 has had for the past few years.

Almost everything you did in this patch made UC3 a much more better game. All except moving Team Safe to slot 1 for barely anyone to use.

After playing a few matches over the past 3 days, I realized that I am dependent on Team Safe & I have adapted to having it as my permanent slot 2 booster. Even my Troll loadout with my Kal-7, Quick Boom & Weapon Expert had Team Safe as slot 2.

I've had it on for so long that when I got knocked down and killed the first time in Dry Docks, it felt unnatural. I felt annoyed that someone was shooting at me & I couldn't do anything about it because I was knocked down.

Over the past few days, many of my deaths were because I got knocked down, I also killed a lot of my teammates unintentionally. The worst case was when I ended a teammates kills streak (13-0) and received messages because of it. I was usually the one who'd always get killed by the teammates grenades, now it feels weird to be on the other side.

Before 1.18 came, the majority of players would either have Bargain or Team Safe equipped as their slot 2 booster. Now with both of them gone, Slot 2 is considered useless for some people. I've been playing around with my second slot booster trying to see if something is good enough, and there are some decent ones but most are completely useless for a player like me.

* Daredevil - A good booster for someone who likes to use one gun only, Daredevil is useless for people who pick up another gun after they ran out of ammo.

* Treasure Hunter/Deposit - Useless for people that have been playing the game for more than a year

* Back In The Saddle - Useful for OBJ & Plunder but still was less important than Team Safe (IMO), Useless in TDM

* Revenge - I won't even go into detail about this...

The Moved Boosters:

* Beast Mode - Great booster for Plunder players, in fact now they can use the Fleet Foot/Beast Mode combo if they want. Only downside is that it's less important in OBJ and useless in TDM.

* Explosive Expert - Would of been better if you started with two grenades like UC2, and not have to pick them up.

* Explosive Shell Expert - Way too overpowered when combined with RPG/Hammer Kickback & Bargain in a map like Chateau. 

The only decent boosters for a player like me, who is a Level 75 & mostly playing TDM is between Monkey Man, Regeneration or Power Hunter. So far I have experimented with all of them and none of them gave me the same help that Team Safe did.

Sometimes its not about being knockdown, but killing a teammate. When ever I got team killed, I'd always get annoyed. But the last time I got team killed, I felt something different. I didn't have the same feeling because I realized that I was no different from the teammates who killed me in the past.

I'm not willing to give up Fleet Foot or Cloaked for Team Safe. They are far more helpful against the many experienced/skilled players I run into. Team Safe would always be a good bonus against them as well, It saved me many times in situations that I should of died in.

I ask that you please return Team Safe to slot 2.

I love this game and if Team Safe is returned to slot 2, among the many other Team Safe users, we will enjoy this game a lot more than we do now. It's Team Safe, Sprint & the better spawns which made me enjoy and play UC3's multiplayer more than UC2's.

Smiley Happy

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 36 (938 Views)
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Re: Move Team Safe Back to Slot 2

Nov 2, 2013

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

I'd like to thank Naughty Dog for putting in patch 1.18 to fix the major problems UC3 has had for the past few years.

Almost everything you did in this patch made UC3 a much more better game. All except moving Team Safe to slot 1 for barely anyone to use.

After playing a few matches over the past 3 days, I realized that I am dependent on Team Safe & I have adapted to having it as my permanent slot 2 booster. Even my Troll loadout with my Kal-7, Quick Boom & Weapon Expert had Team Safe as slot 2.

I've had it on for so long that when I got knocked down and killed the first time in Dry Docks, it felt unnatural. I felt annoyed that someone was shooting at me & I couldn't do anything about it because I was knocked down.

Over the past few days, many of my deaths were because I got knocked down, I also killed a lot of my teammates unintentionally. The worst case was when I ended a teammates kills streak (13-0) and received messages because of it. I was usually the one who'd always get killed by the teammates grenades, now it feels weird to be on the other side.

Before 1.18 came, the majority of players would either have Bargain or Team Safe equipped as their slot 2 booster. Now with both of them gone, Slot 2 is considered useless for some people. I've been playing around with my second slot booster trying to see if something is good enough, and there are some decent ones but most are completely useless for a player like me.

* Daredevil - A good booster for someone who likes to use one gun only, Daredevil is useless for people who pick up another gun after they ran out of ammo.

* Kickback Endurance - Only good for players who use timed kickbacks, the only one that was popular was Quick Boom, but it's not worth it now that it costs 12 medals & lasts 12 seconds only.

* Treasure Hunter/Deposit - Useless for people that have been playing the game for more than a year

* Back In The Saddle - Useful for OBJ & Plunder but still was less important than Team Safe (IMO), Useless in TDM

* Ammo Award - Same reason as Daredevil

The Moved Boosters:

* Beast Mode - Great booster for Plunder players, in fact now they can use the Fleet Foot/Beast Mode combo if they want. Only downside is that it's less important in OBJ and useless in TDM.

* Explosive Expert - Would of been better if you started with two grenades like UC2, and not have to pick them up.

* Explosive Shell Expert - Way too overpowered when combined with RPG/Hammer Kickback & Bargain in a map like Chateau. 

The only decent boosters for a player like me, who is a Level 75 & mostly playing TDM is between Monkey Man, Regeneration or Power Hunter. So far I have experimented with all of them and none of them gave me the same help that Team Safe did.

Sometimes its not about being knockdown, but killing a teammate. When ever I got team killed, I'd always get annoyed. But the last time I got team killed, I felt something different. I didn't have the same feeling because I realized that I was no different from the teammates who killed me in the past.

I'm not willing to give up Fleet Foot or Cloaked for Team Safe. They are far more helpful against the many experienced/skilled players I run into. Team Safe would always be a good bonus against them as well, It saved me many times in situations that I should of died in.

I love this game and if Team Safe is returned to slot 2, among the many other Team Safe users, we will enjoy this game a lot more than we do now. It's Team Safe, Sprint & the better spawns which made me enjoy and play UC3's multiplayer more than UC2's.

Smiley Happy

"I'm not willing to give up Fleet Foot or Cloaked for Team Safe."

This, in my opinion, is the reason why Naughty Dog moved Team Safe to slot one in the first place. I like this change; it gives more of a reason to use other boosters in slot 1. They shouldn't move it back, especially if the only reason is because people don't want to give up Fleet Foot or Cloaked.

Message 2 of 36 (914 Views)
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Nov 2, 2013
Kickback Endurance and Ammo Award were moved to Slot 1 too, both are far to underpowered to be decent Slot 1 boosters, and hardly anyone used them in Slot 2 either.

Moving Team Safe to Slot 1 doesn't stop people from using Fleet Foot or Cloaked, it makes them use them with Regeneration or Explosive Shell Expert, which is FAR worse. Who ever thought this up didn't think it out properly.

Explosive Expert and Bargain were good moves though, well, until they took away Bargain gold.
Pepsi
Message 3 of 36 (903 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 2, 2013

SjShane wrote:
Kickback Endurance and Ammo Award were moved to Slot 1 too, both are far to underpowered to be decent Slot 1 boosters, and hardly anyone used them in Slot 2 either.

Moving Team Safe to Slot 1 doesn't stop people from using Fleet Foot or Cloaked, it makes them use them with Regeneration or Explosive Shell Expert, which is FAR worse. Who ever thought this up didn't think it out properly.

Explosive Expert and Bargain were good moves though, well, until they took away Bargain gold.

They had to nerf Bargain, since you know. Stackers aren't going to admit to it.

I don't see why only Bargain is nerfed on this alternate method of dealing with stacker loadouts. Isn't there more than one booster moved?

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 4 of 36 (897 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3423 posts

Nov 2, 2013

mario507 wrote:

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

* Kickback Endurance - Only good for players who use timed kickbacks, the only one that was popular was Quick Boom, but it's not worth it now that it costs 12 medals & lasts 12 seconds only.

* Ammo Award - Same reason as Daredevil

The Moved Boosters:

Smiley Happy

"I'm not willing to give up Fleet Foot or Cloaked for Team Safe."

This, in my opinion, is the reason why Naughty Dog moved Team Safe to slot one in the first place. I like this change; it gives more of a reason to use other boosters in slot 1. They shouldn't move it back, especially if the only reason is because people don't want to give up Fleet Foot or Cloaked.

Except no one is going to try other boosters they will still stick to FF/Cloaked or they simply Use Team Safe & Try to find a decent booster in slot 2 to combine it with.

The boosters were perfect except Revenge. Having Team Safe in slot 2 was a good thing it's a very Team oriented booster being able to aid team mates with explosives without killing them was a huge reason why I use it, while still having the option to use a booster that suits my preferred style of play. FF & Cloaked are tactical boosters they should never have to compete with an defensive booster makes absolutely no sense. To simply disrupt the balance of the loadout system with the very last patch is one the dumbest decisions they have made.

Message 5 of 36 (881 Views)
Sackboy
450 posts

Nov 2, 2013
^^
Agreed

When I was reading through the patch notes, it was like a fairy tale wish list of things that most people would change given the chance until you got to the booster changes when you just have to question why?

The way it was you had offensive boosters in slot 1 and defensive boosters in slot 2 and it was fine, I think a case could be made for moving revenge to slot one but that's it IMO. Most of these changes are plain retarded, ESE is the one that is really annoying me, I hated this booster anyway as it can get pretty frustrating being killed by hammers and RPGs too many times in one match, but in slot one you at least had to sacrifice something, whereas now there isn't really any reason not to use ESE.

And on top of all this, these changes that no one wanted cant be implemented properly causing another problem with stacking,

JUST CHANGE THE BOOSTERS BACK.

On a positive note I think hip fire is perfect now
If it was like this at launch I think the game would have evolved very differently.
Message 6 of 36 (865 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Nov 2, 2013

SjShane wrote:

________________________________________________________________________________________________

This^

2 player London Underground on crushing in 9m45s Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 36 (832 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3423 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2013
This was asked yesterday & this was Robert Cogburn's answer pertaining to the problem a clear indication they don't play this game & had no valid reason to make such a silly change.
Question: "I just wanted to say thank you for getting me back into games. I've always loved games since NES. I bought a ps3 because of Uncharted 3's release and played countless hours on my friends Uncharted 2, you guys are the best, and you're in control of the best multiplayer experience there is- if I could ask one thing to have answered right now it would be, what's the detailed motivation behind switching load out booster slots?"
Answer: "Man... overall we felt the distribution of boosters before hand didn't offer a weighty enough choice. There were also a few combinations a bit powerful - Bargain with Explosive Expert is one that comes to mind."
Now as you can see his reasoning makes no sense as all he did was move Bargain to slot 1 & ESE to slot 2 which basically changed nothing lol.

Message 8 of 36 (822 Views)
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Nov 2, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:
This was asked yesterday & this was Robert Cogburn's answer pertaining to the problem a clear indication they don't play this game & had no valid reason to make such a silly change.
Question: "I just wanted to say thank you for getting me back into games. I've always loved games since NES. I bought a ps3 because of Uncharted 3's release and played countless hours on my friends Uncharted 2, you guys are the best, and you're in control of the best multiplayer experience there is- if I could ask one thing to have answered right now it would be, what's the detailed motivation behind switching load out booster slots?"
Answer: "Man... overall we felt the distribution of boosters before hand didn't offer a weighty enough choice. There were also a few combinations a bit powerful - Bargain with Explosive Expert is one that comes to mind."
Now as you can see his reasoning makes no sense as he all he did was move Bargan to slot 1 & ESE to slot 2 which basically changed nothing lol.

1. ESE =/= explosive expert.
2. Explosive Expert was useful? How?

Do you feel me?

Message 9 of 36 (818 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3423 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2013

duke_of_platypus wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:
Now as you can see his reasoning makes no sense as he all he did was move Bargan to slot 1 & ESE to slot 2 which basically changed nothing lol.

1. ESE =/= explosive expert.
2. Explosive Expert was useful? How?

1 - know he didn't mention ESE, I simply pointed out how he moved Bargain to slot 1 & ESE thus not changing much since i've seen people abusing the combo especially after the QB nerf.

2- It was useful with QB

Message 10 of 36 (815 Views)
0 Likes