Sep 25 2012
By: Alluboy_ Fender Bender 3593 posts

New Co-op Kickbacks (Keep 'em coming!)

[ Edited ]
36 replies 454 views Edited Oct 3, 2012

I've been thinking about new Kickbacks for Co-op. Currently, Co-op has only few actually useful KBs, compared to CMP, which has loads of them.

I've also been playing BL1&2 lately which made me realize that Co-op has only *one* KB that has anything to do with ammo, and that's Militia Man, which isn't even useful unless you're low level. Firing accurately and saving ammo is really important on Crushing difficulty. And if you happen to run out fo ammo while surrounded by enemies, you're screwed. Many times when I've been Co-oping with Ali and we've died because I happened to run out of ammo. :smileysad:

We have plenty of offensive KBs and defensive (Well okay, these not that much) kickbacks, but have a lack for supportive Kickbacks. That's why I've come up with two Kickbacks:

Stockpile

Drop a crate full of ammo which replenishes 10% on currently carried weapons' max ammo every 3 seconds. Also receive a grenade every 10 seconds.

Duration: 30 Seconds

Medal cost: 6-8

Req. Level: 40+

Range: 10m

Amount of ammo received is further increased by (obviously) equipping the Kickback Endurance Booster, which increases the duration from 30 seconds to 45 on Gold. That means that it's possible to get 4 grenades and 150% of weapons' max ammo.

Stockpile does not work with Power weapons. You also cannot receive any more ammo once you've reached the max. So, if you have an AK with 150 ammo (=max), you cannot go past that. So, if you see anyone activating Stockpile while you still have plenty of ammo, then just FIRE AWAY!

If it isn't possible to drop a crate, then make it work like Protector and Army of Three, AKA having a white coloured aura.

The second KB I've thought about (and what people will obviously call OP :smileytongue:) is:

Quick Heal (Unless you can come up with a better name :smileywink: )

When activated, players' regeneration delay is cut by half, and/or (which ever you prefer) regeneration rate is increased by 50%.

Duration: 30 Seconds

Medal cost: 10-12

Req. Level: 60+

Range: 10m

And for those don't know:

Regen delay = When the player starts to heal.

Regeneration speed/rate = How fast the player heals.

This effect does stack with regeneration, but it's more useful for those who don't use it, because you already heal fast. The KB works just like Protector and Ao3. The color will be green.

Well, thanks for reading. I appreciate the feedback. :smileyhappy: You're also welcome to suggest your own ideas. If I like it enough, I'll add it to the OP. :smileywink: 

------------------------------------

Dragon Sniper (SLEAZE_IT_UP)

Gives Dragon Sniper with 25 shots. Costs 8 medals to activate.

Hammer Time! (SLEAZE_IT_UP)

Gives M32-Hammer with 6 shots. Costs 8 medals to activate.

Cursed Idol (Matthijs_17)

When thrown, enemies become cursed and start shooting each other with decreased accuracy, allowing players to easily finish them off.

Duration: 20 seconds

Range: 15 meters

Medal Cost: 10

PAK Attack (JD--)

Gives a fully loaded (180 bullets) PAK-80. Costs 15 medals to activate.

Steel Skin  (sanddude20)

You can not be meleed by enemy NPCs and stunned by them. This will be to avoid getting sucked into their oddly large melee radius and punching you, stalling you from your action.

Medal cost: 6

Duration: 30 secs

IRON FIST    (AliMakaveli)

Doubles the punch damage, allowing the player to kill enemies (including armored) with a single punch. Iron fist does not affect Pak brute. Lasts 15 seconds.

Message 1 of 37 (454 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Re: New Co-op Kickbacks (Ideas Welcome!)

[ Edited ]
Sep 25, 2012

ATTACKING KB

IRON FIST

I would like to see a "Iron Fist" kickback whereby you can punch all enemies including armoured ones with 1 punch, except for mr Pakman. The duration should be 15 seconds otherwise it would be too easy.

DEFENSIVE KICKBACK:

BREATH EASY

Once activated it will automatically release you from a chokers hold and also if a friend is being choked with you then they will also be released. It can also be used when a friend is in no mans land being choked to release him. When using this you will automatically get a let em go medal.

On same subject, whoever heals a team mate nearby via medic should get an automatic medic medal IMO

Message 2 of 37 (441 Views)
Fender Bender
3593 posts

Sep 25, 2012

AliMakaveli wrote:

On same subject, whoever heals a team mate nearby via medic should get an automatic medic medal IMO

This would really help leveling up Regeneration (And it makes sense also) so, YES!

Message 3 of 37 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Sep 25, 2012

I want two simple ones:

A Dragon Sniper Kickback (minimum 25 shots).

A Hammer Time Kickback (minimum 6 shots). 

Do it. 

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Message 4 of 37 (381 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Sep 25, 2012

A Dragon Sniper Kickback (minimum 25 shots).

I would SERIOUSLY use a full loaded Dragon Sniper KB instead of Cluster Bomb.

Many "not very experienced" co-op players don't even touch it so they don't know that only PAK is better than Dragon.

0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Sep 25, 2012
PAK kickback :smileyhappy:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 6 of 37 (356 Views)
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Sep 25, 2012

Pistol Pete
+10 medals
Get a Mag-5
Instantly gives you a Mag 5

The warrior who protected his pride has one last story to tell
Message 7 of 37 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Sep 25, 2012
I'd love that shadow. It'd need to be quite a few medals to not be easy enough, but whatever it takes.

Message 8 of 37 (337 Views)
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Sep 25, 2012

PAK Attack:

15 Medals

Instant

Gives a fully loaded, 180 bullets, PAK-80.

Revolver:

10 Medals

Instant

Gives a 12 shot Wes-44.

Kung-fu Fighting:

14 Medals

20 seconds

Grants the ability to have uninterruptible melee attacks. You can melee any enemy excluding chokers and PAK-80 Brutes.

Resurrection/Vertigo:

10 medals

Instant

Gives the ability to teleport. Say, for instance you are jumping away from a grenade and you happen to jump into a hole/death leap, you activate your kickback and it transports you back to the spawn - no life lost.

That's all I got for now. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 9 of 37 (331 Views)
Fender Bender
2290 posts

Sep 25, 2012

AliMakaveli wrote:

ATTACKING KB

IRON FIST

I would like to see a "Iron Fist" kickback whereby you can punch all enemies including armoured ones with 1 punch, except for mr Pakman. The duration should be 15 seconds otherwise it would be too easy.

Lolz, I didn't read that! Great minds think alike. :smileytongue:

Message 10 of 37 (328 Views)
0 Likes