Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation Moderator
5538 posts

Re: My Uncharted 3 hiatus and returning thoughts

Apr 3, 2013
This thread has been cleaned up of some off topic/inflammatory comments. Please be respectful of other peoples views.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 29 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

I find taking a long break can help with this game. I saw some people whom took a 6 month hiatus on this game come back and suddenly enjoy it.

The thing is that the more you play a particular game for a constant period of time, doesn't matter which game it is, the less enjoyable it will be. By taking a long break when you next play it you suddenly start to enjoy it.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 29 (242 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1016 posts

Apr 4, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

Despur4do wrote:

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

**bleep** it's been a while since I played U3. Usually I would play Uncharted 3 with my friends but I decided to give it up for Lent (a 40-day period of time where Catholics sacrifice something they love, symbolic for Jesus' time in the desert). During Lent I was busy playing CoD Black Ops 2. Although it was different and I was able to play with my mainstream-gaming classmates I MISSED Uncharted 3. Upon completing Lent I joyfully put in Uncharted 3 and played my first match with a friend (it was 3-TDM).

Upon playing my first match I realized immediately that I lost my aim (I considered myself a good shot, sorry for the boasting) and  I found it difficult just to aim at somebody 10 feet in front of me. I realized the other two teams were full of high levels & legacys but somehow my friend and I were able to win with a 7 kill lead from the closest team. I checked my score, surprised with my high KD. Thinking it was a fluke I played a TDM with my friend (DLC off) and that's where I realized the disadvantage of the free-to-play players. They're either cannon fodder on my team or easy points on the other. It was an easy shutout but not satisfying. I was only able to play a short 3 matches but I had a fun return to my all-time favorite game.

How about you become a baptist like me and play all you want as long as you read your bible and go to church, no 40 days missing out. And you should switch to Tomb Raider.

No, don't listen to Despurado. Convert to Islam!

Uhhhh I meant to talk about my hiatus ending on Uncharted 3, not my religion. My religion was just a reason.

Joel's has superhuman hearing due to his integrated Astro A40's :3
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 29 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Apr 4, 2013

I was gonna make the same thread, but you beat me to it. I decieded to play after about 4 months and to honestly nothing has changed. Same old hipfire > melee/or whack n' roll. Extreme lag ever present as usual so I only played 4 matches and then left. Then I played some single player but got bored by U3's dull, lacking campaign, so I just popped Battlefield 3 back in and had a better experience. Uncharted 3 is just shelfware to me, it got old fast. 

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 29 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9944 posts

Apr 4, 2013
Oh FPS games. Popular because they're easy like crazy. Good times.

I'll just be leveling my new main account in Burnout so I keep my "moron who does stunts with a huge van" rep.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 29 (185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

I really like the Uncharted series single player campaign, and I really enjoyed U2's multiplayer. But Uncharted 3 Multiplayer is awful. I'm with you: Battlefield 3 is the better game hands down.

I feel sorry for the free-to-play people. They stand no chance against the seasoned players. I just don't get how people can get enjoyment from a game that doesn't offer them any challenges anymore.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 29 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9944 posts

Apr 4, 2013
I don't know. FPS games being "good"? I've played CoD, Battlefield, even Resistance and Halo and TF2.

It's just... So lame.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 29 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Well, if by lame you mean playing tactically as part of a team... I will take lame any day of the week over this lag-filled, unbalanced, unrealistic mess of a game.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 29 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Apr 4, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I don't know. FPS games being "good"? I've played CoD, Battlefield, even Resistance and Halo and TF2.

It's just... So lame.

Agreed, the only FPS I like is Mirror's Edge, although it's more of a FPP, but who cares :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 29 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11061 posts

Apr 4, 2013
Why would you come back to U3? :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 29 (127 Views)
0 Likes