Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4133 posts

Re: [NEW VIDEOS 5/21] The $500 KELEVRA Uncharted 3 Tournament Challenge

[ Edited ]
Jun 4, 2013

Ak w/Accuracy is on par with the base M9 aiming wise and has a little more stopping power but gets destroyed in blindfire by any M9.

I prefer it because of the stopping power and slower reticle speed (because it matches the Para and G-mal so I can switch without adjustments). If am going to blindfire then I have to switch to my Para.

Please use plain text.
Message 231 of 262 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3863 posts

Jun 4, 2013

neverbelow wrote:

Ak w/Accuracy is on par with the base M9 aiming wise

Surely it's on par aiming wise with Jade's/Marlowe's etc M9 aswell?

Please use plain text.
Message 232 of 262 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4133 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Well yeah duh. Only RoF increases the M9's aimed effectiveness. Those character guns are the same but they have extra mods.
Please use plain text.
Message 233 of 262 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3863 posts

Jun 4, 2013

neverbelow wrote:
Well yeah duh. Only RoF increases the M9's aimed effectiveness. Those character guns are the same but they have extra mods.

increases? That depends on the distance I suppose. 

Would you not agree with Scope Zoom technically (although not physically) increasing aiming effectiveness? 

Please use plain text.
Message 234 of 262 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4133 posts

Jun 4, 2013
No I wouldn't because you can't actually kill someone faster with scope zoom than without it equipped. You can already scope zoom a little with the M9 anyway. It's not like adding scope zoom suddenly turns your m9 into a dragon or a gmal.
Please use plain text.
Message 235 of 262 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16135 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

TurkeyBacon41 wrote:
Well the booster back in the saddle is banned because of the fact that the spawn times are adjusted for all, and without the booster in play it frees up a slot for other second slot boosters. And on another note, that's rather pitiful that you don't play fn just because one boosters is banned.

You have misinterpreted the point: boosters are banned for no reason.  As neverbelow says, Back in the Saddle is a massive tactical advantage for use in Plunder, and, to a degree, in TO, because of the ability to sacrifice yourself, but get back in play.

Reducing the spawn time for everyone obviates it, and removes the decisions necessary.  What booster do I use in Plunder?  BitS or something else?  Well, that decision is taken away.

Removing game elements with no real, sound reason, ruins the integrity the game does have.  

I say again: would you remove Fleet Foot from the list?  So why remove BitS?   It evens the playing field for those not used to using it in Plunder.

What MOD decided this should no longer be stickied?  Has this forum completely lots any integrity it ever had?  The biggest event ever organised for the game, and it's dropped from sticky?

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) We're working on it.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Message 236 of 262 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4133 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

scootgar wrote:

Reducing the spawn time for everyone obviates it, and removes the decisions necessary.  What booster do I use in Plunder?  BitS or something else?  Well, that decision is taken away.

Agreed.

The irony is that the decision to remove BiTS as I understand it was to "promote booster variety". What variety is there? In public matches you will see BiTS, Teamsafe, or even Bargain on competent players. In every FN plunder match I've seen the competent players all wear Teamsafe. So much for variety.

What other second slot booster would anyone possibly want?

Power Hunter? Such a waste for Objectives.

Daredevil? Who has time to taunt in Objectives?

KickBack Enduraunce? Probably banned but it's pointless anyway.

Monkey Man? More enjoyable movement but honestly a huge waste.

Treasure Hunter? Yeah right.
Deposit? LOL

Ammo Award? LOLOLOL

Revenge? Banned

Bargain? Again, probably banned but pointless anyway

Buddy boosters? All banned

Negative Boosters? ....sure......

Please use plain text.
Message 237 of 262 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3863 posts

Jun 5, 2013

Normally one Power Hunter user is staple.

Please use plain text.
Message 238 of 262 (145 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Jun 5, 2013
Not sure why I feel compelled to reply but more playtime is a much bigger advantage than not getting stunned by grenades you could potentially avoid, as evidenced by everyone using BitS before the ban, and people using Power Hunter and Team Safe after. And since spawn time is something you can actually alter in the settings it does make for a more even playing field
Please use plain text.
Message 239 of 262 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4133 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 5, 2013

Agreed playtime is bigger advantage. I've said that BiTS is the best plunder booster over and over. I'm just arguing that there's really no booster variety and the fact that everyone still uses the same booster, Teamsafe, for all if not the majority of the match.

I could see 1 person using power hunter to keep track of the power weapons but I don't see any reason to use it 100% of the time. Just switch off midmatch. Even then I don't think it's necessary.

Please use plain text.
Message 240 of 262 (126 Views)