Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 17 2012
By: pime666 Lombax Warrior 143 posts

Multiplayer only

[ Edited ]
23 replies 298 views Edited Oct 17, 2012

Hey, guys!

Can you imagine to buy Uncharted 3 as a multiplayer game only? Not this free2play bull...

Like it is now - only without a campaign on the disc.

How often did you play the singleplayer campaign?

I played it three times: one run on hard to activate crushing, one on crushing (for me the funniest challenge) to get all the treasures and achieve platin, and the last one on normal to get all the trophies.

Of course, the campaign is very lovely to play. 

But let's imagine all the manpower and all the money ND invested in the singleplayer would flow to an ultimate multiplayer performance. 

Would you buy it or do you think Uncharted is created for the campaign?

Do you guys think it's a good or bad idea?

Message 1 of 24 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2271 posts

Re: Multiplayer only

Oct 17, 2012

pime666 wrote:

Hey, guys!

Can you imagine to buy Uncharted 3 as a multiplayer game only? Not this free2play bull...

Like it is now - only without a campain on the disc.

How often did you play the singleplayer campain?

I played it three times: one run on hard to activate crushing, one on crushing (for me the funniest challenge) to get all the treasures and acchieve platin, and the last one on normal to get all the trophies.

Of course, the campain is very lovely to play. 

But let's imagine all the manpower and all the money ND invested in the singleplayer would flow to an ultimate multiplayer performance. 

Would you buy it or do you think Uncharted is created for the campain?

Do you guys think it's a good or bad idea?

i also played it 3 times (1 to unlock crushing, crushing, and clean-up) but uncharted is known for the campaign, of course the MP is good, but when it comes down to it people (at least i do) want to play the campaign first then go to the MP with games like uncharted, so in uncharted's case i don't think it would be a good idea to release only the MP

it was fine with killzone 3 because that game is mainly focused on the MP

Message 2 of 24 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10077 posts

Oct 17, 2012
If it's just multiplayer? Not getting it at all. I bought this for singleplayer, and multiplayer just increased replayability.

I for one would play it more than my usual 2 times (Hard + treasures, Crushing + treasures I missed) if they didn't take out the epic bonuses from singleplayer.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 3 of 24 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10077 posts

Oct 17, 2012
Canadian makes a good point. CoD can go multiplayer only (Everyone knows the stories are always just like the old one), Battlefield can go without a story (Pretty sure that game is literally just focused on multiplayer anyway) and Killzone can go MP only (what canada said).

But Uncharted? Nope. No.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 4 of 24 (276 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 17, 2012

No. Uncharted is about the campaign and this will never change. 

------------------
Message 5 of 24 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Oct 17, 2012

So, Uncharted MP free2play is a "BS" idea, but ditching the Uncharted's campaign is a "good" idea? :smileyindifferent: *SMH*

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 6 of 24 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Oct 17, 2012
Wow wow wow.. Wut?! Bad idea multiplayer sucks compared to singleplayer which iv about 7 times and uncharted 2 singleplayer iv lost count how many times.
 photo psd_signature_mass_effect_by_urrrrrrrrr-d4rckz9_zps4cdccc04.png
Message 7 of 24 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Oct 17, 2012

Uncharted isn't only about multiplayer, although 3 seemed to be primarily focused on it. The single player is supposed to be half the game, in essence, and multiplayer the other half. I worry that ND is doing this anyway, because 3's single player was short, although it was good, but nowhere near as great as 2's, and it lacked a lot of character development from the new people. Honestly, it would be a good idea for ND to focus and make it multiplayer only, because it would attract a lot more gamers who only want to play multi, but it would absolutely deter any people, like me, from buying another Uncharted, or even have the incentive to buy another ND game, because of what they did. The multi is OK, not great, and it would be very unwise for them to make it multi only until they can improve it much more.

Message 8 of 24 (193 Views)
Survivor
2127 posts

Oct 17, 2012

How about for Uncharted 4 Naughty Dog focuses only on Uncharted 4 single and multiplayer and drops any other obligations. That way any discussions like this will never even come up.

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Message 9 of 24 (158 Views)
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Oct 17, 2012

pime666 wrote:

Actually, UC3 isn't F2P...an online pass is required (free w/ purchase of new copy.

pime666 wrote:

Of course, the campaign is very lovely to play. 

Would you buy it or do you think Uncharted is created for the campaign?

Interesting view...people can go back and forth over the pros and cons of being exclusive to SP or MP. I think that while Uncharted undoubtly has its roots in its stellar campaigns, the multiplayer has been a nice addition for a niche audience. 

Sadly, due to the Dogs not delaying the title, the SP and MP for Uncharted 3 came out lacking the story consistency of its predecessors and the charm of the June/July beta. 

It's definitely possible for ND to create ultimate online and personal experiences, but they need to have the whole team working on the next title in the series to ensure the utmost quality.

Oh, and by the way...
pime666 wrote:

How often did you play the singleplayer campaign?

I played it three times: one run on hard to activate crushing, one on crushing (for me the funniest challenge) to get all the treasures and achieve platin, and the last one on normal to get all the trophies.

You didn't need to beat UC3 on Crushing- that was only for UC1 and 2. I hope you enjoyed the challenge. :smileyvery-happy:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 10 of 24 (144 Views)
0 Likes