Reply
Jan 13 2013
By: MrIlustrado First Son 5 posts
Offline

Multiplayer won't load

10 replies 3843 views Edited Jan 13, 2013

Greetings everyone.

 

After I finished playing UC3 last November 2011, I played a lot of its multiplayer for a significantly long time. My bro bought this game as a gift for me, including two premium vouchers that really perked me up. A few months later, my brother's friend borrowed the game, and then returned it last December 2012. I only got to play it again today, due to being busy in school. I tried to play multiplayer for the first time in more than 5 months, but the loading screen stops at  "Syncing Level Data", with the loading bar just reaching letter 'g'. I tried to do it again many times, but to no avail. It said it had some kind of network error, so that it failed to sync. Now, what can I do to be able to play again? I don't want to reset or something, I'm probably gonna lose those vouchers.

 

*Note : We have good Wi-Fi connection. Using a 320GB Slim PS3 Model.

 

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 11 (3,843 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2009
Offline
5070 posts
 

Re: Multiplayer won't load

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

Did you activate those vouchers on your PSN account? If you did you can re-download them via your downloads list including the Online Pass.

You could try deleting the UC3 game data in the game data folder. You may need to re-download the patches, online pass and any DLC you have activated on your account via your download list.

Message 2 of 11 (3,836 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Offline
3959 posts
 

Re: Multiplayer won't load

Jan 13, 2013
Just keep trying over and over again. If your getting the "error syncing levels' message, it will eventually work. I would strongly consider going wired though.

Message 3 of 11 (3,814 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 10/29/2011
Online
3797 posts
 

Re: Multiplayer won't load

[ Edited ]
Jan 13, 2013

Do you actually wait for it to give you an error or a different message? Maybe you just aren't waiting long enough and just *think* that it isn't going anywhere.

 

It tends to Sync level data really long time when a new Block Mesh map has been released (which came just recently). Overall though, connecting to MP has been really slow lately.

 

For me too, it hangs quite long during the sync, but eventually it connects.







Message 4 of 11 (3,809 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/19/2012
Offline
766 posts
 

Re: Multiplayer won't load

Jan 13, 2013
Whenever I have a loading issue, I try entering through the Co-Op portion of the main menu. I doubt it'll work though. .P

Message 5 of 11 (3,807 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4570 posts
 

Re: Multiplayer won't load

Jan 13, 2013
I found a trick awhile ago by accident while trying to glitch in LAN because I have 2 PS3's now Smiley Happy

Basically, sign into LAN then back out and sign into the actual multiplayer and it syncs really fast, and it will also fix any syncing errors (error initializing session manger, error syncing levels, etc. ) Smiley Happy

I'll make a YouTube video soon, my friend sandlecrusher96 was asking me about it the other day Smiley Happy

SLB.png


Hi-5.png

Message 6 of 11 (3,773 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2009
Offline
5070 posts
 

Re: Multiplayer won't load

Jan 14, 2013

shadowlibraboy wrote:
I found a trick awhile ago by accident while trying to glitch in LAN because I have 2 PS3's now Smiley Happy

Basically, sign into LAN then back out and sign into the actual multiplayer and it syncs really fast, and it will also fix any syncing errors (error initializing session manger, error syncing levels, etc. ) Smiley Happy

I'll make a YouTube video soon, my friend sandlecrusher96 was asking me about it the other day Smiley Happy

It also works for bypassing the long load time to MP if you have Facebook features enabled.

Message 7 of 11 (3,760 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 11/28/2011
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: Multiplayer won't load

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

Do you actually wait for it to give you an error or a different message? Maybe you just aren't waiting long enough and just *think* that it isn't going anywhere.

 

It tends to Sync level data really long time when a new Block Mesh map has been released (which came just recently). Overall though, connecting to MP has been really slow lately.

 

For me too, it hangs quite long during the sync, but eventually it connects.


Mr. Alluboy_

 

Sir, I have tried to open the "Play Online" option from the multiplayer menu many times already. It would take about 10 minutes at the loading screen, then it would just close by itself and display some level-syncing network error.

 

What do you have in mind?

Message 8 of 11 (3,740 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Multiplayer won't load

Jan 16, 2013

MrIlustrado wrote:

Alluboy_ wrote:

Do you actually wait for it to give you an error or a different message? Maybe you just aren't waiting long enough and just *think* that it isn't going anywhere.

 

It tends to Sync level data really long time when a new Block Mesh map has been released (which came just recently). Overall though, connecting to MP has been really slow lately.

 

For me too, it hangs quite long during the sync, but eventually it connects.


Mr. Alluboy_

 

Sir, I have tried to open the "Play Online" option from the multiplayer menu many times already. It would take about 10 minutes at the loading screen, then it would just close by itself and display some level-syncing network error.

 

What do you have in mind?


Do this in any order you want:

 

Check the Internet connection itself (speed test)

Connect the PS3 to the Internet again (like, so the settings all over again)

Delete game data and reinstall

cool down PS3

Load another game first, play it a while (1-2 minutes) then load uncharted 3 again

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 9 of 11 (3,732 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4570 posts
 

Re: Multiplayer won't load

Jan 16, 2013
Or you know, you could just do what I posted earlier Smiley Indifferent

SLB.png


Hi-5.png

Message 10 of 11 (3,725 Views)
Reply
0 Likes