Naughty Paw
2019 posts

Re: My Review of Patch 1.18

Oct 31, 2013
Wow I didn't think it would effect OBJ like that, in terms of removing tdm. That's a bit disappointing
Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 21 of 44 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
2019 posts

Oct 31, 2013
Wow I didn't think it would effect OBJ like that, in terms of removing tdm. That's a bit disappointing

To Wycliff, we just advised on what priority each item should take. The booster swapping was pretty low on the list. We. Made secondary suggestions but ND had a plan and we just gave them an idea of what order to do it in.
Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 22 of 44 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Oct 31, 2013
Let's face it, this game needed ALL THESE CHANGES a year ago.

What absolute nonsense.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 23 of 44 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17622 posts

Oct 31, 2013
Wait, where did the museum plunder changes go? The best thing about museum plunder was the chest proximity.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 24 of 44 (468 Views)
Wastelander
758 posts

Oct 31, 2013

Better late than never I guess.

Overall, appreciate the changes and appreciate they did something to support the game.  I pretty much thought we would never see another update.

I kinda like that the ability to throw back mega and cluster bombs was removed.  I mean, I never used those kickbacks as they were essentially worthless....Everytime I threw them, they would just get tossed back at me.  However, by the same token...Nobody throws back quick boom grenades...or RPG's....Or Hammers...

Rasing the QB medals to 12 though will make me finally switch to either Mega or Cluster bombs.....

Happy to see FFA limits raised to 20....Happy to see most of the weapon modifications....

Not really thrilled about the booster slot switches and don't really understand the point of that.  I've pretty much used cloaked and team safe from day one so I guess I'll need to use something else now....Don't see myself giving up cloaked...So looks like I'll be killing some teammates now...

Happy to see the power play adjustments....But agree they should just be gone....

Like seeing the FFA limit raised to 20...

Doesn't appear they fixed or re-issued the leaderboards.  Would've liked to see them restored...We all know there are cheaters...So what?  I still liked looking at it...mostly to see how I stacked up against a couple friends.

As for the paid booster changes....Wow....pretty excessive.  I'd vote for just taking them out completely.

Glad to see some support still happening though.

Message 25 of 44 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1483 posts

Oct 31, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:

To Wycliff, we just advised on what priority each item should take. The booster swapping was pretty low on the list. We. Made secondary suggestions but ND had a plan and we just gave them an idea of what order to do it in.

Did you guys suggest reducing the frustrating sticky aim assist on the Dragon Sniper and T-Bolt? Was that even on ND's to-do list?

------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 26 of 44 (442 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5184 posts

Oct 31, 2013

I might give my review out later once I have time. Good review btw.

Message 27 of 44 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
832 posts

Oct 31, 2013

Nice review; here's some things.

I love Dry Docks, its a welcome map, and the T bolt is really useful on that map as well. Another change, THANK GOODNESS, is the blindfire reduction. The only times I used blindfire was for close quarters, like always but you had the people who just ran around and constantly, CONSTANTLY just held R1 hoping to get kills.

KAL users will be dismayed now but my team and I still encountered some who still thought it was pre-patch 1.18 lol..

Other then that, I love the buff for the FAL imo, its good, the G-MAL feels back to the way it used to be (I didn't mind using it patch 1.15 was it they increased the recoil?) It would just be horrible sometimes but now its great imo.

But like other people have said, these changes should have been made years ago.  Can't wait to play some more matches this weekend. Smiley Wink

PSN Gamercards

★Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi★ PSN - username change soon p10x. -Cool sig incoming-
Message 28 of 44 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3302 posts

Nov 1, 2013

scootgar wrote:
Wait, where did the museum plunder changes go? The best thing about museum plunder was the chest proximity.

AGREED!

So many intense showdowns one of the rare moments when everyone on each team is actually contributing to the objective even when they refuse to touch the idol.

Message 29 of 44 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3302 posts

Nov 1, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:

So you mean to tell me no-one foresaw how switching select booster to opposite slots would disrupt the balance of the loadout system? 

I mean outside of Revenge no-one ever complained about booster imbalance, it sucks.

Message 30 of 44 (362 Views)
0 Likes