Uncharted Territory
1674 posts

Re: Naughty Dog, Add a New Color Palette. Please .

Aug 17, 2012

SteepMatt wrote:

i definitely support this Smiley Very Happy add new colors or no uc4!!!! (i mean i wont buy uc4 if there even is an uc4)

Well that's a little drastic lol.  I'll still buy U4. Of course I'll be incredibly **bleep** if there aren't better colors in U4 (IF it will have multiplayer)

Message 71 of 83 (239 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7341 posts

Aug 17, 2012

RaiXku wrote:

DominantDude wrote:

Asraik wrote:

scoobycool wrote:

From the August Q&A:

Q: Is it possible to give us brighter color palettes for Pre-existing items/characters? Why not just add Harry Flynn's palette to all characters/items?

A: Yes, it’s possible with some catches. We designed the colors to be what they are so that it’s easier to distinguish between Hero and Villain characters. By and large, Villains have a darker color palette while Heroes have a brighter one. Since the community seems to want color schemes that are aesthetically brighter we’ve been looking into if this will be possible in a future patch. It’s technically possible but the palette might not change because we want to keep the delineation between Hero and Villain there.

Naughty Dog why do you care so much for the noobs that play this game? It seems as if you're worried that newcomers to the game will not be able to tell Heroes and Villains apart.

I don't even understand this answer. You guys added new character customization in 1.13, and you can use the same exact head items for Heroes and Villains. Therefore noobs can easily confuse Heroes and Villains lmfao. The Shade items for Custom Hero and Villains are also exactly the same. Not to mention that you can also play as the Djinn on both Heroes and Villains, and you can wear Spyder's items on both Custom Heroes and Villains.

Yet you guys won't add a better color palette for the characters to avoid confustion between Heroes and Villains, even though you are already confusing the noobs with the same customization being on both Villain and Hero characters? Makes no sense. I mean, there ARE Red and Green name tags you know. (Red and Blue name tags for color-blind people) It's pretty easy to distinguish Heroes and Villains just from that. I don't even pay attention to the clothes to tell Heroes and Villains apart, I just look to see if they have a Red name tag next to their name.

Also you say that you want Heroes to have brighter colors and Villains darker colors? So, how about giving the Heroes bright Blue, Red, Green, etc, as they are all bright colors which is exactly what you want Heroes to have.

..At the very least, you can give us a new color palette for Heroes.

The real answer: We are too lazy.

A variation to that answer:  We don't want to.

A variation of both: We are too lazy and don't want to

variation of all 3 : we cant do this because villians have dark colors and heroes have light colors yet we made flynn with light colors because hes more on the good side.......

Sleep Matt signature
Message 72 of 83 (235 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7341 posts

Aug 17, 2012

scoobycool wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

i definitely support this Smiley Very Happy add new colors or no uc4!!!! (i mean i wont buy uc4 if there even is an uc4)

Well that's a little drastic lol.  I'll still buy U4. Of course I'll be incredibly **bleep** if there aren't better colors in U4 (IF it will have multiplayer)

yea lol im just exagerrating but i really wouldnt buy it if theres no mp

Sleep Matt signature
Message 73 of 83 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Aug 18, 2012
DON'T GIVE THEM THAT IDEA!!!!!!!!

Message 74 of 83 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1674 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 18, 2012

THE_HUNTER_1399 wrote:
DON'T GIVE THEM THAT IDEA!!!!!!!!

What idea? Smiley Indifferent

Quoting the post you're replying to really helps sometimes.

Message 75 of 83 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
62 posts

Aug 18, 2012

hey drake how about a red shirt for your birthday??

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9696/62065675.png

Message 76 of 83 (168 Views)
Splicer
62 posts

Aug 18, 2012
OF making u pay for more colors

Message 77 of 83 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
636 posts

Aug 18, 2012

come on guys keep kudoing this Smiley Very Happy hopefully this grabs nds attention on monday

Message 78 of 83 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1674 posts

Aug 18, 2012

THE_HUNTER_1399 wrote:

hey drake how about a red shirt for your birthday??

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9696/62065675.png

50 Shades of Green: The Video Game!

Message 79 of 83 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1674 posts

Aug 20, 2012

THE_HUNTER_1399 wrote:
OF making u pay for more colors

Yeah that would be another poor move by Naughty Dog. But I won't lie, if it comes to it, I WOULD pay for new colors.

Message 80 of 83 (120 Views)
0 Likes