Fender Bender
3653 posts

Re: ND does ban people!?

Dec 23, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Did you ever tell us that you plan to glitch in the Lab playlist? Did you ask for consent from other players?

If the answer to both questions is "NO", then ND rightfully banned you. Don't glitch in pubs, unless you play with 9 friends and they agree to be killed for testing purposes. Again, I deserved to be banned, but I want ND to fix these glitches properly and add mesh maps to custom games, I would appreciate it if you read everythign I wrote instead of focusing on replying on a single part.

I agree that Lab maps need to be added in Custom Game, but that likely won't happen before July 2013. I'm afraid so.

Also, if you want to "help" ND, then why don't you tell them the 4-button combo which triggers the dead body glitch? You know what I'm talking about. I told you I promised a friend not to tell, and my promise is worth more than you think it is, apparently...

So, why do you want to keep it a secret? It's hardly a secret anymore... ND needs to know it, so that they can fix it. My friend who teached me is banned just like me, I doubt he is in the mood to tell ND, but I can try to concince him, but that's all I can do.

above in red

Message 21 of 75 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 23, 2012

If your friend is banned like you, then I can only assume that he glitched in pubs as well.

Look, it's nice to pretend that you want to "help" ND, but actions speak louder than words. You knew how to trigger the dead body glitch before you got caught glitching in the Lab, but you still didn't tell ND details to fix it, because of that "promise". Now you don't want to tell them, because both of you are "angry". Go figure.

So, zero sympathy from me, since it seems that you and your group of friends enjoy glitching in pubs and on top of that, you don't tell ND how to fix glitches, because you are afraid that ND might patch those exploits.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 22 of 75 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Dec 23, 2012
Dude. The ends don't justify the means.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 23 of 75 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3653 posts

Dec 23, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

If your friend is banned like you, then I can only assume that he glitched in pubs as well.

Look, it's nice to pretend that you want to "help" ND, but actions speak louder than words. You knew how to trigger the dead body glitch before you got caught glitching in the Lab, but you still didn't tell ND details to fix it, because of that "promise". Now you don't want to tell them, because both of you are "angry". Go figure.

So, zero sympathy from me, since it seems that you and your group of friends enjoy glitching in pubs and on top of that, you don't tell ND how to fix glitches, because you are afraid that ND might patch those exploits.

I know my English is bad, but not so bad that you can't understand what I mean to say, I try it again:

- I am banned, which is very well-deserved, I'm not asking for any sympathy for that

- I am however kinda frustrated that ND doesn't fix the glitches, what do you think a banned person does? he goes on glitching on a second account, banning doesn't help...

- Also ND tries to fix those glitches with those stupid death barriers, which doesn't solve the problem because there are always new places to glitch to, and also you can get an advantage inside the map, for instance, you can fly to a the top of a building isntead of running around the building and climb on it, so you don't waste time and surprise your opponents, also those death barriers let legit players die, think of the current 2 in the molten ruins (1 which is around for 9 months now, pathetic...), people keep dying while they don't cheat!

- I didn't said I don't want to tell ND what causes the dead body glitch because I'm angry, and what the reason of my friend is, is his business, I don't have anything to do with that, have I?

So please understand it now, and if you don't, just pretend that the thing I actually want to talk about, is the way ND deals with those **bleep** glitches, I just used the banning issue in this thread because I wanted to request block mesh maps in custom game as well, I see now I should have let that out of the thread due to all the misunderstandings

Message 24 of 75 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Dec 23, 2012
Edit the OP. you're not getting support when peole know you glitched in a pub game.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 25 of 75 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 23, 2012

My point still remains: you and your friend don't want to tell ND how to reproduce the dead body glitch, because you are afraid that they might patch it.

So, if you want to be taken seriously, then do something for the community and stop being selfish.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 26 of 75 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3653 posts

Dec 23, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Dude. The ends don't justify the means.

That's true, I told you the reason why I did it, I didn't said it was the right thing to do anywhere, I only used it to make a point, I fail to see why you don't understand that, am I talking Chinese?

AGAIN: MY BAN IS VERY WELL-DESERVED, though ND must stop doing something about the consequences, but fix the source for once, it's like murder: The police can arrest a man for murdering another man and put him in jail, but the other man is still dead, so it doesn't solve a thing!  The same with glitches, you can ban a person for glitching, but the victim still had a bad experience playing UC3, and he will have that next time too, because either the banned glitcher will create another account and glitch again, or someone else will start glitching, so the thing that ND needs to do for once: FIX THE **bleep** GLITCH ITSELF! I suppose they do know what causes the airfloat right? So why haven't they fixed it yet?

Message 27 of 75 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3653 posts

Dec 23, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

My point still remains: you and your friend don't want to tell ND how to reproduce the dead body glitch, because you are afraid that they might patch it.

So, if you want to be taken seriously, then do something for the community and stop being selfish.

why wouldn't I want it to be fixed? I don't did the dead body glitch in the lab, I did the airfloat because I wanted to know where you could glitch in the map, that's what I have been banned for, I only do the dead body glitch in a custom game, and trust me, that's funny at the start, but after a while it's not funny anymore, so I don't have any reason not to tell ND about the dead body glitch (except that I promised not to tell it, and again that's worth more to me than that I want to get the glitch fixed)

Message 28 of 75 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Dec 23, 2012

I like your real life analogy, so here's mine:

Let's say that someone knows a secret button combo which allows you to withdraw money from an ATM. Don't you think that the ethical thing is to tell the bank how to fix it? Is it ethical to keep it a secret for you and your buddies?

So, if you want ND to fix the root cause of ALL glitches, then you need to tell them ALL of them, not just the wall hacks. Understood?

Seriously, if I was a ND dev and someone who knew about glitches was not co-operative enough to tell me about them, I'd perma-ban him without hesitation. If he helped, I'd give him some DLCs for free.

Message 29 of 75 (217 Views)
Fender Bender
3653 posts

Dec 23, 2012

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Edit the OP. you're not getting support when peole know you glitched in a pub game.

a few days ago, before I glitched in the lab and was banned, I created a thread too about this matter, it got 4 replies and 3 kudoes or something, all positive, sure, but then the thread died, so I opted now for an other approach, it gave me more replies, but they are indeed kinda negative, anyway, I doubt it is usefull to edit the OP, considering a lot of you quoted me Smiley Tongue

anyway, I'm not asking for support from the community, I just want ND's attention so this **bleep** gets fixed, like you said yourself, we have the same goal, but I have different means to achieve it Smiley Wink

Message 30 of 75 (214 Views)
0 Likes