Fender Bender
3412 posts

Re: Naughty Dog, fix the friggin mega bomb!

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

Dude I so agree Mega Bomb has been my Kickback for over a year & I hate the increased fuse time, plus with the reduced blast radius it sometimes useless. ND listened to a few whiny try hards who were peeved they couldn't escape a death & simply ruined Mega Bomb. And of-course they won't revert the change because they have a problem manning up whenever they mess up.

Message 11 of 87 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Nov 18, 2013

bigpretty23 wrote:
Regardless of when I throw it, wall bounce it, poop it out, the timer is still the same.

I thought as soon as the nade touched a wall the timer would start?

Message 12 of 87 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 18, 2013
I thought so too. Is that not the point of Bank N' Boom.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 13 of 87 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Nov 18, 2013
Go ahead and try it out. Wall bounce or just throwing at someone's feet makes no difference anymore. Still has the same timer
Message 14 of 87 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3412 posts

Nov 18, 2013

renatabls wrote:

bigpretty23 wrote:
Regardless of when I throw it, wall bounce it, poop it out, the timer is still the same.

I thought as soon as the nade touched a wall the timer would start?

This would be the case if the Mega Bomb still had the throwback feature which it doesn't. It now has a set fuse timer. And what he says is true.

Message 15 of 87 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Nov 18, 2013
...........weird I've been getting more kills with mega bomb Smiley Happy
Maybe it's just a coinsedence Smiley Very Happy
Join my clan TAGC. I play black ops 2, uncharted 3 and FIFA 13.
Message 16 of 87 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Nov 18, 2013

There have been many, many changes to UC3 that negatively affect MY enjoyment of the game but I generally keep my mouth shut if I can see the greater value for the game/community.  For instance, I LOATHE the blind firing (BF) mechanic but I recognize and accept that it is there for a purpose.  Needless to say, I was thrilled that BF’s effectiveness was reduced with the last patch and while I haven’t played a lot of competitive matches since the patch, I trust (and hope) that reliance on BF by experienced players has dropped.

I think it does us (the community) a disservice when changes are made to the game we love that no one seems to want, the reasons for which are not well understood or that appear to cater to a vocal minority.  The booster slot changes seem to be almost universally disliked (perhaps in this case, we are that vocal minority, I don’t know) and I for one do not understand the rationale behind them.  If an official statement from ND on the reasoning behind the changes was released, I must have missed it.  If there was, I’d appreciate someone posting it.  I don’t expect ND to explain all their decisions (or even most of them) but with something like this, assuming there is a logical rationale, why not say so?  If not in this case, perhaps a little more often?

So…onto the Mega Bomb.  I personally don’t use them, I get killed by them often enough to find them annoying AND even I don’t support this nerf.  This is the way I look at it…the pre-patch Mega Bomb was not considered overpowered when it could be thrown back but now that it CAN’T be turned on the player/team that EARNED it (and arguably, it now better fulfills its intended purpose of providing an advantage), it is nerfed?  Makes no sense to me.

The Mega Bomb nerf actually benefits ME since my strategy has always been to evade grenades rather than throw them back.  The reason?....I suck at throwback so even with TeamSafe on (pretty much an absolute necessity for me in coop AND comp because I can’t stand even the possibility of killing teammates needlessly) I’ll more than likely kill or down myself with a thrown back grenade.  At least with evasion, I know where the grenade is…it is a “known quantity” because my ability to throw grenades back is so poorly developed.

As will all things, I expect ND will move forward.  Patch 1.18 was overwhelmingly positive (in my view), especially since they were able to fix the stacking issue.  So while I still don’t support the booster slot change, I’ll live with it and move on.  For those that want the Mega Bomb nerf reversed, I support you but reluctantly concede that it likely will not be. Smiley Sad

Message 17 of 87 (361 Views)
Fender Bender
3412 posts

Nov 18, 2013

@Captain good post as usual man. 

This is the only 'explanation' we have gotten about the booster changes. 

This answer was given by Robert Cogburn which really didn't explain anything tbh.

Question: "I just wanted to say thank you for getting me back into games. I've always loved games since NES. I bought a ps3 because of Uncharted 3's release and played countless hours on my friends Uncharted 2, you guys are the best, and you're in control of the best multiplayer experience there is- if I could ask one thing to have answered right now it would be, what's the detailed motivation behind switching load out booster slots?"

Answer: "Man... overall we felt the distribution of boosters before hand didn't offer a weighty enough choice. There were also a few combinations a bit powerful - Bargain with Explosive Expert is one that comes to mind."

Message 18 of 87 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Nov 18, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

There have been many, many changes to UC3 that negatively affect MY enjoyment of the game but I generally keep my mouth shut if I can see the greater value for the game/community.  For instance, I LOATHE the blind firing (BF) mechanic but I recognize and accept that it is there for a purpose.  Needless to say, I was thrilled that BF’s effectiveness was reduced with the last patch and while I haven’t played a lot of competitive matches since the patch, I trust (and hope) that reliance on BF by experienced players has dropped.

I think it does us (the community) a disservice when changes are made to the game we love that no one seems to want, the reasons for which are not well understood or that appear to cater to a vocal minority.  The booster slot changes seem to be almost universally disliked (perhaps in this case, we are that vocal minority, I don’t know) and I for one do not understand the rationale behind them.  If an official statement from ND on the reasoning behind the changes was released, I must have missed it.  If there was, I’d appreciate someone posting it.  I don’t expect ND to explain all their decisions (or even most of them) but with something like this, assuming there is a logical rationale, why not say so?  If not in this case, perhaps a little more often?

So…onto the Mega Bomb.  I personally don’t use them, I get killed by them often enough to find them annoying AND even I don’t support this nerf.  This is the way I look at it…the pre-patch Mega Bomb was not considered overpowered when it could be thrown back but now that it CAN’T be turned on the player/team that EARNED it (and arguably, it now better fulfills its intended purpose of providing an advantage), it is nerfed?  Makes no sense to me.

The Mega Bomb nerf actually benefits ME since my strategy has always been to evade grenades rather than throw them back.  The reason?....I suck at throwback so even with TeamSafe on (pretty much an absolute necessity for me in coop AND comp because I can’t stand even the possibility of killing teammates needlessly) I’ll more than likely kill or down myself with a thrown back grenade.  At least with evasion, I know where the grenade is…it is a “known quantity” because my ability to throw grenades back is so poorly developed.

As will all things, I expect ND will move forward.  Patch 1.18 was overwhelmingly positive (in my view), especially since they were able to fix the stacking issue.  So while I still don’t support the booster slot change, I’ll live with it and move on.  For those that want the Mega Bomb nerf reversed, I support you but reluctantly concede that it likely will not be. Smiley Sad

Which is just a shame since the increased timer and blast radius were changed after 1.18 with a live update. They could easily change it back to at least the older timer. Hell, please put the throw back capability back so I can at least get an advantage with a wall bounce.

I agree with you man, overall patch 1.18 was very well done. But as usual for some unexplained reason, things get changed that seem NO ONE ever requested. I have adjusted to the booster change, so its no biggie. I would like TS back in slot 2, but I can live without it being there. But like many others, I have been using Mega Bomb for nearly my beginning of playing U3. As my skill improved so did my use of the kickback. I would sometimes hold the mega bomb until nearly the end of the match or until I knew I was gaurenteed to get 2 plus kills.

Like I said in another thread, I know how to use the Mega Bomb. I was very, very good at assuring it couldn't be thrown back and was gauranteed a few kills. Now, its a crap shoot. Like in the other thread I gave the example of Old Quarter. How the other team had enough time to see it coming, think of which way to run, then ran and didn't die. Before the patch, I would hit that top wall, it drops, boom, double down or triple. Now, they have time to see it hit the wall and either run down the stairs, or over the wall.

Message 19 of 87 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7549 posts

Nov 18, 2013

The Mega Bomb was nerfed because people were asking for it to be nerfed as it explodes too early. The timer is started when it is on the floor that is correct.

Sleep Matt signature
Message 20 of 87 (338 Views)
0 Likes