Highlighted
Nov 28 2012
By: GISkid Splicer 37 posts
Accepted Solution

My Last 10 Games of Co-Op

[ Edited ]
11 replies 259 views Edited Nov 28, 2012

So I've been mainly a competitive player up until this point but recently I started going hard on Co-Op adventure mode. I went in knowing co-op had problems (much like the rest of the game) but I didn't think it was this bad:

Game 1 - Game completely freezes half way through level forcing me to restart my ps3

Game 2 - Teammate looses complete control of his character causing him to run into a wall for 10mins before getting disconnected

Game 3 - Idol on Syria glitches and disappears forcing us to restart

Game 4 - Actually completed a game without issue!

Game 5 - I got glitched in a brick block on the last part of Fort. I couldn't move or be killed. Had to suicide but we were out of team lives...

Game 6 - Game completely freezes half way through level forcing me to restart my ps3

Game 7- Actually completed a game without issue!

Game 8 - Completed a game on Airport but at one point I was glitched within a turret and was unable to be revived forcing me to suicide. It was funny to watch because every time they tried to revive me it would reset my death clock but he just wouldn't get up.

Game 9 - Actually completed a game without issue!

Game 10 - Game completely freezes half way through level forcing me to restart my ps3

When the game froze mid level for the third time, I just about lost my head. I was ready to snap the game disc...

How can this pass quality control? This is up there with one of the glitchiest games I've ever played. I think Fallout New Vegas still has the title but perhaps not for much longer...

Message 1 of 12 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Re: My Last 10 Games of Co-Op

Nov 28, 2012
You should complain about nerfing the Gmal and watch ND do an instant live update.
Message 2 of 12 (248 Views)
Wastelander
555 posts

Nov 28, 2012
C'mon Co-Op its not that glitchy, i never have to restart my ps3 because of playing Co-Op.

I like cats :3

Message 3 of 12 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
37 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

Does no one else have constant game freezing in Co-Op? It's never happened to me once while playing competitive. Perhaps I just have very bad luck...

Message 4 of 12 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6410 posts

Nov 28, 2012

My game only froze once while playing multiplayer in UC3 and I think it was in competitive.

Co-op gets no love and has some bugs sure...but what you describes just sounds like monster lag or something... I never get these problems.

photo Sniper.png
Message 5 of 12 (199 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Play with friends, not randoms. Makes the experience soo much better.
Message 6 of 12 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
393 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Monster bad luck by the sounds of things, I've never had coop freeze on me although competitive has done on the odd occasion, I have had my player running into the wall maybe three or four times ( once it was me ) out of a shed load of coop adventure games, and I might have got stuck in the scenery maybe once. There are problems but nothing on the scale that you seem to have experienced
Message 7 of 12 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
626 posts

Nov 28, 2012

GISkid wrote:

So I've been mainly a competitive player up until this point but recently I started going hard on Co-Op adventure mode. I went in knowing co-op had problems (much like the rest of the game) but I didn't think it was this bad:

Game 1 - Game completely freezes half way through level forcing me to restart my ps3

Game 2 - Teammate looses complete control of his character causing him to run into a wall for 10mins before getting disconnected

Game 3 - Idol on Syria glitches and disappears forcing us to restart

Game 4 - Actually completed a game without issue!

Game 5 - I got glitched in a brick block on the last part of Fort. I couldn't move or be killed. Had to suicide but we were out of team lives...

Game 6 - Game completely freezes half way through level forcing me to restart my ps3

Game 7- Actually completed a game without issue!

Game 8 - Completed a game on Airport but at one point I was glitched within a turret and was unable to be revived forcing me to suicide. It was funny to watch because every time they tried to revive me it would reset my death clock but he just wouldn't get up.

Game 9 - Actually completed a game without issue!

Game 10 - Game completely freezes half way through level forcing me to restart my ps3

When the game froze mid level for the third time, I just about lost my head. I was ready to snap the game disc...

How can this pass quality control? This is up there with one of the glitchiest games I've ever played. I think Fallout New Vegas still has the title but perhaps not for much longer...

as others have said, Co-op isnt that bad. I personally haven't had any of those problems either except for an idol disapearing on syria 1 time.  Getting stuck in things is most likely due to you lagging. I have seen others in a game i am in get stuck in things,but i always notice they were laggy. Its like the collision detection gets messed up a little when you lag.

Message 8 of 12 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
37 posts

Nov 28, 2012

HYPNOSIS wrote:

Getting stuck in things is most likely due to you lagging. I have seen others in a game i am in get stuck in things,but i always notice they were laggy. Its like the collision detection gets messed up a little when you lag.

I don't think it had anything to do with lag, I died on top of the block and when I got revived I was stuck. 

Message 9 of 12 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Nov 28, 2012

I've had every single one of these problems happen to me, multiple times at that. But, it isn't running rampant or happening "all the time." After it happens a few times, you learn what causes it and not to do certain things. I know there are certain spots not to toss idols, certain times to NOT revive someone, certain times to not shoot or hurt someone on my team, and certain things you are not supposed to do when a game is loading.

It's just trial and error basically, and that's why I love co-op so much more than competitive. Competitive is easy, just run around and blindfire a shotgun and you're good. Co-Op is glitchy and buggy, but there are ways to combat it and you have to learn just that - a much more enjoyable experience for me. Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 12 (150 Views)
0 Likes