Re: The KELEVRA Uncharted 3 CHALLENGE - Powered by GAMERMODZ & KELEVRA Corp

Apr 25, 2013
When are the first matches?

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 171 of 262 (536 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1958 posts

Apr 25, 2013
They "start" today but most will play Saturday/Sunday.
http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Twitter: @TryceUp

EOR

USN 04-08
Message 172 of 262 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Apr 25, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:
Lol? Who is Foku?

foukhillajazzman or something like that xD

He's not playing I don't think.. lol

Message 173 of 262 (516 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

Allright, here's my prediction:

First of all, top 8:

Top Bracket:
[FnxX]
[GET+]

Upper Middle Bracket:
[ mG ]
[FaS*]

Lower Middle Bracket:
[PrO_]
[De@D]

Bottom Bracket:
[Art*]
[ As ]

Top 4:

Upper Bracket:
[FnxX]
[FaS*]

Lower Bracket:
[De@D]
[Art*]

Finals:

[FaS*]
[Art*]

with FaS* winning the tournament.

Now for the explanations.

Because Barry and Triple both said their team would win, I will use the same right to make my team, FaS* the winner. I think we might one of the most unknown and underrated teams out there (at least for Muricans) and we hope to prove you wrong by taking the victory home.

Art* is always looking strong when it comes to playing competitive matches and tournaments. Especially now that they have the arguably easiest bracket to go with, I'm confident that Art* will plow their way to the finals with their experience and skills.

FnxX has a tough bracket, no doubt about that. I still think that they will get the right mood for this tournament, plowing C- and OmG! on the way and make it all the way up to semi-finals where they will be knocked down by FaS*.

De@D has a high potential to reach greatness in this tournament, especially now when abadeezy and sandropoli are on board. Their match against PrO_ will be one of the toughrst match-ups in the tournament, but I believe the key players I mentioned will make the dent for them.

mG is my 2nd favorite to win this tournament, just for looking at their recent FN matches and their first line-up, which is insanely talented. I am 109% confident that they will either win the tournament or get knocked down by FaS*.

GET+ is an interesting case. They are back with a strong line-up and shall not be underestimated. However, I think the long break they had from competitive play is going to affect their performance somehow, and FnxX's experience will be too much for them.

PrO_ is also back with a few new players and they are also looking strong. For some reason though, I don't see them beating De@D. I'm afraid PrO_ will have difficulties with teamwork, the team is full of fantastic individuals, but it takes more than that to be the best.

As has a rather easy bracket so I believe they will roll their way to top 8 and then get smacked by Art*. I don't really see them as a strong favorite.

A few notes of some teams:

Many might think why OmG! isn't in the top 8 of my list. Well, it's because they will be facing up against FnxX and they have not been playing UC3 competitively for a while now. I do hope that I'm wrong though, OmG! is one of my favorite teams and I certainly hope they can win an Uncharted 3 tournament.

Sk is one of the top teams in this tournament, that's for sure. They are facing a big problem though, they are going to have to play against FaS* and mG most likely. The departure of sandropoli is also a big slap in the face for them, that's why I don't believe they have a big chance at winning this tourney.

-SE is back from their hibernation after claiming the win from the B2K tournament, but they had bad luck with their draw and got faced up against team PrO_. While both of the teams are oozing with skill, -SE might suffer from the lack of practice and competition and be knocked down in the first round. 

Message 174 of 262 (514 Views)
Sackboy
605 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 26, 2013

Seeing that this should be the biggest thing to watch for of Uncharted 3 for the next few weeks, I went for the heck of it and did my own Challonge bracket predictions.

I had to spend 20 minutes looking the FN profile of each teams I didn't know and measure their skill based on their ranking and match-ups of one another if they played within this FN season. I pick mG as champions because they have the most momentum coming through this tournament being their 1st this season by some margin and have good wins against other top teams.

I'll also go out and a limbo and put -Zero- as a surprise finalist because they actually beat Art* earlier this season I checked so yeah. They might be one of the unknown, dark horses of the tourney. Although you (triple, Squid, Barry) viewed FnxX very highly to do well in the tournament during your shoutcasts, I actually disagree and have them lose to Bio Sock since they also have some good wins this season.

Lastly, I think PrO_ this tourney will beat Saudi Elite due to former lack of practise and that PrO_ has made a strong resurgence and even managed to beat OmG! this Winter Play Offs. 

My Quarter-Final Match Ups:

OmG!

vs 

GET+

Ideally, 2 to 3 seasons ago, this would be the dream matchup everyone wants to see between the two former best teams on UC3. But this time, it will best less competitive due to both teams coming in without much practise and preperation. However, I do say OmG! will win this due to their better teamwork and communication in Plunder and OBJ. 

mG

vs

Sk

Another fascinating encounter between the top 2 teams this season. The last minute clan hopping very recently might affect the result but I think mG will win this in a very close duel to the end.

PrO_

vs

-Zero-

I think people might be surprised with this but I'll just pick -Zero- as one of the teams that can make an upset towards the bracket and my personal pick to go all the way to Grand Finals. 

Art*

vs

DmXw

Art* owns this matchup. No offense to the other team. 

My Semi-Final:

OmG!

vs

mG

OmG!'s run end here. Sorry to them, even though I want them to win (they haven't won a single major FN tourney) this season, but their lack of match practise and activity in UC3 will show against a younger, more efficient team. They will test them but mG will end their run here. If this OmG! were still active a few seasons ago, they would've won this tournament but I guess not...

-Zero-

vs

Art*

Like I said before, Zero can make a great upset here and seeing they beat Art* before, I'm fancying my bold prediction.

GRAND FINAL:

mG

vs

-Zero-

Of course, mG wins as I stated earlier. I see this tournament to have a number of very exciting matches especially at the top half where it's totally stacked.

Lastly, Squid when organising the draws, couldn't you set-up through the rankings of this FN season as seeds and random out for the others?

Good luck to other teams! This is the first time I'll be involved in looking and predicting the competitive side of UC3, so it should be fun, going outside my comfort zone in seeing things from a casual point of view.

Message 175 of 262 (446 Views)
Gaming Beast
1836 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Will the matches be uploaded to youtube? If so, on which channel can I watch them?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 176 of 262 (425 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Apr 26, 2013

We'll probably upload all of our matches on our own channel. First match of Round 1 is already up, I'll update this post when the other matches are uploaded as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt3us7zJ2bY  (Plunder on Temple)

Message 177 of 262 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16330 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Tactician109 wrote:

Allright, here's my prediction:

Because Barry and Triple both said their team would win, I will use the same right to make my team, FaS* the winner. I think we might one of the most unknown and underrated teams out there (at least for Muricans) and we hope to prove you wrong by taking the victory home.

Tactician109 + some random dudes = WIN!  

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 178 of 262 (340 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3236 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Joe-Itz070 wrote:

Will the matches be uploaded to youtube? If so, on which channel can I watch them?

I'll be putting highlights of each round together on my channel, and it's likely many of the teams will upload their full matches too.

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 179 of 262 (326 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1082 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Ooo, I wanna play.

I've got the following quarters: (winners in bold)

OmG!

vs.

GET+

I expect OmG! to beat FnxX (who in turn will make the lightest work of Celsius), but not too easily. OmG! may be out of practice, but they've had an undefeated run this season, cutting their teeth on a variety of clans and culminating with beating some top teams (Art, DE@D) as recently as a month ago.

I thought our path to the QFs would be via Real Talent, but they might not have a team ready, which leaves Sir*2 and VMXC. Apart from handing a hilarious defeat to eMp, VMXC's run hasn't been very inspiring, and their best player Fabstar is also on OmG! so no idea if he'll be playing here. Still early days for us, but I expect the practice we're putting in to pay off.

Since last month, however, I haven't seen OmG! play, but I'm hoping that our more recent experience will let us pull through. Also, I'd like to reiterate that Celsius will lose very very very early in this quarter.

mG

vs.

Streak Nation

Top ranked team vs Previously top ranked team and tournament winners. Streak's lineup's changed a lot since then, and even though they're ranked 3, I don't see them beating the top team here. In fact, if I took some time to actually check the brackets before clicking on Streak a few times, I might've put Finnish All Stars in this match up. We've played them and they're quite good and if they can take out eMp along the way, they can definitely beat Streak.

mG I expect to get through just based on their record and enormous amount of practice. I don't really know much about the team.

Good players should get out of Celcius while the gettin's good.

True Skill

vs.

-Zero-

I don't know much about this quarter. I picked TS based on one or two seasons ago when they dominated, but some of their members have since joined other teams. Facing them is a pile of even poorer connections team of Brazilians. May the laggiest man win.

(If Celcius was in this quarter, they'd lose in round 1)

Art*

vs.

AllSTARS

Despite ajax's best efforts to sabotage the team, I expect Art* to have an easy run to the semis, and probably the finals.

SEMIFINALS

Art beats TS

and

GET+

vs.

mG

If this match was played today, mG would win. Thankfully, Celsius lol we have a few weeks to practice if we do end up going that far.

And if we do beat mG, I think we have a good shot at making barry hate us for another 6 months in the finals.

Message 180 of 262 (674 Views)