Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 27 2013
By: TheFunkyTroll First Son 25 posts

Multiplayer matchmaking

13 replies 215 views Edited May 27, 2013

I'm suggesting some sort of filter, that prevents players 20 (or so) levels higher than you from joining your match. It should of course be possible to turn this filter on or off if one doesn't want to use it.

Why you may ask?

Because I'm really tired of going against players who are so skillful that I'm dead 90% of the time. How am I supposed to ever get better at this if I'm mowed down by superskilled crackshots.

In short: the multiplayer is immensely inaccessible and unfriendly for new players.

Does anyone else have similar feelings?

"Real greatness is what you do with the hand you're dealt."
— Victor Sullivan
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (215 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4892 posts

Re: Multiplayer matchmaking

May 27, 2013
We ought to just have a "Matchmaking Thread". There are at least two of these a week lately.
 photo enemy_zpsb0542811.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

May 27, 2013

The problem is that you rank up very fast and then there's the mess called legacies. The level of a player is generally a very poor indicator of his ability either way. You also have to ask yourself if you'd rather get killed because someone was better than you or because lag tilted the advantage so heavily in his favor that you virtually stood no chance no matter how good you are. The latter is not uncommon but it will be standard if you're forced to play with a tiny player pool.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (203 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3635 posts

May 27, 2013
The player pool can't be nearly as small as Crysis 3's but that game performs better. Sure it has issues at times, but not the inconsostently-consistant lag that Uncharted 3 has. When C3 has a bad moment, you can hit select and see why. And it doesn't happen as often as U3. So I'm jumping off the "don't split the player pool" band wagon. I'd say a level 10 limited beginners lobby would be totally fine and justified.

You can't learn by dying within 10 seconds of spawning 10+ times a game. You can't learn to kill these quick scoping t-bolt masters if you're using an AK because you have nothing else and you barely know the maps. It might not solve the problem totally for new players, but it would be a fair shot at it.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (184 Views)
First Son
25 posts

May 27, 2013
Good to know. If there are many who have these problems, maybe ND will do something about it. It's not very good for a game to be so inaccessible for new players.
— Victor Sullivan
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (183 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

May 27, 2013

@xxBLiTZKREIGxx

Great suggestion. Gotta say a ladder would be even better than the filter I suggested.

In the meantime, I'll just use UC2's multiplayer as practice. The players there are closer to my skills, since I perform a lot better in that one. I actually manage to get kills :smileytongue:

It seems most vets have already left that game alone.

— Victor Sullivan
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

May 27, 2013

TheFunkyTroll wrote:
Good to know. If there are many who have these problems, maybe ND will do something about it.

LOL.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (175 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2013

I just started playing UC3 multiplayer about 2 or 3 months ago. I wasn't very good at first. I would die a lot more often than I would kill. But I got some friends, and continued trying. It wad tough for me, too. Because, before ever playing competitive mode, I ended up level 75 3rd legacy by playing co-op. So I ended up against high level players the first time I ever tried any competitive modes. 

A couple months later, my kill/death ratio is positive. Not by a ton, but I've killed more than I've been killed. It just takes some time. You'll figure things out too. And if you're not familiar with the maps, play custom games by yourself and get used to them. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (167 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

May 27, 2013
Eh sorry, on my iPhone and posted accidentally. Let me try again...
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (166 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2013

@Cherry_Ronde

What's so funny about it?

— Victor Sullivan