Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Re: My Review of Patch 1.18

Nov 1, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:
Wow I didn't think it would effect OBJ like that, in terms of removing tdm. That's a bit disappointing

Yeah, it's very disappointing for those who still enjoy playing FN competitively, like me. I think the problem is that ND has a 20-minute time limit for each competitive playlist and hence there can be problems with the Deathmatch being gone. An easy fix would be to change the OBJ time limit from 20 to 25 minutes.

Hopefully something can be done about it, the problem is gamebreaking as it is now.

Message 31 of 44 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3802 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

Tactician109 wrote:

Then there is the change for Team Objective. Deathmatch is FINALLY gone for good, that's how it should have been from Day 1. Unfortunately though, the change broke the game mode. If you happen to have a 2-2 tie and the final round commences, it will randomly stop, even if the round has not ended properly.

Well that sucks. Team Objective was really the only Competitive mode I play(ed). Well, besides occasional Plunder or 3TDM matches.

Message 32 of 44 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
621 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Tactician109 wrote:

sQuiiDx wrote:
Wow I didn't think it would effect OBJ like that, in terms of removing tdm. That's a bit disappointing

Yeah, it's very disappointing for those who still enjoy playing FN competitively, like me. I think the problem is that ND has a 20-minute time limit for each competitive playlist and hence there can be problems with the Deathmatch being gone. An easy fix would be to change the OBJ time limit from 20 to 25 minutes.

Hopefully something can be done about it, the problem is gamebreaking as it is now.

What is the problem with Team Objective?

Message 33 of 44 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3802 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 1, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

Tactician109 wrote:

sQuiiDx wrote:

Well if I understood correctly, the match ends too soon (before the final round even finishes) because the last round (whatever the objective is) takes longer to finish than Deathmatch round? At least I remember Deathmatch rounds being really short compared to others.

And the game mode has 20 minute limit, correct?

Message 34 of 44 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Nov 1, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

scootgar wrote:
Wait, where did the museum plunder changes go? The best thing about museum plunder was the chest proximity.

AGREED!

So many intense showdowns one of the rare moments when everyone on each team is actually contributing to the objective even when they refuse to touch the idol.

the problem was that one team would constantly respawn at the back area behind the opponents treasure chest, this was very unfair for the other team, each time they killed someone they respawned near to the chest they had to put the idol into, so Naughty Dog could either fix the respawns, or replace the treasure chest, I'm glad they fixed it Smiley Happy

Message 35 of 44 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 1, 2013
As much as I liked the intense showdowns on Museum, I don't like how the idol is generally thrown around in the hopes of someone catching it... For a long time. I mean, yeah, the all out team showdown is great, but it would also be cool if I can score without having a dude who just respawned getting yet another Close Cigar.

It was just as annoying as the matches I have in Molten Ruins where it took so long to get the idol up there on the Villain chest because the **bleep** thing just LOVES to hit the ceiling.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 36 of 44 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Nov 1, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

Tactician109 wrote:

sQuiiDx wrote:

In example,

Team X wins Round 1 and 3.
Team Y wins Round 2.
Round 4 is a tie.
Team Y is winning round 5, but the game suddenly ends when there's 1 minute left in the clock and Team X wins 2-1 although Team Y was winning round 5.

I believe it might be possible for the match to run out of time during round 5 because the gamemode is limited to 20 minutes. Now, I think this is possible because of the transition between rounds. When a round ends, it takes around 5-10 seconds to launch a new round. 

If I'm not being horribly wrong, every game mode in Team Objective is 4 minutes long (King of the Hill, Chain Reaction, Treasure Hunter, Multi Marked Man, Turf War). There is a max 5 rounds being played in a single OBJ match. That means, if every round cannot be decided within the 4 minute limit, the rounds together will take 20 minutes. HOWEVER, due to the extra seconds that are caused by the transitions between rounds, the total time is stretched to over 20 minutes, and this causes the final round to end sooner than it should, as the match cannot take longer than 20 minutes. 

Thanks for your concern! Smiley Happy 

Message 37 of 44 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
621 posts

Nov 1, 2013

Ok, we'll take care of this next week.

Message 38 of 44 (348 Views)
Wastelander
649 posts

Nov 1, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

Ok, we'll take care of this next week.

463.png

Can you fix the graphics too, please?

Message 39 of 44 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
17603 posts

Nov 2, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

scootgar wrote:
Wait, where did the museum plunder changes go? The best thing about museum plunder was the chest proximity.

AGREED!

So many intense showdowns one of the rare moments when everyone on each team is actually contributing to the objective even when they refuse to touch the idol.

the problem was that one team would constantly respawn at the back area behind the opponents treasure chest, this was very unfair for the other team, each time they killed someone they respawned near to the chest they had to put the idol into, so Naughty Dog could either fix the respawns, or replace the treasure chest, I'm glad they fixed it Smiley Happy

So what?    If you played the map smart, you controlled the spawn points at the chest.

it's no different on Chateau, with the spawn under the zipline exit at the Villain score.

More **** altered and changed because people have always had an issue with the Museum map.

You want to change something, change the chests on High Rise, which are so idiotically in-favour of the heroes it's moronic.

FFS, this company has screwed this game into the wall.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 40 of 44 (278 Views)
0 Likes