Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 08 2013
By: hbkyan Splicer 44 posts

Need some TDM tips,anyone?

18 replies 332 views Edited Jun 8, 2013
i have always played TO and plunder very much and i beast at it...however i feel like that my TDM skill are not to the level.
some tips like strategic points in maps and advanced tips or techniques.
ty
Message 1 of 19 (332 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Re: Need some TDM tips,anyone?

Jun 8, 2013
It isn't too different from Objective or Plunder. If you're the "beast" you claim, you will be fine.
Message 2 of 19 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Unlike TO and Plunder, it's not always the best idea to rush right into things and wait for people. During Plunder and TO, you have to be very persistent to kill someone and you usually wait for people to get close to you so then you can kill them. In TDM that's not always the best idea. So try not to rush right towards the power weapons, instead get a good vantage point of them so you can stop whoever tries to go for them.

You'll learn your own tactics eventually though, these are mine and these don't always apply to some people.

Bang Bang!

Message 3 of 19 (312 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4532 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Unlike TO and Plunder, it's not always the best idea to rush right into things and wait for people. During Plunder and TO, you have to be very persistent to kill someone and you usually wait for people to get close to you so then you can kill them. In TDM that's not always the best idea. So try not to rush right towards the power weapons, instead get a good vantage point of them so you can stop whoever tries to go for them.

You'll learn your own tactics eventually though, these are mine and these don't always apply to some people.

I don't completely agree with INESCAPABLE here. What I do agree with it that you need to contest the best power weapon spawns at all times. Sometimes this is in close and sometimes from afar. If you get a power weapon then you need to use it effectively for you team.

As you play more and more often you'll figure out what effectively means. I'd say that means killing someone near you. Using only as little of the ammo as possible unless you're going to for sure die and the other team can pick that up once they kill you. Kill someone that got the jump on a team member. Don't kill someone that will die anyway. Kill someone camping in an important area.

Pretty much you need to contest important areas on the map in as many ways and as often as possible. If the other team doesn't want to contest those areas then don't sweat it. You'll have an advantage over them that you can use to smartly kill them.

Think of TDM as slower paced King of the Hill. The Hill can change depending on where your team is, the other team is, and where the spawns are on the map. However, there is always a subset hill by the important power weapons.

Message 4 of 19 (305 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Jun 8, 2013
My tactic is run around, kill a bunch of dudes, and always remember to have fun.

Also: Highest point in the map, jump off that.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 5 of 19 (298 Views)
Wastelander
559 posts

Jun 8, 2013
This is u3...its ruled by the cheapest kills available.
Hog the power weapons and hide in corners and come out blasting with it or blindfire while playing with a party of stats losers. Dont forget u have many kickbacks and running with others to teamup against everyone XD Guaranteed to make it all easy lol

Besides, u see all the so called pros do things like this. If u don't have any power weapons just shoot behind corners overseeing spawn areas :/
Its all about getting the cheapest kills possible...
Message 6 of 19 (283 Views)
Gaming Beast
2029 posts

Jun 8, 2013
Kill everything that walks!!!!
Message 7 of 19 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jun 8, 2013
The good vantage points of maps?like museum?
Message 8 of 19 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4925 posts

Jun 8, 2013
Use M9 RoF, QuickBoom, fleet foot, explosive shell expert or bargain, and you'll do fine. :smileyvery-happy:

Just kidding. Don't do any of that. Play like you normally would.
 photo Untitled-1_zps6a2e69f8.jpg
Message 9 of 19 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Jun 8, 2013
But seriously, take my advice. Have fun. Don't take this game too seriously. It's really hard to have fun like that.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 10 of 19 (252 Views)