Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 14 2013
By: FromTheDutch Uncharted Territory 1429 posts

Naughty Dogs new way of saying coming soon TM

61 replies 802 views Edited Mar 14, 2013

Q&A just is answered by Trawnza and I respect them for the fact that they are finnaly honost against us! They finnaly admit that they don't want to fix our technical issues  (of course not litteraly, because that would hurt sales :smileywink:) and are moving on to The Last Of Us .

Ladies and Gentleman I am proud to represent to you ND latest phrase of answering questions and that is:

''We can't fix it, because it would require touching the code.''

Touching the code.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 62 (802 Views)
Survivor
1963 posts

Re: Naughty Dogs new way of saying coming soon TM

Mar 14, 2013
Can we get some type of The Da Vinci Code / Da Uncharted 3 Code meme started up?

Really disappointing Q&A's this month... They answered some good questions then threw **bleep** answers at us, once again. And I'm full of rage that there's more than two people working on UC3 than we had originally thought (unless there's only three, if so that is okay).

I am interested in what this gem that they claim to have recovered... Dry Docks? Heavy Bullets? People using the L1 button? Wetsuit Elena? (lol it's never Wetsuit Elena) Sully's missing rings that no one can see? What ever it is, I'm looking forward to seeing how they ruin it. :smileyhappy:

Nice to see that they are already making the PS3 sound like a weak, inferior console. Didn't think we'd be seeing this until closer to Christmas.
Pepsi
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 62 (762 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Mar 14, 2013

Every Q&A I have seen so far was dissaepointed and I yet have to see them ever answer the Number 1 question:

''What are you going to do to fix all the lag''

That question never will be answered. If it is even to hard to fix the code for split screeners how hard isn't it then to fix the whole dam net code?

As I see it for right now, they will keep throwing in there DLC trash and instead of fixing they can only ruin the net code more .

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 62 (754 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Mar 14, 2013

FromTheDutch wrote:

Every Q&A I have seen so far was dissaepointed and I yet have to see them ever answer the Number 1 question:

''What are you going to do to fix all the lag''

That question never will be answered. If it is even to hard to fix the code for split screeners how hard isn't it then to fix the whole dam net code?

As I see it for right now, they will keep throwing in there DLC trash and instead of fixing they can only ruin the net code more .

Funny how they answered my question by saying "Oh we pushed the Limits on the PS3"    

Yet they can add Tournament System and Free2Pay Versions of UC3.  I call "BS"  

Yea FromTheDutch that question will never be answered.  

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 62 (748 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
559 posts

Mar 14, 2013
They can't alter blindfire, aim assist, or change the matchmaking like in previous patches??!

I can't believe they take us for fools :smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 62 (708 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2031 posts

Mar 14, 2013

Silver-Knight47 wrote:
They can't alter blindfire, aim assist, or change the matchmaking like in previous patches??!

I can't believe they take us for fools :smileysurprised:

I can.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 62 (672 Views)
PlayStation MVP
18083 posts

Mar 14, 2013
"Touching code" is not the same as "Soon." "Soon" implies that they will eventually do it, but it's going to take a while, while "touching code" is a way of saying "we won't do it." The previous patches may have changed/added code in order to fix the games, but at this point, with only 2 people left working on the game, I don't think they want to change some old code and possibly ruin a part of the game by accident.

These things take a lot of trial and error, error which they probably can't afford to do with only 2 people left.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 62 (661 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4824 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
"Touching code" is not the same as "Soon." "Soon" implies that they will eventually do it, but it's going to take a while, while "touching code" is a way of saying "we won't do it." The previous patches may have changed/added code in order to fix the games, but at this point, with only 2 people left working on the game, I don't think they want to change some old code and possibly ruin a part of the game by accident.

These things take a lot of trial and error, error which they probably can't afford to do with only 2 people left.

^ This. "We can't touch the code without breaking the game" =/= "Soon(tm)"

Depending on how complex their code is and how far back it goes, Adding new features or even fixing some bugs would possibly require rewriting the code. I'm guessing with how limited their resources are they can't do any additional coding without proper testing and coding. They don't want to break their game further.

Some people think it's as easy as pushing a button on the servers. It isn't. Code is a *censored* to look over and to fix.

If it was easy, these issues would have been fixed ages ago.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 62 (590 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

I agree with tack129.  I test software (albeit, not gaming software) for a living and even the simplest code change can have huge (and very often, unexpected) implications.

There is a much reduced support team (two people, according to some reports) and if they’re both developers (as opposed to testers), then either they need to wait for the testing team to verify their changes or test their own code.  First requires additional lead time (presumably, all the testers are working on new products)…second, is risky because they’re strength/specialty is in writing code not testing it.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 62 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Mar 15, 2013
Their new way of saying 'soon' is 'might'

Not touching code :smileywink:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.