Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 29 2013
By: The_PC_Gamer First Son 12 posts

Nathan Fillion not planning to star in Uncharted movie

31 replies 364 views Edited Apr 29, 2013

During the Calgary Expo 2013 over the weekend, Nathan Fillion has said in his Q&A sessions that there are no plans for the actor to become Nathan Drake in the upcoming Uncharted film.

http://www.newgamenetwork.com/news/6274/nathan-fillion-not-planning-to-star-in-uncharted-movie/

Message 1 of 32 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10077 posts

Re: Nathan Fillion not planning to star in Uncharted movie

Apr 29, 2013

The_PC_Gamer wrote:

During the Calgary Expo 2013 over the weekend, Nathan Fillion has said in his Q&A sessions that there are no plans for the actor to become Nathan Drake in the upcoming Uncharted film.

http://www.newgamenetwork.com/news/6274/nathan-fillion-not-planning-to-star-in-uncharted-movie/

That's great! How about we use the real voice actor for Nathan Drake instead of using some proxy guy?

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 2 of 32 (356 Views)
Sackboy
311 posts

Apr 29, 2013

The_PC_Gamer wrote:

A shame. I think he would be the perfect choice. His comic timing and delivery is outstanding and perfectly suited to the type of dialogue Drake has in the games. Doesn't hurt that he looks the part, too. 

Can't at all see Mark Wahlberg in the role. "Now I'm gonna talk to a Guardian. Hey Guardian, what's up? You're blue, I like that, Guardian. Sometimes I feel blue. Say hi to your mother for me."

Message 3 of 32 (334 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10077 posts

Apr 29, 2013
Are you serious. Nobody thinks Nolan North should play Nate? The guy who voiced him ALL the time? The guy who also did his mocap?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 4 of 32 (320 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7095 posts

Apr 29, 2013

I do :smileyvery-happy: I like Noley Northy

Sleep Matt signature
Message 5 of 32 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Apr 29, 2013

I can't think of any actor that looks like Drake more than Eddie Cibrian. 

Message 6 of 32 (308 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7095 posts

Apr 29, 2013

I think Uncharted is best served as CG and not live-action IMO......I think they should make a movie just like they make the movies in the game with the same actors and maybe some A-Lister like Samuel L. Jackson or someone we would recognize by hearing the voice

Sleep Matt signature
Message 7 of 32 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10077 posts

Apr 29, 2013
If any of the UC characters aren't played by any of the voice actors (all of which did actual shows, meaning they already have stage presence worked out as well), I'll instantly rate the movie as 2/10, or 0/5.
Message 8 of 32 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2079 posts

Apr 29, 2013
Has casting even started yet? Last I heard there isn't even a finshed script.

Also I'd like to see the voice actors play their roles, but... The studio wouldn't allow it. Big names or no movie, that's how things work, if you don't have a huge star in the movie then the people who are unfamiliar with Uncharted won't be as interested. Also, Nolan North and Claudia Black are both in their early 40's, they both look young and I could believe they are in their 30's, but 20's might be pushing it. But it could work if they don't start at UDF, and maybe make a movie based on UC3.

Emily Rose might have a chance at the role for Elena, but it depends, they probably want some A-lister instead. :/
Pepsi
Message 9 of 32 (287 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Apr 29, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
If any of the UC characters aren't played by any of the voice actors (all of which did actual shows, meaning they already have stage presence worked out as well), I'll instantly rate the movie as 2/10, or 0/5.

Wouldn't 2/10 be 1/5...?! :smileytongue:

Anyway, I always considered Nathan Fillion as the perfect man for this role. Nolan North has the voice but not the look to be a star in such a movie (just my opinion though).

But I'm not really interested in an Uncharted movie anyway...

Message 10 of 32 (282 Views)
0 Likes