Wastelander
698 posts

Re: NERF -- Kickbacks

May 3, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

As I said rmake Power Weapons spawns random & once they are used they won't respawn.

Medal counts are fine IMO, making them any higher would just punish the good players for good being good & the sucky players will never see a kickback lol. Plus getting KB's in TO is already hard enough unless you just kill farm & ignore the objectives.

Without Power Weapons respawning people would get less kickbacks & they would be forced to engage in gun fights since camping & hogging the Power Weapons spawns would do them no good.

Lastly I don't mind the T-Bolt if I get killed by one best believe upon me respawning they will be my next target.

What would you say to the same medal count but a base time limit before you could use another kickback (or a base time limit were you could start earning medals towards your next KB)?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 41 of 52 (1,763 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 3, 2013

Flawless83 wrote:

Agree, there are 2 options.

Your option would help but the main problem is that the KBs are overall way to cheap.

Among Uncharted tryhards whats the most used KB?

Its not the 1x RPG KB or the 4x Hammer KB neither this 2x lame QB nades.

Its the T-Bolt KB with the 5x lame 1.05 bullets.

I can manage 50+ medals aka 6x KBs in a good game, with my Bargain(most used slot2 booster!!!) loadout this would be 6x RPG shots.

Stock QB would be 12x nades but the T-Bolt KB tops it all...tremendous 30x 1HK kills. 

But let say, I have a medicore game and manage only 25(3xKBs) medals, the 3x RPG KB would be still laughable compared to the 15x 1HK bullet T-Bolt KB.

What I want to say is, increase the cost for the KBs in U4 + make the Bargain booster to a slot 1 booster.

An experienced player should play U2 style with negatives but surely not with FF, Scoped or Cloaked in combination with Bargain!!!

Because its absolutly laughable that I and anybody elses can manage to get 6+ KBs in one game.

Gamebreaking in its prime form and thats another of many reasons why this game is frustrating as hell.

RPG = 12

Hammer = 14

T-Bolt = 16

PS: This is not a hate post against the T-Bolt KB, but in the end of the day the RPG is One shell and the T-Bolt KB is Five power bullets for the same price. 

So its hardly suprising that 90% of these super awesome U3 montage videos are skeletons with T-Bolts. 

True, you can kill more people with a T-Bolt kickback. But it's also significantly more difficult to get those kills. I definitely would like a higher medal count for KB's in UC4. 

Making Bargain a 1st slot booster would probably kill it. Like how hardly anyone uses Endurance. I don't know, there seem to be a few that don't really belong in either. They are somewhere in between. 

Message 42 of 52 (1,508 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 3, 2013

Lazyboy256 wrote:
I've said that I'd like offensive kickbacks to lose their ability to count medals towards another one (but you still get the medals and cash with them) and I still support the idea.

Offensive kickbacks only though, defensive/utility are fine to me.

Well, your the only one (except for me, I guess). Not enough people think KB's need to be nerfed. How did this get bumped?!?!

Message 43 of 52 (1,376 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
6712 posts

May 3, 2013

Well I agree with some change in kickbacks. I just don't want my kickback to become a rare 1-time use per match. Inversely, I don't want someone to be able to activate it nonstop throughout the whole match.

Feet
Message 44 of 52 (1,104 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

May 3, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

As I said rmake Power Weapons spawns random & once they are used they won't respawn.

Medal counts are fine IMO, making them any higher would just punish the good players for good being good & the sucky players will never see a kickback lol. Plus getting KB's in TO is already hard enough unless you just kill farm & ignore the objectives.

Without Power Weapons respawning people would get less kickbacks & they would be forced to engage in gun fights since camping & hogging the Power Weapons spawns would do them no good.

Lastly I don't mind the T-Bolt if I get killed by one best believe upon me respawning they will be my next target.

What would you say to the same medal count but a base time limit before you could use another kickback (or a base time limit were you could start earning medals towards your next KB)?

That wouldn't work because you can never predict when you're gonna need the KB, I would hate to be in a scenario where you could kill 2 people with an RPG but the game begs to differ.

On top of my power weapon argument they should reconfigure how medals are tallied for KB's.

Some medals should only count towards your cash flow at the end of the match, of course this would need alot of tweaking but could work referring solely to TDM medals as the other modes are fine. 

Message 45 of 52 (745 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

Alright, nobody likes my solutions and they don't have any of their own (and/or don't even think there is a need for a solution). So, let's just let this thread die (like I've said twice before). 

Edit: fixed english. Just a little OCD Smiley Tongue

Message 46 of 52 (429 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

If you don't like kickbacks, then just play Classic mode.

Best Game in UC2: 20 kills, 0 deaths in The Lab. (thanks to default pistols and grenades)
Best Game in UC3: 20 kills, 0 deaths in Classic mode
Message 47 of 52 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 4, 2013

Why? Why would you bump this? You're a horrible human being! Smiley Tongue

Message 48 of 52 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

You should be honored by the bump, the other threads suck and don't deserve my post.

Best Game in UC2: 20 kills, 0 deaths in The Lab. (thanks to default pistols and grenades)
Best Game in UC3: 20 kills, 0 deaths in Classic mode
Message 49 of 52 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

May 4, 2013

If you want to bump a thread bump my Blindfire Lab-test-idea-thread thing... Nobody else thinks that KB's need a nerf. Smiley Sad But that's reality

Message 50 of 52 (164 Views)
0 Likes