Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Re: Multiplayer character freeze and disconnected chord symbol

Jul 22, 2013

You don't need to reiterate your entire first post, as I said I wasn't the only person who froze in those games where I got White plug lol. And user Experience varies in UC3 so you speaking from actual knowledge of P2P means nothing because i'm fully aware of how P2P gaming works.

And my average connection is between 35 - 40 MB/s for download & 8 mb/s upload & I've been removed or disconnected countless times, i've seen the white plug many times & I know the problem isn't on my end. I've been removed from games even when no one had quit, i'm in a party yet I'm removed yet none of my friends weren't & vice versa

Message 11 of 15 (286 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 22, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
^White plug can happen even if you're Internet is 100% up to par and working perfectly. Other players can cause the white plug to happen for you.

I've never seen the white plug in Competitive games, even when I'm playing against laggers. I've seen it a couple of times in Co-op (even customs), though.

The only way to see it in Competitive is to use uTorrent...

Regarding host selection, if you play in a party of 5, then it will be your party leader (most of the time).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 12 of 15 (270 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 22, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

nationm04 wrote:
^White plug can happen even if you're Internet is 100% up to par and working perfectly. Other players can cause the white plug to happen for you.

I've never seen the white plug in Competitive games, even when I'm playing against laggers. I've seen it a couple of times in Co-op (even customs), though.

The only way to see it in Competitive is to use uTorrent...

Regarding host selection, if you play in a party of 5, then it will be your party leader (most of the time).

I've seen it in Comp quite a few times. 

Message 13 of 15 (261 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Jul 22, 2013
^Yeah I've seen it in comp modes plenty of times. And this was while using just about the fastest residential Internet available in the US.

I understand how P2P works. I've been using P2P programs for over a decade in all sorts of forms. Even with one host, you have to take other things into account. Even if you're only communicating with one other peer, they're communicating with X amount of people themselves. If the server you're communicating with gets effected, you can see some of those effects.

Aside from that, there's all sorts of other variables.
Message 14 of 15 (248 Views)
Survivor
2678 posts

Jul 22, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

You don't need to reiterate your entire first post, as I said I wasn't the only person who froze in those games where I got White plug lol. And user Experience varies in UC3 so you speaking from actual knowledge of P2P means nothing because i'm fully aware of how P2P gaming works.

And my average connection is between 35 - 40 MB/s for download & 8 mb/s upload & I've been removed or disconnected countless times, i've seen the white plug many times & I know the problem isn't on my end. I've been removed from games even when no one had quit, i'm in a party yet I'm removed yet none of my friends weren't & vice versa

since you know how P2P gaming works, you know that unless you are the host of the game, your network only communicates with one peer......the host who is acting as the server.  I'm sure others out there don't know that, which is why I clarified your post so everybody knows that when you get a white plug there are only two possibilities.  your connection is subpar or the host's connection is subpar.  since you already knew how P2P gaming works and that you do not connect directly with any of the other 8 players in the game, a good reply would have been simply, "hey evil, thanks for clarifying that last part for me about the host.  totally forgot to mention that.  thanks for sharing the info with the rest of the forum who aren't in the know".

......and nobody ever knows "for sure" that their connection isn't the problem.   we all connect to the internet via an ISP that we have no control over.   If my ISP decides to have fits while I'm playing, how do I know?  If I run a speed test before I sign on and get great numbers....then run one an hour later and get great numbers.....there's no way for me to know when my ISP decides to have a fit giving me a 1000ms ping time at a totally random interval like every 14 minutes.   Unless you are literally running a test every single second you are online, you never know for sure what your ISP is doing to your connection. 

hell, even in the year 2013 we have idiots with great/stable connections screwing their connections up because they're trying to play wirelessly not knowing that every single electronic device in their home is causing interference as their PS3 tries to pull in packets of data out of thin air.  the interference, of course, causing some to be lost in the ether.  that's on top of how many packets are lost simply due to the router sending packets into thin air before interference even enters the equation.   They then come to the forum to complain that Naughty Dog is some how responsible for their lost packets.   I know this isn't you, you seem smart enough to know never to play wirelessly, just giving another example of how people never know "for sure" that it's not their fault (or their ISP's fault).

Message 15 of 15 (233 Views)