Mar 02 2013
By: Snake-Eater300 I Only Post Everything 1104 posts

ND, automatically close the "leave find game" option the moment player badges are revealed...

9 replies 442 views Edited Mar 2, 2013

The amount of players who search for matches with an open "leave find game" window so they can back out if the opponents are too tough for their liking has become a real problem. It happens on a regular basis now and it's especially bad when parties use this cheap method. It causes many problems for those who stay in the matchmaking...

My suggestion: In Uncharted 2 - to fix the three booster glitch - the game simply closed the booster selection window automatically two seconds before the match began. I want ND to do the same to this little "leave" window with the exception that it should close in the very same moment the player badges are revealed. That way people could not back out anymore and we would get rid of all the problems which come along with this method.

It doesn't seem too hard to implement this. What do you guys think?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (442 Views)
Sackboy
366 posts

Re: ND, automatically close the "leave find game" option the moment player badges are reve

Mar 2, 2013

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

The amount of players who search for matches with an open "leave find game" window so they can back out if the opponents are too tough for their liking has become a real problem. It happens on a regular basis now and it's especially bad when parties use this cheap method. It causes many problems for those who stay in the matchmaking...

My suggestion: In Uncharted 2 - to fix the three booster glitch - the game simply closed the booster selection window automatically two seconds before the match began. I want ND to do the same to this little "leave" window with the exception that it should close in the very same moment the player badges are revealed. That way people could not back out anymore and we would get rid of all the problems which come along with this method.

It doesn't seem too hard to implement this. What do you guys think?

In Uncharted 2 there was another way to get the 3 booster glitch to work. So everyone who wanted to do it still got to, and for everyone else changing boosters became annoying with that window closing 3 seconds early...

They could have just patched it in a way that a 3rd booster couldn't be active but that apparantly didn't come to mind.

And your ''solution'' wouldn't work. People would just xmb sign out, evading playing a party that way. You don't even get a loss if you sign out before voting starts. 

I don't see the problem with people doing it though, they usually are good players put in a complete incompetent team.

You can't force them to stay. 

And maybe the party gets split, but that's more reason for people to do it. I can get a good laugh out of it.

My point: You can't force people to stay in a game where ALL odds are against them. It's like being hunters in Co-op hunter.

I actually sign out from time to time when I get put in such a position, luckily good parties are rare, too bad incompetence is not. 

And there are other reasons for signing out pre-match: You don't lose a ticket.

I can only say Naughty Dog made it this way..

oh and besides that, I think players prefer signing out over leave find game thingy, cause then you can actually see their stats and level. AND maybe the fact that it's not patchable should stop this request.

*Do note: I do not sign out every time I see a party, only when a ticket is at stake, or whenever I late join. Or when all odds are against me of course, I usually take on a party when some competence is in my team. 

I would like to meet the dumb players who base their pre-match quiting simple on a parties level. 

A look at the statistics can only show what you need to know to make a decision to quit. (from a ticket users perspective, and a kdr scrub.)

Blame the game, not the player. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (413 Views)
Sackboy
349 posts

Re: ND, automatically close the "leave find game" option the moment player badges are reve

Mar 2, 2013

I like the idea, but people still would just quit the match. God forbid you have some competition when you play U3 lol. Gotta protect that majestic 7 KD.

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (359 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1334 posts

Mar 2, 2013

Whilst they are at it, they should do something about avoiding late joins. Although i do it, becuase i hate late joining, it should be like call of duty; you don't get a choice to late join or not, the game throws you in a match before you get a chance to do anything about it. If i can avoid late joining, believe me i will, but part of me thinks that's not how it should be. I don't think i should get a say in whether i late join a game or not, even if i want to avoid late joining. If i REALLY wanted to avoid late joining, i'd just party up everytime.

R.I.P Rika Raja - Confirmed 21/06/12
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (314 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Mar 2, 2013

Do we get a pass if matchmaking pairs you up against a party of 4-5 max rank players? I don't find that fair, especially as I'm usually playing alone these days, and for tournament points. :smileysad:

New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (280 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

It's true that people could still back out of the match by using the PSN sign out, but the main problem with this "leave" method are the parties who leave.

Yesterday we had two parties of five leave against ours. The consequence were two free losses for us because everything broke down then. But we are the fair players who stay. They gave up before even trying. Why are we the losers then?

I think that my method would not fix everything, but it would be an improvement. I doubt that everyone would sign out. More people would stay or at least just leave after the match has started.

And yes, it is annoying to play against a party with a bunch of newbies as teammates. But if it happens to me I still stay and fight. Btw, I am for one free quit a day. If you really need to go during a match you should not get a loss. And one isn't enough to completely fake stats again. It would also help with all the unfair losses people get due to the game's technical problems... 

About late-join: Most of the time you join, you lose. If you did not get a loss I guess almost everyone would join matches late. I don't understand why ND never did this.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
607 posts

Mar 2, 2013
I reported this "tryhards method" a while ago when i saw some famous forumers doing that with their parties!
I think it's less used now but still is a problem.
I don't know how people can be that cowards!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1780 posts

Mar 2, 2013

I wouldn't classify it as tryhard. If I play solo I use this trick as well, If I find a Party of 5 and my team is absolute trash what's the point of not backing out? I play this game to have fun, not to get **bleep** off.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
607 posts

Mar 2, 2013
Yeah it's a legit method written in the manuel and sometimes it shows up on the multiplayer menu.
-.-
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 2, 2013

Since ND refuses to give us a ping filter toggle, I find it fair to back out whenever this **bleep** matchmaking pairs us against parties of 5 with the following clan tags: MEX, BRA, KSA.

Say what you want, but I don't consider it fair lag-wise. I don't mind parties, as long as they are from my region at least.

ps: I could code in an afternoon a simple C++ algorithm that would check clan tags. If one person like me can do that, then I don't understand why a two-man team can't pull it off.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (185 Views)
0 Likes