Wastelander
697 posts

Re: NERF -- Kickbacks

Apr 30, 2013

^^ Oops, wrong thread. I'll ask the question in my other thread. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 52 (105 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Re: BUFF -- Kickbacks

May 1, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

What? Nerf kickbacks? What you want an RPG to only half kill ya? 

No, if anything ND should BUFF kickbacks! I'm not killing enough with my free killing button, so that clearly indicates that there is something wrong! Kickbacks are underpowered man! We have to make them work better by trying to get ND to buff them nearly two years after launch! I can't believe we didn't notice this any sooner!

So subtle... :smileyindifferent: 

And yet I get the feeling you didn't even read the OP. 

He's a bitter troll, who is still stuck in 2009.

I'm not bitter or a troll so why are you attacking me? Just because I have a different opinion than yours?

I have a harder time killing in this game than most and when my RPG launcher I spawned isn't doing the trick, I assume that ND needs to buff the kickback so I can get my free kill.

I actually agree with the RPG statement. OMG EyeCue has someone who agrees with it, the end of the world is coming! D:

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 52 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9751 posts

May 1, 2013
I just read this "ND take your game seriously and build blah blah multiplayer.."

Bro. ND is focused on STORY. SINGLEPLAYER. Did UDF have MP from the get-go? No. The game is sold BRCAUSE OF SINGLEPLAYER.

Now I know UC3's SP sucks, but dude, this isn't CoD, like you said. CoD doesn't give two rat's arses about SP, but ND does.
Currently looking for GTA Online friends who aren't obviously bad sports.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 52 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
697 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I just read this "ND take your game seriously and build blah blah multiplayer.."

Bro. ND is focused on STORY. SINGLEPLAYER. Did UDF have MP from the get-go? No. The game is sold BRCAUSE OF SINGLEPLAYER.

Now I know UC3's SP sucks, but dude, this isn't CoD, like you said. CoD doesn't give two rat's arses about SP, but ND does.

Why are those mutually exclusive? ND did spend a lot of time on both. Most of the problems in the multiplayer are because of poor execution, not because ND didn't think it was worth their time. Uncharted can have both just fine. I take it as a given that ND is already serious about their SP. If they have a multiplayer, I think they should be serious about that too. If they do it at all, they should do it right.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 52 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9751 posts

May 1, 2013
I'm not saying you don't have a point, but don't make them CoD man.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 52 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
697 posts

May 1, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I'm not saying you don't have a point, but don't make them CoD man.

What is with this anti-CoD mentality. Fine, you don't like CoD. But whether you like their style or not, ND could learn something useful from them. Yes, not a human on the face of the earth has ever bought a CoD game for it aweful, tack-on campaign. I have no idea why the developers even include it. However, the multiplayer aspect has become part of the uncharted series (the style of the multiplayer has yet to define itself) but the multiplayer itself is just as valid part of the game as the campaign. You can see this in the vast expansion of the multiplayer complexity from UC2 to UC3. In UC2, the multiplayer wasn't the focus and it still isn't, but it's a much larger part of the picture now. 

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 52 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
697 posts

May 1, 2013

All the same, it appears as though nobody on the forums actually wants a nerf to kickbacks. I am alone. :smileysad: I'll let this thread die. I just hope that people will support the blindfire lab thread. Nobody wants to be constructive these days, everyone thinks they're a critic (and somehow think they're being useful :smileyindifferent:).

That wasn't directed to you. You actually had a legitimate point. I'm just saying that in general about the state of the forums. 

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 52 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9751 posts

May 1, 2013
I'm just saying that above everything else, their focus is 50-50 on SP and MP. CoD's got this sweet multiplayer stuff, right? That's because their focus is around 10-90.

Anyway if you adjust your idea so that using defensive kickbacks is beneficiable, sure.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 52 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
697 posts

May 1, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
I'm just saying that above everything else, their focus is 50-50 on SP and MP. CoD's got this sweet multiplayer stuff, right? That's because their focus is around 10-90.

Anyway if you adjust your idea so that using defensive kickbacks is beneficiable, sure.

I see what you're saying. I can agree with that. 

As to the OP, I'm pretty sure that either 1) the forums are absolutely dead or 2) not enough people actually think PW/kickbacks are a problem (although probably both). So I think this thread is pretty much useless. 

My idea already only nerfs offensive kickbacks (so it makes defensive ones better in that way I guess).

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 52 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Why are those mutually exclusive? ND did spend a lot of time on both. Most of the problems in the multiplayer are because of poor execution, not because ND didn't think it was worth their time. Uncharted can have both just fine. I take it as a given that ND is already serious about their SP. If they have a multiplayer, I think they should be serious about that too. If they do it at all, they should do it right.

ND is serious about their MP but you must remember UC3 is just their second MP game plus it's more than obvious they had bigger plans for UC3 but time was against them. I think they learned from UC3 on what needs to be fixed for their next iteration (well i'm hoping they do), lets see how they handle TLOU. As for UC3 it's not perfect but I feel like you guys don't give it enough credit.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 52 (68 Views)
0 Likes