Uncharted Territory
1687 posts

It is actually a bit odd.

Apr 19, 2011

BearInBlue wrote:

From the lighting on the wall and outside in this picture it seems to me bright enough. From what I've seen in the other pictures it doesn't look like a completely sunny day out.

It is actually a bit odd.

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - DarkShadow345
Message 11 of 14 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

it's not a question of brightness - its a question of vib...

Apr 19, 2011

it's not a question of brightness - its a question of vibrancy and colour placement/design.  you can turn up the brightness on any image and make it 'bright', that wasn't what I was pointing out.  don't confuse brightness with saturation - they are very different things -have a play in Photoshop and you'll see what I mean.

DarkShadow345 wrote:

That's what I'm trying to say. :smileyhappy:

oh completely - I was merely responding to the OP and saying I don't think it's the graphics engine rather the design work done so far  :smileyhappy:

EDIT  -also even if it is overcast and gloomy outside - ie not a bright day -  I don't see why you can't have exciting colour design. 

Message 12 of 14 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

yep

Apr 19, 2011

BearInBlue wrote:

edhead77 wrote:

it's not a question of brightness - its a question of vibrancy and colour placement/design.  you can turn up the contrast on any image and make it 'bright', that wasn't what I was pointing out.  don't confuse brightness with saturation - they are very different things -have a play in Photoshop and you'll see what I mean.

True, the saturation does seem to be a little dull in the pictures, but we can't be for sure that it's going to be that way until we get to experience it in our own TVs with the beta.

agreed 100% mon ami!

Message 13 of 14 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
67 posts

True, the saturation does seem to be a little dull in the...

Apr 19, 2011

EDIT  -also even if it is overcast and gloomy outside - ie not a bright day -  I don't see why you can't have exciting colour design. 

If the colors were already vibrant without the sun then the effect of the sun in this games engine would make it less awesome. Uncharted 2's sun made everything stand out so beautifully, it would be a bad choice to throw that away and dull it down.

Message 14 of 14 (74 Views)
0 Likes