Naughty Paw
11606 posts

Re: Naughty Dogs new way of saying coming soon TM

Mar 17, 2013
I enjoyed the story more because it was more grounded to me than 2. There was a lot more emotion and I felt more connected to the characters. Like when that thing happens in Iram with the water. I was never as angry with a video game character in my whole life. There was more eye-candy in 3, as well as a progressive sense of gameplay. I liked walking through Yemen more than walkig through the Tibetan village (mainly because I'm from Yemen, but still). I liked, contrary to others, Talbot's unpredictability and his sneakiness. It left a lot to wonder about him, which I liked.The gunplay and combat was also more satisfying.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 51 of 62 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
143 posts

Mar 17, 2013
renatabls wrote:
Lol /people who will buy TLoU for the MP.
-----------------------
I think you missunderstood.
I meant i would buy U4 for the MP only.
IF the MP is pimped with the resources of the campain.

Message 52 of 62 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11606 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Well, you can't really buy TLOU for the MP yet because we know nothing about it, nor have we seen any footage of it.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 53 of 62 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Mar 17, 2013

I wouldn't be surprised if the MP is as worse as Uncharted, but the single-player looks much better than Uncharted. 

Message 54 of 62 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11606 posts

Mar 17, 2013
^I would

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 55 of 62 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Mar 17, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the MP is as worse as Uncharted, but the single-player looks much better than Uncharted. 

off-topic: stop using my avatar! I have been fooled multiple times now in thinking that I was the one who wrote that Smiley Tongue

(I know it's not my avatar, but I have never seen anyone else having zeke as his/her avatar, Zeke is awesome Smiley Happy )

@AKyemeni:

spoilers about UC2 and UC3:

Spoiler
I agree that the mystery around Talbot was interesting, but it was exactly that what dissapointed me in the end when it appeared there was no mystery at all, yet many was unexplained (in-game, I know it has been explained somewhere by amy hennig, great writer she is btw), also the spiders, I suspected the spiders to have to do anything with it, but that was nothing, indeed while playing it the mystery was awesome, but it got me disappointed in the end... in Uncharted 2 there was the mystery about the yeti's, I loved that, and it was explained later on in the game, that's why I liked that more...

on the gunplay/combat: I disagree that UC3's gunplay/combat is better, it feels more clunkier for me and not so fluid, especially hand-2-hand combat and stealth are not good in UC3 compared to UC2, also I was disappointed there was not much combat from ledges and other stuff in UC3, while there was in UC2, and in open areas it was usefull too, also the level design in UC3 was not so good, in UC2 you had these great open spaces where you could choose between going to the roofs or sneak behind them, in UC3 it was way to linear...

I agree on the slower paced walking sections in UC3, like in Yemen, those were awesome, and indeed even better than walking through the tibetan village in UC3, I would like to add to that that I enjoyed the on foot chases with Talbot in Yemen, it was really fun and good...

Message 56 of 62 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Mar 17, 2013
AKyemeni, I totally agree with you with the "eye candy". The desert parts of the game looked great, as did the ocean parts. I wasn't a fan of the ocean parts, but it did look good
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 57 of 62 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Mar 17, 2013
@AKyemeni Talbot was a weak villain imho, Zoran and Gabriel were way better. The only thing i liked in U3 was the Nate + Sully friendship, i was disappointed(can't spell) that they didn't tell us Nate's real name, nor who were his parents... but maybe they hid all that for U4... right ND? U4 for PS4 and TLoU is probably just a way for ND to get more money... RIGHT? Smiley Very Happy
Message 58 of 62 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11606 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Roman and Lazaravic were common cliches in my opinion. I felt like Talbot being a magician made him more of a badass than either of them. And that snicker!

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 59 of 62 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Roman was definitely a Indiana Jones-style villain. Lazarevic is my favorite character in the series with Cutter at a close second. Second favorite villain=Navaro. Then Flynn.
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Message 60 of 62 (164 Views)
0 Likes