Apr 14 2013
By: SLEAZE_IT_UP Fender Bender 3077 posts

NEED HELP # 2 - EDITING UC3 MP CONTENT - COMMENTARY DISCUSSION [specific]

1 replies 197 views Edited Apr 14, 2013

Hey folks. Seeking direction from those who KNOW so I can shorten my learning curve and get some content out. 

I am seeking advice about commentary.  I have been asked on seldom occasion to do this, and would like to venture. 

What I WANT to do is take some videos that have already been set up, edited, compiled, and are essentially ready for render-- I want to take a vid like that and just add a commentary to it, over the top, as an audio file, so I can riff over the top. 

Is there a way to do that in SVP12 (Sony Vegas Pro 12)? 

Do I have to use some type of audio program in order to make an audio file to be imported into SVP 12, then line that file up, or what?  If YES, are there any freeware, or free programs for that purpose? 

Really not interested in LIVE COMMENTARY while the game play is going on.  I need this for EDITS that are done and I just want to give some insight on. 

I could, of course, search all of this on the web, but as I said, gotta save time, gotta shorten the curve NOW, so I will lean on the community here and see if some good people can help.

Thanks in advance to anyone who spends time on this and actually responses with ADVICE.  To the trolls [THA BACK OF MY HAND]

Much thanks!

SLEAZE!  Smiley Happy

PS. Will cross post this @ both Facebook groups, on the COMPETITIVE and the CO-OP sides! 

Message 1 of 2 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
521 posts

Re: NEED HELP # 2 - EDITING UC3 MP CONTENT - COMMENTARY DISCUSSION [specific]

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2013

Yeah you can do it in SVP12.

Go to your track tab, right click and select "Add New Audio Track".

Once your mic is hooked up to your comp and ready to go, there should be these two buttons [on all of your audio tracks]. One says "Arm for recording" and the other is the record button.

Hit Arm for recording first, adjust volume levels. Then when you're ready just hit record and that's it.

In case you need better visualization of what I'm talking about, here's a great SHORT video about it.

Cutter
Message 2 of 2 (177 Views)
0 Likes