Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
458 posts

I would assume Daredevil does not apply to OHKO/power wea...

Jun 11, 2011

free2play27 wrote:

Does Daredevil apply to power weapons as well?

Daredevil - When you taunt over a defeated opponent, you get extra ammo.

Because it usually takes only one shot to kill enemies while carrying an RPG (unless you're really bad or unlucky,) so can a player just rinse and repeat with this booster on? And if they run out of ammo on the RPG, can they use their secondary to defeat an opponent and still get a rocket back? (If your secondary is a Desert-5 it shouldn't be too hard.)

It will be even more obnoxious when they taunt over my body to get their rocket back. :smileysad:

I would assume Daredevil does not apply to OHKO/power weapons (for balance reasons). Although you never know, remember you can level up each booster multiple times.

Message 21 of 30 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1390 posts

Yeah, they revealed the progression for that booster in t...

Jun 11, 2011

REALMAN_PERSON wrote:

free2play27 wrote:

Does Daredevil apply to power weapons as well?

Daredevil - When you taunt over a defeated opponent, you get extra ammo.

Because it usually takes only one shot to kill enemies while carrying an RPG (unless you're really bad or unlucky,) so can a player just rinse and repeat with this booster on? And if they run out of ammo on the RPG, can they use their secondary to defeat an opponent and still get a rocket back? (If your secondary is a Desert-5 it shouldn't be too hard.)

It will be even more obnoxious when they taunt over my body to get their rocket back. :smileysad:

I would assume Daredevil does not apply to OHKO/power weapons (for balance reasons). Although you never know, remember you can level up each booster multiple times.

Yeah, they revealed the progression for that booster in this video, but it might change.

Daredevil:

• When you taunt over a defeated opponent, receive extra ammo.
  • When you taunt over a defeated opponent, receive a grenade.
  • When you taunt over a defeated opponent, receive extra ammo and a grenade.

I don't know...I probably would've done it differently...

Scavenger: 

• Every bullet that hit's an enemy has a small chance to be added back as ammo.
  •  See the location of nearby power weapons.
  •  Pick up grenades from enemy corpses.

* I would say that this is balanced. Weaker weapons typically have more bullets to go round, while power weapons only have a handful. So if every bullet that hits an enemy has (let's say) a 25% chance to be added back as ammo, an AK-47 would receive an extra bullet for every 4 bullets that hit an enemy, (which greatly increases it's ammo) while an RPG/Sniper/Hammer might only receive 2-3 extra bullets in it's lifetime.

* Kind've "nooby" but not really that useful when you think about it. Saw it in a gameplay video and you have to be pretty close and looking in the direction of the weapon to see it's marker. Plus, it fits the name of a scavenger.

* Ammo pickup is automatic in Uncharted 3, so when you walk over an opponent you defeated, you automatically receive a grenade.

IMPORTANT!
Overall...to address the issues in this WHOLE THREAD. It would be great if Naughty Dog implemented something so they could still tweak the boosters after the game ships out! (Remember in Uncharted 2, they could tweak player spawn locations, weapon spawn locations, player health, weapon damage, etc.) This way we could see booster variations in the lab and if a certain booster becomes a problem (erhrm...SA...) it can be balanced while the game is live.
Will screaming at the television affect my team's chance of winning?
Message 22 of 30 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Concerning Power Plays, I think it would be a good idea t...

Jun 11, 2011

Concerning Power Plays, I think it would be a good idea that there only be one or two power plays per match, and that if the losing team manages to catch up to the winning team before the power play is over, the power play should immediately stop regardless of how much time is left in that power play.

Message 23 of 30 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4829 posts

I think this would be a much better system in terms of re...

Jun 11, 2011

tapantaola wrote:

@pdiss88

I'll quote a former post of me:

tapantaola wrote:

Regional locks/filters aren't the best solution and sometimes players abuse them (KZ3 comes to mind).

I would prefer a more sophisticated matchmaking algorithm, which would take into account many parameters (i.e. lag relative to other players, UL speed, NAT Type and UPnP status, ethernet or wifi connection etc.)

Furthermore, there are some neighbouring countries which belong in entirely different continents.

For example: Greece (Europe), Egypt (Africa), Turkey (Asia).

I think this would be a much better system in terms of reducing lag than to flat out region lock.

That and region locking will  make it harder for players to find matches.

Message 24 of 30 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

OK, let's say we had a region filter on a continent basis....

Jun 12, 2011

pdiss88 wrote:

Eugenides wrote:

I'm willing to bet that the majority of the population is much more concerned with having a minimal or lag-free experience than the potential to meet cool players every once in a while.

Not to mention that it's impossible to play as a random and strategize with your teammates since 90% of the time you won't even be speaking the same language due to lack of region filtering. Just one of the plethora of reasons I always play in a full party. My guess is that Ryan is concerned that he won't be able to play with his foreign friends that he met externally (i.e. not through the UC2 matchmaking system) which is almost never the case in region-filtered games.

OK, let's say we had a region filter on a continent basis... what about Europe for example, which has dozens of languages?

I don't agree with a region filter/lock (for different reasons though), so I'll repeat myself: give us a better matchmaking algorithm. We ALL want less lag. I am just proposing the best and least-obtrusive solution IMHO.

ps: Also, randoms rarely ever use a mic. So, the language barrier should be the least of your concerns when you play alone.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 25 of 30 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
453 posts

Another idea I was thinking about was, What actually make...

Jun 12, 2011

Another idea I was thinking about was, What actually makes a multiplayer game really popular and long-lived?

I think one of the most important properties would be competitiveness. I know this isnt even a shooter game, but smash bros melee was the most popular series in the franchise and there were tourneys for it everywhere even years after its release. The reason being was that it was a very competitive game.

The direction ND seems to wants to go it less competitive, and I think that might actually attract less players or fail to keep new players interested for very long. Just my two cents.

Message 26 of 30 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

I agree. UC2 was very competitive prior to 1.05. Gamebatt...

Jun 12, 2011

Reckless87o wrote:

Another idea I was thinking about was, What actually makes a multiplayer game really popular and long-lived?

I think one of the most important properties would be competitiveness. I know this isnt even a shooter game, but smash bros melee was the most popular series in the franchise and there were tourneys for it everywhere even years after its release. The reason being was that it was a very competitive game.

The direction ND seems to wants to go it less competitive, and I think that might actually attract less players or fail to keep new players interested for very long. Just my two cents.

I agree. UC2 was very competitive prior to 1.05. Gamebattles was quite active and there were a lot of good teams. If UC3 has classic playlists and lots of custom options there's a high chance it'll be very successful competitively.

Message 27 of 30 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1848 posts

UC3 seems to be pushing exp points for whatever you do wh...

Jun 12, 2011

UC3 seems to be pushing exp points for whatever you do whether it's co op or multiplayer. The game feels more like the competive side is dead because it's all about filling up the level meter rather than get better at the game. What I mean by that is that focus is on grinding matches for points instead of improving your skill and working as a team.

The only way it would be competive is if they took out all that leveling and went to it's core which I think is like the Quake formula. Map, guns around the map, none customizable players and a leaderboard. The more basic and streamlined the classic mode the more competitive it will be imo.

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Message 28 of 30 (15 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
9117 posts

Well, the one thing about that is we don't know how exact...

Jun 12, 2011

PeteX19 wrote:

UC3 seems to be pushing exp points for whatever you do whether it's co op or multiplayer. The game feels more like the competive side is dead because it's all about filling up the level meter rather than get better at the game. What I mean by that is that focus is on grinding matches for points instead of improving your skill and working as a team.

The only way it would be competive is if they took out all that leveling and went to it's core which I think is like the Quake formula. Map, guns around the map, none customizable players and a leaderboard. The more basic and streamlined the classic mode the more competitive it will be imo.

Well, the one thing about that is we don't know how exactly the level system works, nor what the overall cap is right now. It could be balanced, in terms of exp, once we know those details altogether. At least that's what I keep reminding myself.

As long as they don't randomly raise the level cap to insurmountable heights one day, just because a "handful" of maxed-out players wanted "more of a challenge". :smileyindifferent:

Message 29 of 30 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1848 posts

It's the fact that the focus is playing matches, to fill...

Jun 12, 2011

Eugenides wrote:

PeteX19 wrote:

Well, the one thing about that is we don't know how exactly the level system works, nor what the overall cap is right now. It could be balanced, in terms of exp, once we know those details altogether. At least that's what I keep reminding myself.

As long as they don't randomly raise the level cap to insurmountable heights one day, just because a "handful" of maxed-out players wanted "more of a challenge". :smileyindifferent:

It's the fact that the focus is playing matches, to fill the level meter, to unlock stuff and then feel like you have achieved something. Competitive play has nothing to do with leveling up, it's about concentrating on improving your weak areas, watching better players and learning tactics to work as a team. These are things that only the player knows and can't be shown through medals etc.

None of the beta videos I have seen show any kind of competive element it's just about tapping into that leveling high. A leveling high is nothing compared to working your ass off practicing with a team and then winning against an equally skilled team.

This competitive type of play has died in most shooters now and it's usually down to the communities to bring it back. I read about a mode COD players created in custom to make it more competitive and I think that's awesome. I don't feel like ND is catering for this type of game anymore and it will be down to the community and clans to set these things up.

I've even got to the point of thinking even if we get a classic mode in UC3 it probably wont be exactly how we wanted it. Best thing we can hope for is a ton of custom tools so we can do it ourselves.

Uncharted & The Last of Us Tutorials

www.youtube.com/user/SyncingShip
Message 30 of 30 (15 Views)
0 Likes