Fender Bender
2477 posts

Re: The KELEVRA Uncharted 3 CHALLENGE - Powered by GAMERMODZ & KELEVRA Corp

Apr 11, 2013

scootgar wrote:
Gonna see if the **bleep** talkers can stand up to their own rhetoric this time.

I'll be buying some of that popcorn.

Only took a year and a half for sponsors.

Good luck, looking forward to drama.

What am i missing?

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 21 of 262 (909 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Apr 11, 2013

See it is people like you who ruin the community. Waiting for drama? You want more crap to occur so you can be amused? Grow up dude. You want the community to be cut into two different fueding sides again? Hahaha you sit here on the forums and speak  where you feel fit to say something but it seems to me that you are one of the members of the community shouldnt be speaking at all of you are choosing to speak in that manner. You are the type of people who start drama. You are and will always be part of an audience and never have the chance to get on the stage. 

Message 22 of 262 (901 Views)
Uncharted Territory
990 posts

Apr 11, 2013

ohhhhh.jpg

Well said.

Message 23 of 262 (882 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Apr 11, 2013
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!

You guys are the reason why he/she is still posting here.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 24 of 262 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Apr 11, 2013
Also, @ComedicGenius, Quick Question:
Do you know if ProceedToWeep will have any more videos soon?

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 25 of 262 (704 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1848 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 11, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:
OBJ/Plunder/TDM rotation.
- I will provide all the rules in this thread once we confirm them
- “All matches will be provided in a central location” means there will be a page/website that will host all of the team videos that are submitted, so it’s easier to find them all in one go. (I wish to hell I could give you a LAN)
- On the Kelevra page there is a link that explains how to create a team and join a tourney on FraggedNation. It’s idiot proof, even Barryhains can read it.
- GAMERMODZ (www.gamermodz.com) is the sponsor, therefore they are providing the cash prize. Kelevra is the secondary sponsor w/ FraggedNation hosting it.
- You can use any email you want. We are using an email system to keep analytics for the sponsor as potential to enhance the future of UC competitions. Consider it a “reservation” to get in. If we get more than 32, we will open the event to 64. 64 is the MAX. First come, first serve.

Good work squid. I think we should take it as a positive thing that even in this late stage of the games life, a tournament with sponsors is possible.

As far as I'm concerned this is all preparation for UC4. 

Ugh this thread is so childish. Competitive players, you can't expect other people to give a **bleep** about a tournament just because you do. Which leads me onto something that is lacking in UC3 and is probably the reason the competitive scene is met with such hostility and sarcasm. 

What do Uncharted tournaments offer to the people watching them? I'm tellng you now I can watch COD MLG Dallas, GOW:A, Starcraft, counterstrike and really enjoy them for one simple reason. They have really good shoutcasters/commentators and it makes watching those matches exciting and entertaining. 

Commentators know the game inside out, they know about the players, they know the backstory of the teams, they can describe what's happening in the match, they sell the idea of why this is something worth watching.

I watch UC clan matches because I need to keep on top of the tactics, strategies and weapon preferences. I don't find them enjoyable to watch though because it's just a random FN match with zero context. Is it any wonder the only interesting thing about Uncharted tournaments is when something goes wrong and creates a drama?

Competitive players if you want people to be interested in the tournament, **bleep** and go practice some more. Your job is to put on a show.

If anyone here wants to bridge the gap between these two factions and increase the viewership of tournaments, outside of the small group who are actually playing in them, then go practice at commentating.

Watch Squid & LowestDepths, Big2KREW and if you want to see someone I think has improved dramatically in recent months, stop by Uncharted106's youtube channel. Whether he knows it or not his "Owned" youtube series has improved his shoutcasting skills a ton.

Now if you will excuse me I need to go finish Uncharted Thoughts Ep.10

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Message 26 of 262 (700 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

Apr 11, 2013

The demeanor of some of the "casual, for fun newbie" players towards the so-called "competitive, huge ego trashtalkers" players is laughably ironic. I've seen both sides of the community at their worst and the condescension really goes both ways. Neither "side" is completely innocent.

In all honesty, though, I don't see why there needs to be a split between the community in the first place. Why can't players want to be competitive AND be playing for fun at the same time?

My thought is this: if watching or participating in a higher level of competitive play interests you, this tournament is probably for you. If you're just here to see "drama" and laugh about how much smarter and more cultured you are than the people participating, then you're going to be sorely disappointed. Go turn on your TV and catch the latest reality show trash, we don't need you.

Message 27 of 262 (578 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5921 posts

Apr 11, 2013

duke_of_platypus wrote:

Perhaps this accidental perception of it being TDM only is coming from some subconcious prenotion that TDM is th only competitive format. I dunno, I don't see anything about TDM only in the original post, and it's UCL rules = the big 3 game modes.   

Good luck to those participating.

This is a common misconception among Uncharted "competitive" players. Deathmatch is actually one of the least competitive game modes. On the competitive scene of most other shooting games, Deathmatch isn't even a thing. You're more likely to see stuff like Domination, Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, bomb planting/defusal, etc.

Message 28 of 262 (570 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1848 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 11, 2013

pdiss88 wrote:

This is a common misconception among Uncharted "competitive" players. Deathmatch is actually one of the least competitive game modes. On the competitive scene of most other shooting games, Deathmatch isn't even a thing. You're more likely to see stuff like Domination, Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, bomb planting/defusal, etc.

I may get some stick for this but whatever.

Uncharted 3 has the most distorted idea of what objectives modes are, which makes it hard to take seriously imo.

Can you imagine COD with a flag that randomly spawns at various places on the map, which is sometimes closer to one base than the other? Plunder was just an offshoot on the UC2 objective cluster and it shows.

UC3 Objective mode where it selects the gametype at random. Once again it's a complete lottery on what team will get the advantage. If you get equally matched teams it effectively leaves who wins in the hands of the game. Treasure hunter is a joke because if it spawns next to one team then you might as well wait till the next round. It seems the only thing you can predict in objective is where the king of the hill will move next.

If we had straight up Domination, Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, bomb planting/defusal in UC3 then I would agree. But since Plunder and Objective don't seem balanced at all, it gives more weight to tdm.

In other games the modes are balanced so you feel like you're watching two teams on an equal footing. UC3 feels like it has three teams, you have your two teams battling it out and then an invisible entity that randomly favours one team over the other at different stages of the match. I shouldn't be thinking after the match "oh that team won but show me where the king of the hill spawned first, show me where the treasure spawned, show me if the mode changed and marked a guy who was about to die anyway?"

For me tdm is still the dominant mode because the teams have control over their fate and it's not decided for them by the game. It seems as far as UC3 objective modes, we're making the best of what we have. Would anyone truly choose these bizarre creations over traditional objective modes?

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Message 29 of 262 (853 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Apr 12, 2013

No tournament yet, and my popcorn's selling like crazy! I knew I made a sound investment!

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 30 of 262 (813 Views)
0 Likes