Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Re: Need some advice on getting better

Aug 6, 2013

Icebound1 wrote:
Looks like a bunch of replies got rolled back.

I wanted to ask what sensitivity people use for sniping and what's the easiest way to level up scoped in.

Levelling up just requires a lot of camping. Once you've got it at level 3, you can run around a lot more. But I don't use Bargain when I'm running around, nor do I use T-Bolt. I use Team Safe and Gotcha, really helpful IMO.

Bang Bang!

Message 11 of 37 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 6, 2013

Icebound1 wrote:

Hi guys,

I've been a bit frustrated lately. I can rarely get my KDR above 1:1.  Right now I'm 500 under being positive but if I were to make a new account it'd be 1:1. How can I get better? I have trouble trying to kill people that use lvl 3 FF + M9 RoF, as well as Kal 9ers. I'm not going to stoop down to that level...Any advice for me? I'm Legacy level 4 rank 44. I have most weapons, use Flynn's M9 and actually prefer the Dragon on large maps. 

KDR doesn't really matter too much in this game, considering this: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-3-Multiplayer-Leaderb... and the boosting/kill-farming in objective modes that occured before the method was patched. If you want to get better, practice by playing objective modes but don't- I repeat, don't- run around and solely kill people, because then you're being more of a hinderance to your team. Guard the hills and idol carriers and you'll eventually improve your reflexes, tactics and whatnot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Message 12 of 37 (329 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 6, 2013

Right...forgot about Team Safe. That really helps you survive instead of just laying there waiting to be killed after being knocked down.  I think I'm going to use Bargain + Sniper kickback in an attempt to level up Scoped In and then go from there. 

Message 13 of 37 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Aug 7, 2013
For normal maps with close contct fights you will need a M9 or AK47 of your choice and a modded para 9.
for being a sniper you should keep the para 9 and use cloaked so wherever you are hiding cannot be revealed.
Grenades come in handy but you should use them when luring an enemy in that has more firepower than you so when the bomb explodes you gain momentary advantage or it just kills them.
Message 14 of 37 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Slowly improving. Today I went 9-2 and 11-9. I finished l...

[ Edited ]
Aug 7, 2013

Slowly improving. Today I went 9-2 and 11-9. I finished leveling up Bargain and I like the Sniper Kickback + Bargain combo. Played with sensitivity 8.

Also thinking about using cloaked instead of scoped in. Scoped in is so hard to level - even when I make an extra effort. Also working on getting Weapon Expert up to 2 for now so I can try the pistol scope thing. 

So finally the last bit of advice is what stat hat should I use for sniping?

Message 15 of 37 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Re: Slowly improving. Today I went 9-2 and 11-9. I finished l...

Aug 7, 2013

Icebound1 wrote:

Slowly improving. Today I went 9-2 and 11-9. I finished leveling up Bargain and I like the Sniper Kickback + Bargain combo. Played with sensitivity 8.

Also thinking about using cloaked instead of scoped in. Scoped in is so hard to level - even when I make an extra effort. Also working on getting Weapon Expert up to 2 for now so I can try the pistol scope thing. 

Max Ammo or Cloaked. That way you can run around with Scoped In AND Cloaked.

Bang Bang!

Message 16 of 37 (292 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Slowly improving. Today I went 9-2 and 11-9. I finished l...

Aug 7, 2013

Icebound1 wrote:

Get WE up to three, it's not hard since by level 2 it's just Triple Threat and you basically should be able to get at least one in the course of a match. You're using a sniper, right? You might as well get it to three.

Cloaked hat trumps all. I don't approve of stat hats because I never approve of buyable power-ups, but Cloaked stat hat is okay. Specifically the Knight Helmet, which only lowers health regen, which isn't a problem for snipers, generally speaking.

IF you're using the Cloaked stat hat, don't bother with Cloaked booster. Either Bronze or Gold should do the trick fine for Cloaked, and the hat pretty much is Cloaked Bronze.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 17 of 37 (280 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Aug 7, 2013
Had a very good day today. Did not drop below 1:1 kdr, and even went 16-4 on a lab map with the dragon!!

I'm also a very good dodgeball player. Hehe.

Still waiting for WE to get to 2. Then I'll probably try to level up cloaked.
Message 18 of 37 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Aug 7, 2013
Get it to Cloaked gold first. The WE adv is MA / RS dragon, so you both last longer in general and last longer in a direct fight.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 19 of 37 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Aug 8, 2013

Comfortably got my KDR's over 1:1 today Smiley Happy 

All with the Sniper + Pistol. 

Message 20 of 37 (232 Views)
0 Likes