Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 29 2013
By: stayFROST-E Wastelander 698 posts

NERF -- Kickbacks

51 replies 357 views Edited Apr 29, 2013

In CoD, while using a killstreak reward, you cannot earn kills towards your next killstreak. If ND implemented a similar system in UC3 or even in UC4, I think this would help contain the crazy amount of PW's in this game. This would mean that any medals obtained from kills while using any kickback would not count towards your next kickback. 

I'm not suggesting that kickbacks should make it to the next installment of Uncharted. In UC4, I hope kickbacks are gone. If not, at least the offensive ones (Sniper, QB, RPG, mega bomb, shottie, cluster bomb, etc). And if not that, they should be nerfed as mentioned earlier.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 1 of 52 (357 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Re: NERF -- Kickbacks

Apr 29, 2013

Here's a better idea make power weapons spawns random & they only spawn once during a match.

As for your idea that could work but then I most play Objective modes & Co-op so i'm not 100% supporting this change.

Message 2 of 52 (352 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Kickbacks are probably one of the best things in Uncharted. They can turn the tables and could be the difference between win or loss. Besides, if you work hard to get a kickback you should be able to use it even if it is something obnoxious like Quick Boom. I do hope Kickbacks are implemented in U4 but I think what you want to address is possibly the damage of some power weapons? I think they're fine but they can be debated...

Bang Bang!

Message 3 of 52 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10141 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Here's a better idea make power weapons spawns random & they only spawn once during a match.

As for your idea that could work but then I most play Objective modes & Co-op so i'm not 100% supporting this change.

Plus some KBs don't necessarily net instant medals when used. Look at Smoke bomb. It doesn't lose anything.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 4 of 52 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6090 posts

Apr 29, 2013

This may hurt objective modes even more in the scarcity of kickbacks. I actually rely heavily on my mega bombs to flush out entire hills or idol camp spots to turn the tide of the game. It's already hard enough getting ONE mega bomb per match now.

photo Sniper.png
Message 5 of 52 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 29, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Plus some KBs don't necessarily net instant medals when used. Look at Smoke bomb. It doesn't lose anything.

This nerf would have NO EFFECT on defensive KB's. That's a plus in my book. 

Message 6 of 52 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

So, you think that power weapon pickups (the ones that anyone walking past can grab) are a bigger problem than the ones that allow you to throw two grenades that explode on impact (and with no visual warning) and once you throw those you now have maybe 5 (give or take) more medals towards your next two grenades that explode on impact. 

This nerf wouldn't effect co-op at all. This is a competitive nerf only, and only kill based objectives too. TDM, 3TDM, FFA, etc. not Plunder, TO. 

Message 7 of 52 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Re: BUFF -- Kickbacks

Apr 29, 2013

What? Nerf kickbacks? What you want an RPG to only half kill ya? 

No, if anything ND should BUFF kickbacks! I'm not killing enough with my free killing button, so that clearly indicates that there is something wrong! Kickbacks are underpowered man! We have to make them work better by trying to get ND to buff them nearly two years after launch! I can't believe we didn't notice this any sooner!

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 8 of 52 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Re: BUFF -- Kickbacks

Apr 29, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

What? Nerf kickbacks? What you want an RPG to only half kill ya? 

No, if anything ND should BUFF kickbacks! I'm not killing enough with my free killing button, so that clearly indicates that there is something wrong! Kickbacks are underpowered man! We have to make them work better by trying to get ND to buff them nearly two years after launch! I can't believe we didn't notice this any sooner!

So subtle... :smileyindifferent: 

And yet I get the feeling you didn't even read the OP. 

Message 9 of 52 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 29, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

So, you think that power weapon pickups (the ones that anyone walking past can grab) are a bigger problem than the ones that allow you to throw two grenades that explode on impact (and with no visual warning) and once you throw those you now have maybe 5 (give or take) more medals towards your next two grenades that explode on impact. 

This nerf wouldn't effect co-op at all. This is a competitive nerf only, and only kill based objectives too. TDM, 3TDM, FFA, etc. not Plunder, TO. 

Yes Power Weapons are a bigger problem IMO.

There's too much of them, they are a huge part of the reason people can attain kickbacks so easily, One can go through an entire match using Power Weapons since they spawn like every 3 minutes after they've been used, then they activate their kickback, run around then grab another power weapon & within no time they have another kickback.

All i'm getting from your post is that you hate Quick Boom.

Message 10 of 52 (295 Views)
0 Likes