Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2122 posts

Re: My Uncharted 3 hiatus and returning thoughts

Apr 4, 2013

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

Lent (a 40-day period of time where Catholics sacrifice something they love, symbolic for Jesus' time in the desert).

Jesus spent 40 days in the desert?

I don't get why this is a thing though--40 days in the desert is nothing for, ya know, god's supposed son/ god.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 21 of 29 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9030 posts

Apr 4, 2013

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

Lent (a 40-day period of time where Catholics sacrifice something they love, symbolic for Jesus' time in the desert).

I don't get why this is a thing though--40 days in the desert is nothing for, ya know, god's supposed son/ god.

Don't start. There was an argument before about religion before it got outta hand and a mod had to delete some stuff. Just stay on topic, OK?

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 22 of 29 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Apr 4, 2013

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

but Jesus was on earth as a human, not as God's son, of course he was God's son, and of course he could saved himself the trouble in the desert, and of course he could have gotten himself of the cross, but he was meant to endure all this, for our sins, so believe me, it was a hard time for him in the desert...

(anyway, we shouldn't discuss religion, I heard it is against the rules here, probably because such topics get out of hand pretty quickly)

Message 23 of 29 (207 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

Don't start. There was an argument before about religion before it got outta hand and a mod had to delete some stuff. Just stay on topic, OK?

to late xD

I have posted 3 times in this thread and I still do not even know what actually the topic is :smileyindifferent:

Message 24 of 29 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Apr 5, 2013

easy_target77 wrote:

Well, if by lame you mean playing tactically as part of a team... I will take lame any day of the week over this lag-filled, unbalanced, unrealistic mess of a game.

Lame as in as level one has all the stuff because he's a moron, and obviously, unlike Uncharted, higher-level weapons do in fact do better.

Basically, you can pay to be OP. That's GREAT. FREAKING AWESOME. UNBELIEVABLE.

If you want a good DICE game, it's called Need For Speed The Run. Although NFS TR is crap compared to NFS anything else and especially when compared to Burnout, NFS is totally not unfair, unless you're lagging.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 25 of 29 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Apr 5, 2013

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

Andrew_Coolog wrote:

IDK. I'm a catholic, so I spent 40 days not on the PS3, not in my usual online chatroom, and not in Roblox (I know it's a kids' game, shut up).

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I don't know. FPS games being "good"? I've played CoD, Battlefield, even Resistance and Halo and TF2.

It's just... So lame.

Agreed, the only FPS I like is Mirror's Edge, although it's more of a FPP, but who cares :smileytongue:

I care. Because Mirror's Edge is AWESOME.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 26 of 29 (191 Views)
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

@TheStuntDouble

Yeah, you can pay to have higher level weapons in BF3 if you want. That said, I haven't seen many level 1 guys with all unlocks. Weapons are different there in their handling, and not their lethality.
Unlike Uncharted 3, a level 1 player CAN and WILL kill you many times over if you don't play tactically, even with vehicles. The battlefield is pretty much even in that aspect and everyone has a fighting chance. There are no perks, kickbacks, boosts, and the like. No magically disappearing players, no multiplying grenades, and, most importantly, shooting someone will actually kill that character, and not have them run up to you and one-punch you dead.
That's the reason that you still see new players in BF3 everyday and full servers any day of the week, as opposed to sitting in a lobby in U3 waiting to play some of the modes. That's all considering it went free to play and pretty much died right after.
Now that is lame.

As I said before. U2 AFTER the 1.05 patch was way better.

Message 27 of 29 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Apr 6, 2013
By tactically, you mean camp one of the letter flags in conquest, right? That's as "tactically" as you can go, and no, shouting "military words" over the mic isn't "tactical". That's called pretentious.

I've played BF3 as well. The tactics there are the same as tactics here, except it's a peepeepewpoo shooter with low health, and UC3 is a *traversal* shooter with high health.

Also if you think UC2 1.05 health is way better you should play games where climbing's not an option, because low health killed it anyway.
Message 28 of 29 (152 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Apr 10, 2013

I think that you take "tactics" of camping flags as everyone's notion of such. Some people play different than that, maybe looking for said campers and clearing the area with your team before you actually move to capture the flag.

Besides, I never made any mention to military jargon anywhere in my post. Some people like to use the military alphabet because it conveys with clarity what objectives you are talking about. I agree that some go overboard, but you shouldn't generalize.

BF3 is not perfect and there are some problems, but nowhere as frustrating as having "unctouchables" after they reach a certain level. Regarding traversal, I can go across the whole battlefield on BF3, with or without vehicles, hunting players down, even with the "dreaded" low health. Truth is, most U3 players need high health as a crutch to justify their lack of tactics (namely, moving from cover to cover and scouting an area before moving in) and the overuse of twitch reflexes. To me, it  just feels like a third person CoD. In my opinion, even with low health you can move about pretty easily as long as you do it more carefully. 

I occasionally still play U2, and climbing is part of my gameplay there. Again, I have no problems moving around with low health, as long as I play smart as said before. The moment I try to run and gun, I do poorly.

I know I won't sway your opinion closer to mine, I just wanted to express my opinion, after all, that's what forums are for. If you still play BF3, add me. Maybe we can have a good time together.

Message 29 of 29 (136 Views)
0 Likes