Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
9995 posts

Re: Naughty Dogs new way of saying coming soon TM

Mar 16, 2013
I wouldn't say it's the new soon, for the readons people pointed out.

However, it's their new excuse. Yep.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 62 (503 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Mar 16, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:
"Touching code" is not the same as "Soon." "Soon" implies that they will eventually do it, but it's going to take a while, while "touching code" is a way of saying "we won't do it." The previous patches may have changed/added code in order to fix the games, but at this point, with only 2 people left working on the game, I don't think they want to change some old code and possibly ruin a part of the game by accident.

These things take a lot of trial and error, error which they probably can't afford to do with only 2 people left.

Nicely said your right. So with other words we won't have any major technical fixes ever. Guys don't be satisfied anymore when there is coming a new patch, because all it will contain is DLC or fixes you didn't ask for.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 62 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1310 posts

Mar 16, 2013

Well, I just think ND should stop UC3 servers. and give re-support Uc2. 

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 62 (238 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9995 posts

Mar 16, 2013
They wouldn't kill this old game to support an rven older game.

Most likely UC2 dies as TLoU comes out.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 62 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Mar 16, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
They wouldn't kill this old game to support an rven older game.

Most likely UC2 dies as TLoU comes out.

I don't think UC2 will die when TLoU comes out becasue TLoU won't have competitive multiplayer I think, for multiple reasons:
- the game is coming in 3 months, and we haven't seen a multiplayer reveal trailer yet and not a single beta either, while Uncharted 2 and 3 had a trailer 6 months before launch and 2 beta's as well...

- competitive multiplayer would not fit in this game, because the game relies heavily on melee and we all know how well that works in competitive multiplayer...

- TLoU haven't enough development time and enough people working on it to make a huge competitive multiplayer component for it, I expect only a good cooperative multiplayer with a few modes, but polished this time around...

I'm not saying that my thoughts are the truth, but I seriously don't expect a competitive multiplayer component for The Last of us, do you think it will have that?

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 62 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8374 posts

Mar 16, 2013
There's alot of evidence that point to a competitive multiplayer in TLOU

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 62 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Mar 16, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

well, I would be interested in what that evidence might be then :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 62 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8374 posts

Mar 16, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Let's take a look at the preorder bonuses:

THE LAST OF US™: Pre-Order for Survival!

The Survival Pack

Your best chance of staying alive in brutal multiplayer matches, this pack contains:

• Bonus experience points to give you a head start on your rivals.
  • A powerful multiplayer melee attack booster to pack a heavier punch in hand-to-hand combat.
  • Special customizable items for your multiplayer character.
  • In-game currency to buy boosters, customizable parts and other items to bolster your multiplayer characters.
  • Two bonus skins for Joel and Ellie – available once you've completed the single player game

You would't have rivals that also get XP in a Co-op only environment, would you? Unless, for some reason, NPC's will be getting XP...

But then you might be asking, "maybe they are calling your teamates 'rivals' to be more competitive with your teammates?" Wrong. Perhaps you have seen the following thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-General/New-Details-Found-in-GoW-Ascension-Dem...

They consistently use the word "teamates", so they wouldn't be called rivals. If you look at the strings on this site that was in the thread:

http://pastebin.com/66Xud0fx

They are many other reasons to believe that this game will have a Competitive mode.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 62 (173 Views)
Last Guardian
11080 posts

Mar 16, 2013
No, Soon TM will never change. :smileymad:
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 62 (157 Views)
Fender Bender
2841 posts

Mar 17, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Let's take a look at the preorder bonuses:

THE LAST OF US™: Pre-Order for Survival!

The Survival Pack

Your best chance of staying alive in brutal multiplayer matches, this pack contains:

• Bonus experience points to give you a head start on your rivals.
  • A powerful multiplayer melee attack booster to pack a heavier punch in hand-to-hand combat.
  • Special customizable items for your multiplayer character.
  • In-game currency to buy boosters, customizable parts and other items to bolster your multiplayer characters.
  • Two bonus skins for Joel and Ellie – available once you've completed the single player game

You would't have rivals that also get XP in a Co-op only environment, would you? Unless, for some reason, NPC's will be getting XP...

But then you might be asking, "maybe they are calling your teamates 'rivals' to be more competitive with your teammates?" Wrong. Perhaps you have seen the following thread:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-General/New-Details-Found-in-GoW-Ascension-Dem...

They consistently use the word "teamates", so they wouldn't be called rivals. If you look at the strings on this site that was in the thread:

http://pastebin.com/66Xud0fx

They are many other reasons to believe that this game will have a Competitive mode.

if the information fadi002 provided is true, consider me convinced :smileywink:

I still hope though it will not have competitive multiplayer, or at least hope that cooperative multiplayer will be a bigger part of the game, if there is no infected survival I would be seriously dissapointed :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 62 (142 Views)
0 Likes