Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 02 2013
By: Andrew_Coolog I Only Post Everything 1016 posts

My Uncharted 3 hiatus and returning thoughts

28 replies 438 views Edited Apr 2, 2013

**bleep** it's been a while since I played U3. Usually I would play Uncharted 3 with my friends but I decided to give it up for Lent (a 40-day period of time where Catholics sacrifice something they love, symbolic for Jesus' time in the desert). During Lent I was busy playing CoD Black Ops 2. Although it was different and I was able to play with my mainstream-gaming classmates I MISSED Uncharted 3. Upon completing Lent I joyfully put in Uncharted 3 and played my first match with a friend (it was 3-TDM).

Upon playing my first match I realized immediately that I lost my aim (I considered myself a good shot, sorry for the boasting) and  I found it difficult just to aim at somebody 10 feet in front of me. I realized the other two teams were full of high levels & legacys but somehow my friend and I were able to win with a 7 kill lead from the closest team. I checked my score, surprised with my high KD. Thinking it was a fluke I played a TDM with my friend (DLC off) and that's where I realized the disadvantage of the free-to-play players. They're either cannon fodder on my team or easy points on the other. It was an easy shutout but not satisfying. I was only able to play a short 3 matches but I had a fun return to my all-time favorite game.

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 29 (438 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3496 posts

Re: My Uncharted 3 hiatus and returning thoughts

Apr 2, 2013
Playing other games can help and hurt you after a long U3 break. I find my aim to be off, because U3 has a different feel than most shooters (first or third person). But everything else seems slow and my reaction time on U3 is super fast. Playing a fast paced game makes U3 feel like you're walking in quicksand.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4078 posts

Apr 2, 2013
I actually play better after a long break. Like blitz said reaction time seems to be up.
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (361 Views)
Wastelander
559 posts

Apr 2, 2013
The awful aiming system is to blame imo sluggishly slow speed coupled with a useless and handicapping aim assist keep u from aiming precisely as u want. I can quickscope pretty well in bo2 and drag scope some insane shots but playing u3 makes me feel like I'm held back purposely just to give blindfire a huge advantage -_-
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 29 (359 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 2, 2013

I play best when I'm constantly switching between weapons and sensitivities. I don't know why though. If anything that seems counterintuitive because I never get used to just one weapon, but it works for me. :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 29 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

**bleep** it's been a while since I played U3. Usually I would play Uncharted 3 with my friends but I decided to give it up for Lent (a 40-day period of time where Catholics sacrifice something they love, symbolic for Jesus' time in the desert). During Lent I was busy playing CoD Black Ops 2. Although it was different and I was able to play with my mainstream-gaming classmates I MISSED Uncharted 3. Upon completing Lent I joyfully put in Uncharted 3 and played my first match with a friend (it was 3-TDM).

Upon playing my first match I realized immediately that I lost my aim (I considered myself a good shot, sorry for the boasting) and  I found it difficult just to aim at somebody 10 feet in front of me. I realized the other two teams were full of high levels & legacys but somehow my friend and I were able to win with a 7 kill lead from the closest team. I checked my score, surprised with my high KD. Thinking it was a fluke I played a TDM with my friend (DLC off) and that's where I realized the disadvantage of the free-to-play players. They're either cannon fodder on my team or easy points on the other. It was an easy shutout but not satisfying. I was only able to play a short 3 matches but I had a fun return to my all-time favorite game.

How about you become a baptist like me and play all you want as long as you read your bible and go to church, no 40 days missing out. And you should switch to Tomb Raider.

The Kingdom of Longbow shall reign forever, for it is written in the stars above~
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4888 posts

Apr 2, 2013
All the Catholics I know give up soda or some kind of food for Lent. You stand above those.
 photo original_zpsf4794f45.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

I don't think God is to happy with you playing black ops 2 instead of uncharted 3, it's like saying, I usually enjoy eating candy, but during this 40 day period I will stop eating candy and do something I do not enjoy: torturing kittens... :smileytongue:

(not meant to be disrespectful, I'm a christian as well :smileyhappy: )

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
7915 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Despur4do wrote:

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

How about you become a baptist like me and play all you want as long as you read your bible and go to church, no 40 days missing out. And you should switch to Tomb Raider.

No, don't listen to Despurado. Convert to Islam!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (334 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4888 posts

Apr 3, 2013
You'll get banned for arguing about religion/politics on here.
 photo original_zpsf4794f45.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 29 (321 Views)
0 Likes