Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Re: Move Team Safe Back to Slot 2

Nov 2, 2013

mario507 wrote:

egyptian_camel98 wrote:

I'd like to thank Naughty Dog for putting in patch 1.18 to fix the major problems UC3 has had for the past few years.

Almost everything you did in this patch made UC3 a much more better game. All except moving Team Safe to slot 1 for barely anyone to use.

After playing a few matches over the past 3 days, I realized that I am dependent on Team Safe & I have adapted to having it as my permanent slot 2 booster. Even my Troll loadout with my Kal-7, Quick Boom & Weapon Expert had Team Safe as slot 2.

I've had it on for so long that when I got knocked down and killed the first time in Dry Docks, it felt unnatural. I felt annoyed that someone was shooting at me & I couldn't do anything about it because I was knocked down.

Over the past few days, many of my deaths were because I got knocked down, I also killed a lot of my teammates unintentionally. The worst case was when I ended a teammates kills streak (13-0) and received messages because of it. I was usually the one who'd always get killed by the teammates grenades, now it feels weird to be on the other side.

Before 1.18 came, the majority of players would either have Bargain or Team Safe equipped as their slot 2 booster. Now with both of them gone, Slot 2 is considered useless for some people. I've been playing around with my second slot booster trying to see if something is good enough, and there are some decent ones but most are completely useless for a player like me.

* Daredevil - A good booster for someone who likes to use one gun only, Daredevil is useless for people who pick up another gun after they ran out of ammo.

* Kickback Endurance - Only good for players who use timed kickbacks, the only one that was popular was Quick Boom, but it's not worth it now that it costs 12 medals & lasts 12 seconds only.

* Treasure Hunter/Deposit - Useless for people that have been playing the game for more than a year

* Back In The Saddle - Useful for OBJ & Plunder but still was less important than Team Safe (IMO), Useless in TDM

* Ammo Award - Same reason as Daredevil

* Revenge - I won't even go into detail about this...

The Moved Boosters:

* Beast Mode - Great booster for Plunder players, in fact now they can use the Fleet Foot/Beast Mode combo if they want. Only downside is that it's less important in OBJ and useless in TDM.

* Explosive Expert - Would of been better if you started with two grenades like UC2, and not have to pick them up.

* Explosive Shell Expert - Way too overpowered when combined with RPG/Hammer Kickback & Bargain in a map like Chateau. 

The only decent boosters for a player like me, who is a Level 75 & mostly playing TDM is between Monkey Man, Regeneration or Power Hunter. So far I have experimented with all of them and none of them gave me the same help that Team Safe did.

Sometimes its not about being knockdown, but killing a teammate. When ever I got team killed, I'd always get annoyed. But the last time I got team killed, I felt something different. I didn't have the same feeling because I realized that I was no different from the teammates who killed me in the past.

I'm not willing to give up Fleet Foot or Cloaked for Team Safe. They are far more helpful against the many experienced/skilled players I run into. Team Safe would always be a good bonus against them as well, It saved me many times in situations that I should of died in.

I ask that you please return Team Safe to slot 2.

I love this game and if Team Safe is returned to slot 2, among the many other Team Safe users, we will enjoy this game a lot more than we do now. It's Team Safe, Sprint & the better spawns which made me enjoy and play UC3's multiplayer more than UC2's.

Smiley Happy

"I'm not willing to give up Fleet Foot or Cloaked for Team Safe."

This, in my opinion, is the reason why Naughty Dog moved Team Safe to slot one in the first place. I like this change; it gives more of a reason to use other boosters in slot 1. They shouldn't move it back, especially if the only reason is because people don't want to give up Fleet Foot or Cloaked.

Slot 1 has always been the offensive and tactical boosters while Slot 2 has always been the accompaniment to Slot 1. Slot 2 shouldn't move into Slot 1 and vice versa.

We don't all have the tolerance of being knocked down every time some moron throws a mega/cluster bomb or shoots a Hammer/RPG. Also, I don't see why they had to change it. It was perfect the way it was. While they fixed many things, they also made other things even worse.

Bang Bang!

Message 11 of 36 (373 Views)
Fender Bender
2190 posts

Nov 2, 2013
ESE = Explosive Shell Expert, the one that gives you more Hammer Shells and Rockets.

ND did say Explosive Expert though, which I suppose can be true if paired with Quick Boom, but you're still better off just using the paid booster and something more powerful.

Unless it was him getting confused and actually meaning Explosive Shell Expert, which is insanely over powered with Bargain.

Either way, what ever he meant, you can still use both these combos...
Pepsi
Message 12 of 36 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Nov 2, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:
This was asked yesterday & this was Robert Cogburn's answer pertaining to the problem a clear indication they don't play this game & had no valid reason to make such a silly change.
Question: "I just wanted to say thank you for getting me back into games. I've always loved games since NES. I bought a ps3 because of Uncharted 3's release and played countless hours on my friends Uncharted 2, you guys are the best, and you're in control of the best multiplayer experience there is- if I could ask one thing to have answered right now it would be, what's the detailed motivation behind switching load out booster slots?"
Answer: "Man... overall we felt the distribution of boosters before hand didn't offer a weighty enough choice. There were also a few combinations a bit powerful - Bargain with Explosive Expert is one that comes to mind."
Now as you can see his reasoning makes no sense as he all he did was move Bargan to slot 1 & ESE to slot 2 which basically changed nothing lol.

Naughty Dog have always had the bad habit of only fixing things as a veil to do something else.

"We're going to fix blindfire (but in the meantime, destroy all your booster loadouts)!!!"

Bang Bang!

Message 13 of 36 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2758 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2013

SjShane wrote:
ESE = Explosive Shell Expert, the one that gives you more Hammer Shells and Rockets.

ND did say Explosive Expert though, which I suppose can be true if paired with Quick Boom, but you're still better off just using the paid booster and something more powerful.

Unless it was him getting confused and actually meaning Explosive Shell Expert, which is insanely over powered with Bargain.

Either way, what ever he meant, you can still use both these combos...

*Face Palm*.

He didn't mention ESE, I was simply pointing out how they Simply created another OP combination by putting Bargain & Explosive Expert to slot 1 & putting ESE in slot showing that alot of thought wasn't put into it because anyone could see this becoming a prob.

Message 14 of 36 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2758 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:
This was asked yesterday & this was Robert Cogburn's answer pertaining to the problem a clear indication they don't play this game & had no valid reason to make such a silly change.
Question: "I just wanted to say thank you for getting me back into games. I've always loved games since NES. I bought a ps3 because of Uncharted 3's release and played countless hours on my friends Uncharted 2, you guys are the best, and you're in control of the best multiplayer experience there is- if I could ask one thing to have answered right now it would be, what's the detailed motivation behind switching load out booster slots?"
Answer: "Man... overall we felt the distribution of boosters before hand didn't offer a weighty enough choice. There were also a few combinations a bit powerful - Bargain with Explosive Expert is one that comes to mind."
Now as you can see his reasoning makes no sense as he all he did was move Bargan to slot 1 & ESE to slot 2 which basically changed nothing lol.

Naughty Dog have always had the bad habit of only fixing things as a veil to do something else.

"We're going to fix blindfire (but in the meantime, destroy all your booster loadouts)!!!"

It's not Only Naughty Dogs fault I still think whicher MVP(s) member suggested these changes should get demoted, so much for knowing about how to make a 'balanced' MP like they love to preach about.

Message 15 of 36 (364 Views)
Fender Bender
2190 posts

Nov 2, 2013
@wycliff_12 Sorry I was replying to duke about that, but I think he knew that anyway so I'm confused, maybe I should just read the reddit page and everything might make sense, haha.
Pepsi
Message 16 of 36 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2758 posts

Nov 2, 2013

SjShane wrote:
@wycliff_12 Sorry I was replying to duke about that, but I think he knew that anyway so I'm confused, maybe I should just read the reddit page and everything might make sense, haha.

Oh my bad I thought you were correcting me for mentioning ESE. Smiley Tongue

The Reddit interview was a bust nothing insightful about UC3 but take a look anyways.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1pprcr/hi_were_justin_richmond_game_director_and_robert/

Message 17 of 36 (358 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
684 posts

Nov 2, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

I don't normally post here anymore, but I felt the need to since I was watching the AMA yesterday. 

DooDooDaggers had originally started the thread this was brought up in and I think it was a follow up question to Cogburn's answer where he says Bargain with Explosive Expert. If you go to the AMA page, you will also see RyanRGR mention that the booster combination is still very much possible, with a reply from Cogburn of "Fixed!"  This is because originally, he had Explosive Shell Expert instead of Explosive Expert which made sense but because that booster combination with the RPG/ Hammer kickback is pretty crazy. However, they still let both the combinations mentioned happen, it just shows the lack of thought for this whole decision and quite frankly, rather disappointing. 

Unfortunately, I don't have a screen cap of this but I have a few friends who I was talking to at the time who could back me up on this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePattyCakeChamp
Message 18 of 36 (340 Views)
Fender Bender
2190 posts

Nov 2, 2013
@wycliff_12 Heh, yeah, not many answers to the decent questions, and lots of non-answers too.

That said, good to know they had made a Borneo map for Uncharted 2, it makes makes so much more sense now. If you remember the avatars for the skins you could select, they used the background from maps... Many of them used a Borneo background which was really strange. They clearly have tried to bring the map back many times though, DLC avatars also used this background, and in the Uncharted 3 Summer Beta someone went into the text files and found two pictures of Borneo maps, one was the adventure map, the other was a daylight Borneo with a frame that all the competitive maps had.

Another mystery solved I guess, shame no one will ever get to see it though.
Pepsi
Message 19 of 36 (333 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2013

Was warned to edit. Tear.

Message 20 of 36 (314 Views)