Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Re: The KELEVRA Uncharted 3 CHALLENGE - Powered by GAMERMODZ & KELEVRA Corp

Apr 17, 2013
^ This will happen inevitably.

Popcorn is cheap from me now, but once the first drama starts, I'm pricing it at 200.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 111 of 262 (264 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Apr 17, 2013
@Ulises

Co-op challenges aren't the co-op tourney I was talking about, but good try.

"Oh my god I'mso hyped about a bunch of people from a site I never heard of do TDM battles that look exactly like every TDM/Plunder/OBJ game I have!"

Sane goes for ALL tournaments, your reasoning.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 112 of 262 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11119 posts

Apr 17, 2013
@Ulises no need to explain what UCL rules are, anyone can clearly see UCL in the OP and if one does not know what UCL means, why post in this thread? But yeah this thread should be all about "good luck to everyone" and "nice to see you guys still run a torney after two years of release", but instead we have... this... :smileyindifferent:
Message 113 of 262 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Apr 17, 2013

renatabls wrote:
@Ulises no need to explain what UCL rules are, anyone can clearly see UCL in the OP and if one does not know what UCL means, why post in this thread? But yeah this thread should be all about "good luck to everyone" and "nice to see you guys still run a torney after two years of release", but instead we have... this... :smileyindifferent:

Isn't it cool? Even after two years, tournament threads still get the same replies!

Message 114 of 262 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4560 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Obj Respawn Time: 5 seconds

Obj Maps:
Facility
Yemen
Syria
Molten Ruins
Airstrip
London Underground
Plaza
Village
Sanctuary
Trainwreck
Fort
London Streets
Temple
Graveyard
Old Quarter

I would love to know the reasoning behind changing the respawn time to 5 seconds in OBJ. Was 7 seconds somehow unbalanced?

Message 115 of 262 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4560 posts

Apr 17, 2013

renatabls wrote:

I see no problem with him posting the rules. In fact, to foster a fair environment where rules aren't violated which would lead to conflict and DQs, I think it's in their best interest to have the rules available in every possible way so they don't have rule violations or DQs. It's way easier to have it posted here (even 10 pages into the thread) than to navigate to awful GUI of FN.

Message 116 of 262 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1958 posts

Apr 17, 2013
It was a long process of this time or that time. We tested respawn times for a few weeks last summer and decided on 5 sec for OBJ for a couple of reasons. One of the biggest reasons was power weapon location/respawn times and making the game play faster. When BITS was taken out, there was large gaps in scores due to poor placement of KOH, the ridiculous Marked Man and TDM being in the middle. Once we changed it, everyone loved it so we stuck with it.

Not so much about balance, more about player enjoyment.
http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Twitter: @TryceUp

EOR

USN 04-08
Message 117 of 262 (224 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4560 posts

Apr 17, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:
It was a long process of this time or that time. We tested respawn times for a few weeks last summer and decided on 5 sec for OBJ for a couple of reasons. One of the biggest reasons was power weapon location/respawn times and making the game play faster. When BITS was taken out, there was large gaps in scores due to poor placement of KOH, the ridiculous Marked Man and TDM being in the middle. Once we changed it, everyone loved it so we stuck with it.

Not so much about balance, more about player enjoyment.

That makes sense. If it seemed to work better for the mode then it was smart. Thanks for the explaination.

Message 118 of 262 (221 Views)
Survivor
1958 posts

Apr 17, 2013
👍
http://us.playstation.com/ambassadorprogram/terms-and-conditions/

Twitter: @TryceUp

EOR

USN 04-08
Message 119 of 262 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Apr 17, 2013

UlisesV wrote:
And to those of you talking bad about the actual competitive community of U3 it sure as hell seems to have done more than pretty much everyone (not trying to be a **bleep**)

Where has the Co-Op tournaments gone? Completely no where, not once in my entire time playing U3 have I heard "Oh my god I'm so hyped for AliMakiaveli's co-op challenges." (how ever the heck you spell his PSN)

As a matter of fact most people make fun of it, from Pub Stars, Average Joes, and Competitive Players.

This tourney ran by FN won't be as big of a joke as B2K's previous one. FN has done a completely better job to find balancing in the maps for every game mode, so it is fair for every team. As for B2K they just don't give one **bleep** about balancing.

That was Unnessesary. I know a ot of people who loved the Co-Op Tourney's, and everyone who competed in them had a lot of fun. And now we have 2 Co-Op Tourney with Prizes, and they are awesome.

I liked how B2K's Tourney was run. The only issues in it were caused by the players, and B2K did what needed to be done in their tourney. They handled everything professionally, and in the end they stuck to their word. It wouldn't have mattered what the outcome was, people would've been mad at them either way.

I guess everyone has their own opinions :smileywink:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 120 of 262 (401 Views)