Aug 04 2013
By: Icebound1 Lombax Warrior 110 posts

Need some advice on getting better

[ Edited ]
36 replies 436 views Edited Aug 4, 2013

Hi guys,

I've been a bit frustrated lately. I can rarely get my KDR above 1:1.  Right now I'm 500 under being positive but if I were to make a new account it'd be 1:1. How can I get better?

I have trouble trying to kill people that use lvl 3 FF + M9 RoF, as well as Kal 9ers. I'm not going to stoop down to that level...

Any advice for me? I'm Legacy level 4 rank 44. I have most weapons, use Flynn's M9 and actually prefer the Dragon on large maps. 

Message 1 of 37 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2413 posts

Re: Need some advice on getting better

Aug 4, 2013
You could try AK-47 with a stopping power hat, it will slow down both Fleet Foot users and blindfire rushers, and they will also have a harder time escaping.
Pepsi
Message 2 of 37 (428 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Aug 4, 2013
Weapon Expert with Dragon, max ammo and RS, either the Raffica or the Para.

That should cover all ranges.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 3 of 37 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Aug 4, 2013

I'd try and take it slow against Kal and ROF users. If you face a ROF user head up try and avoid as many bullets as possible, they will waste all their bullets and you can catch them in their reload.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 4 of 37 (418 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Aug 4, 2013
^ for rushers, just run around, climb stuff, change where you are in terms of height. They can't blindfire if they're too busy climbing.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 5 of 37 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

Aug 4, 2013
Equip Revolution M9 with RoF, Fleet Foot, Revenge and Quickboom. Voila, you're officially considered a 'veteran'.
I crash camel into bridge I no care I love it
-Pakalu Papito
Message 6 of 37 (400 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Aug 4, 2013

If you're having trouble with people getting too close to you and moving too quickly, use the AK. It has great stopping power but it kills a fraction of a second slower. I personally use a Dragon with Reload Speed (Not Clip Size or else you're tempted to waste all your bullets) with Drake's Para on every map and the stopping power with the Dragon is just great.

If you're having trouble getting kills, change your play style. I'd suggest using a long gun with Reload Speed because that way you're more in control of your weapon. Also, change your boosters and/or kickback and how you play. If you're used to running for the power weapons, maybe hiding in wait is better for you.

Bang Bang!

Message 7 of 37 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Aug 6, 2013
Looks like a bunch of replies got rolled back.

I wanted to ask what sensitivity people use for sniping and what's the easiest way to level up scoped in.
Message 8 of 37 (340 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Aug 6, 2013
I used to change the sensitivity, but it would always reset. Then I started forgetting. So normally I keep it at default.

As far as getting Scoped In to gold, you'll probably need some patience. Fort or Train Wreck are good levels. You could also try Museum, Syria, Yemen, Airport etc. Any map that you can see clear across will work.

For my sniping load out, I like the Dragon (duh), Para of choice, Scoped In gold, Bargain gold and Sniper kickback. Bargain helps get you your T-Bolt faster which will make getting TLR medals a lot easier.
Message 9 of 37 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Icebound1 wrote:

I have trouble trying to kill people that use lvl 3 FF + M9 RoF, as well as Kal 9ers. I'm not going to stoop down to that level...

Use those weapons.

Icebound1 wrote:

I'm not going to stoop down to that level...

Use those weapons.

Message 10 of 37 (322 Views)
0 Likes