Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Re: The KELEVRA Uncharted 3 CHALLENGE - Powered by GAMERMODZ & KELEVRA Corp

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

Anyways, lets just stop arguing and wait for this tournament to start, there is no reason to start talking bad about each other for no reason :smileyhappy:

Good Luck to everyone, this tourney is going to be awesome! :smileyvery-happy:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 121 of 262 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4808 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

lII-Venom-lII wrote:
The players who complain that don't get their way will destroy this tournament.

Would be ironic if it did happen here.

Honestly though it should not happen at all in any tournament or competition. Regardless of who's hosting it.

The host should have fair practices in place to prevent future issues but the players should also understand the risks of taking part in competitions and prepare for if an unpredictable event takes place.

Please use plain text.
Message 122 of 262 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9825 posts

Apr 17, 2013

tack129 wrote:

lII-Venom-lII wrote:
The players who complain that don't get their way will destroy this tournament.

Would be ironic if it did happen here.

Honestly though it should not happen at all in any tournament or competition. Regardless of who's hosting it.

The host should have fair practices in place to prevent future issues but the players should also understand the risks of taking part in competitions and prepare for if an unpredictable event takes place.

AS much as I joke about drama, I do hope none happen, because tourneys with dramas suck.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 123 of 262 (376 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15653 posts

Apr 17, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:
It was a long process of this time or that time. We tested respawn times for a few weeks last summer and decided on 5 sec for OBJ for a couple of reasons. One of the biggest reasons was power weapon location/respawn times and making the game play faster. When BITS was taken out, there was large gaps in scores due to poor placement of KOH, the ridiculous Marked Man and TDM being in the middle. Once we changed it, everyone loved it so we stuck with it.

Not so much about balance, more about player enjoyment.

Not to mention that TO spawns, more than any other game type, seem to be far, far away from the action.  Having a couple seconds lead time helps a lot.

Please use plain text.
Message 124 of 262 (357 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1612 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

UlisesV wrote:
And to those of you talking bad about the actual competitive community of U3 it sure as hell seems to have done more than pretty much everyone (not trying to be a **bleep**)

Where has the Co-Op tournaments gone? Completely no where, not once in my entire time playing U3 have I heard "Oh my god I'm so hyped for AliMakiaveli's co-op challenges." (how ever the heck you spell his PSN)

As a matter of fact most people make fun of it, from Pub Stars, Average Joes, and Competitive Players.

This tourney ran by FN won't be as big of a joke as B2K's previous one. FN has done a completely better job to find balancing in the maps for every game mode, so it is fair for every team. As for B2K they just don't give one **bleep** about balancing.

"Not trying to sound like a **bleep**", but your response is completely ignorant and moronic. First of all, ND tried to throw U3's co-op community under a bus, but co-op players had made a bad situation into a good one by making successfully run co-op tournaments that has certainly got attention around the forums. People like AliMakaveli, Aureilia, Nanashi, Sleaze_ it_ up, and so on, had made co-op community events for people that love co-oop. Ali's in particular has been successfully run and its trailer was even shown on UCTV (I'll add that it had ZERO drama surrounding it). Obviously you had not seen the buzz around his co-oop tournament or the other ones as well, but it had great support by co-oop lovers and by people like myself, the type that would show support to any U3 player trying to create a sense of enjoyment for U3 players wanting to participate in U3 community events. So the u3 co-op tournaments were successful and it did go far even if you're ignorantly blind to it. 

Stop acting like the co-op tournament was ridiculed by a majority of players. The only player that bashed the co-op tournament in the forums was neverbelow and he made a horrible attempt at it. 

This is a very small community and events like Ali's and Fn/B2K have helped U3's community and it has gone far because it could be enjoyed by players with different preferences. So get your head out of your **bleep**. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 125 of 262 (339 Views)
Sackboy
473 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013
@neverbelow

Spawn times in Obj are 5 seconds so either team can get back in the game faster to play the objective.

For example, Breaking the Hill, Protecting/killing marked man, getting turfs, etc.

And what squid said..
Please use plain text.
Message 126 of 262 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9825 posts

Apr 17, 2013
@wais Actually never commented near the end of Ali's thourney about how there's a lack of drama in the whole tourney.

A favorable comment, meaning.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 127 of 262 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2127 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

I love this thread.

I get a chuckle every time I come on here and see people arguing.

I just step back and say, these guys are arguing whos better on a game that gives you RAINBOW GUNS, AND GUNS WITH PICTURES OF FREAKING PUPPIES ON THEM.

I really cant even believe how serious some people take a game that the developers came out and said "we want the game to be casual friendly".

***** why am I even on here I gots some rainbow guns to unlocks.

Next up.

Come on , one on one, one vs one, noob scared?

Uno contra uno!!!!!

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/291671682.png
Please use plain text.
Message 128 of 262 (273 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1955 posts

Apr 17, 2013
The only drama this event will have, will come from here.
http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Twitter: @TryceUp

EOR

USN 04-08
Please use plain text.
Message 129 of 262 (236 Views)
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

Apr 17, 2013
I can tell you, the UCL rules are fair and balanced to everyone. Squid and the other game directors did a fantastic job at figuring out the proper match setups. It's the game itself that might cause unbalance on some maps. Nothing can be done to that matter, but the tournament will not fail because of the rule set.

It's the match scheduling what concerns me the most. Remember why B2K tournament final was a huge fiasco? Because GET+ were not allowed to postpone the match. I really, really hope that we will see flexibility when it comes to scheduling matches, to be able to request a time change if life happens. Knowing FraggedNation, I have high hopes that these things will get sorted out professionally.

The blindfire is what it is, and there's only so much we can do about it. Removing the Blindfire Accuracy mod turned out to be an excellent move from FN staff once again. Of course it's still a major issue, but from what I have seen, people have been using a variety of different guns (AK, Dragon) other than the M9 with great success. I hope this tournament proves how effective a good aim can be.

For every competitive tournament with a prize on the line, there will be drama. I just hope this tournament minimizes that negative drama and gives the community a better view of the competition in Uncharted 3. I have my full faith on the organizers of the tournament, let's make this event something that people will remember. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 130 of 262 (357 Views)
0 Likes